The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473846
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
unchaineddiablo
unchaineddiablo
3 posts
Nomad

I've been an active gamer since I was six years old. Up until recently, I've always been a loyal Nintendo follower. I've owned every Nintendo system from the first Nintendo, the Super Nintendo, the N64, and the Gamecube. I've been more than happy with their products all these years. (Especially the Zelda series) However, I am highly disappointed with the Wii. I now own an Xbox 360 Elite. I love my Xbox. I play it daily. Halo 3 is just legendary, all of the Call of Duties never disappoint, and there are several more I can mention. The only thing PS3 has going for it are superior graphics, free internet, and the browser. Although Xbox LIVE costs money, it is well worth it because the game selection for Xbox is far superior to the PS3. Games such as Black Ops and Guitar Hero are available on both systems, while amazing games like Gears of War and Halo are only for Xbox. I cast my vote for Microsoft's Xbox. (Although, I think Kinect and Move are ridiculous)

parchessi
parchessi
3 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360, easy online navigation, better games, more reliable console(the new one obviously, the old one got the RRoD). My personal favorites are Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Crisis 2, and Assasins Creed: Brotherhood online. Even though the live costs money, I belive it's worth it because of the fast connection, more hardcore gamers to play with while still mantaining a kid friendly environment with games for Kinect and some online Xbox Arcade games, and a dashboard that is easy to navigate.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Wii is beast!!! Wii's the best because A.) It's not getting hacked every 2 days (PSN), and B.) It's just better than the 360

1) You're over-exaggerating.
2) If you are a more serious gamer, then the Xbox 360 is the way to go. If you just play around with family and/or friends, like the exercise games, better motion gaming, then get the Wii.
You could also use and Ethernet cable.

Yes.
The only thing PS3 has going for it are superior graphics, free internet, and the browser

To add to your list: The disk tray doesn't scratch your disks(on top of that, it isn't a regular disk tray), controllers don't require batteries, low failure rate, blu-ray which offers better graphics and watching movies on the system is great, The Move.
I'd say it does have great exclusives, but I can't really put that on the facts list because it's a matter of personal opinion.
the game selection for Xbox is far superior to the PS3.

Depends on the gamer. You can't state this as a fact just because they have a larger game library.
I prefer PS3 exclusives to Xbox 360 exclusives because I find them to be more enjoyable. If you're using superior as in larger game library, then that doesn't make it superior. That just means you have a larger game selection. Quality > Quantity.
easy online navigation

That implies that you don't think that the other two have easy online navigation. Care you explain that?
better games

Personal preference.
more reliable console

Are you comparing the reliability against the Wii and PS3, or the older Xbox 360's? If it's the former, then I think you're wrong. The failure rates of the Wii and PS3 have a lower percentage than the Xbox 360. If it's the latter, then you're correct.
Even though the live costs money, I belive it's worth it because of the fast connection, more hardcore gamers to play

I admit, the online gameplay on the Xbox 360 is better than the other two. But I find myself not playing online that much unless it's an FPS game. So that doesn't matter much to me.
a dashboard that is easy to navigate.

What's complicated about the Wii and PS3's dashboard?
waqas325
waqas325
10 posts
Nomad

I'd go with PS3 for casual players but I'm more of a pro and I prefer having challenges online so I'd go with xbox, but xbox does sometimes be annoying so I think PS3 is better because of product quality, but xbox could be better because of gaming quality.

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Advantages of the PS3: Blue Ray, better graphics, larger game library, more exclusives, Steamcloud, free and faster internet, low breakdown rate, responsive Move controls, good customer support, great community etc.
Disadvantages: Lacking Wii/Xbox exclusives.
Advantages of the Wii: Mario, Zelda, first motion controls.
Disadvantages: Sub-par graphics, lacking PS3/Xbox exclusives, slower internet.
Xbox Advantages: Halo, Gears of War.
Disadvantages: HDdvd, Lacks Wii/PS3 exclusives, Have to pay for (slower)internet, no "exclusives"(all are available on PC), spotty Live gameplay, horrible customer support, Microsoft has to pay off developers/publishers for exclusive/early content because they're losing so many live customers, Live consists of eight year olds and idiots, easily hacked, RRoD... 26% breakdown rate(used to be 48%), Microsoft lies about Live breaches, stolen credit card information, etc.

felixangel11
felixangel11
1 posts
Peasant

p

fablegod
fablegod
13 posts
Nomad

playstation all day!
positives: good gaming graphics, good movie graphics, awesome playstation store, playstation plus, no pay to play, and easy to handle controller.
negatives: cant play music whilst playing a game, slow downloads, and easy to hack online.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

easy to handle controller

What's difficult about the Wii's and Xbox 360's controller?
easy to hack online

If it was easy, then there would be no PSN.
indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure about the Wii controller. I like the PS3 better but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Xbox 360 controller.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'm not sure about the Wii controller. I like the PS3 better but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Xbox 360 controller.

All of them function well and the buttons are easy to learn.
It's why I was asking the other person why they thought there was something difficult about the controllers.
Splicer15
Splicer15
12 posts
Nomad

I think that the wii is the best!
Because it has the best exclusive games (super mario galaxy 1&2, zelda tp and soon skyward sword, Goldeneye, super smash bros brawl, metroid prime trilogy and other m, resident evil umbrella- and darkside chronicles, house of the dead overkill, mario kart..........)
i like fps too,but for them i don't need a xbox or ps3, because i can get most of the 360 and ps3 games for pc and there the controls are better.

the only thing where the other consols are better are the graphics, but i don't mind the graphics!

I know that there are lots of ****ty games for the wii but you don't have to buy them just because you own a wii!!!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

the only thing where the other consols are better are the graphics

And mostly hardware and software.
This is my thread that I made in Kongregate and I'm going to make another one on here.

Have fun getting a duplicate thread locked.
HellishMonkey
HellishMonkey
18 posts
Shepherd

PS3 all the way

BurgerBlades
BurgerBlades
4 posts
Nomad

have to go with ps3 but when a new system comes out we will see

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Wii is fine, but the 360 controller is six inches thick...
Showing 2821-2835 of 5032