The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473782
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

How?

It doesn't, there are just people that have biased opinions. It's a perfectly good console if it's what your looking for.
deni123
deni123
133 posts
Nomad

Umm
1.playstation
2Wii(graphics are bad,no dvd player)
3.Xbox not so good nothing special and different playstation's graphics are better)
PLAYSATION WINS!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

It doesn't, there are just people that have biased opinions

I know, but I like to read people's reasons for saying things like that.

@Deni123:
It looks like you only play the consoles for the graphics. Well, hope you enjoy those graphics. I guess people don't play consoles for the games anymore. It's disheartening that the world has came to this. Where people only play GAMING consoles for GRAPHICS rather than GAMING itself.

Well, yes, the PS3 has the best graphics of them all due to the blu-ray player. However, if you only look for that while searching for a GAMING console, then I hope you have fun looking at pretty art. The Wii's graphics aren't the best, but the GAMING on the Wii is excellent. The Xbox 360's graphics aren't the best either, but the online GAMEPLAY is wonderful.
azndude07
azndude07
31 posts
Peasant

The system that has my favorite games is the 360, but Nintendo is my favorite franchise! They set the benchmark for everything. Gaming in general was pretty much started by Nintendo, 4 button layout, Nintendo, saving games, Nintendo, Motion control gaming, nintendo, 3D home entertainment gaming, Nintendo. They start everything, sure, some of the other developers may try, and possibly succeed in making something better, but Nintendo starts it all <3
I have to go with the Wii :3

ColdMold
ColdMold
32 posts
Nomad

Xbox360. Period.

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Xbox Live got hacked.

When?

As for the whole "Graphics argument":

The PS3 has superior graphics due to the Blu-ray player BUT, there is hardly a difference between PS3 and Xbox graphics. You really only notice it when watching movies.

Games:

Personal preference and cannot be measured to see which console has the better exclusive titles. I prefer Gears, Halo and Fable over MGS, in-Famous ect. But Forza and Grand Turismo is a dead tie for me because I like both games. Lil Big Planet is fun as well so each console has good exclusives. MLB: The Show is better than MLB 2K_ in my opinion as well.

Kinect vs. Move

The Wii was groundbreaking, but the Kinect is revolutionary. No controller at all is amazing and with the new Ghost Recon game coming out, the voice command can be used to make your own weapons. Move: Meh, A glorified Wii with glowing d*****s at the ends. Not much new there.

I can assume that a good 80-85% of us buy our consoles because our friends have them and we want to game with them. I own a Xbox 360, but I am in no way a Microsoft fanboy. I dont even like Microsoft that much I just think their console is amazing. It has its ups and downs but the PS3 at first in 2006 was an absolute laughing stock of a console, $599 for a bulky console with no games. Its come a long way since then and has now settled itself as a solid next-gen console along the Xbox 360
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald
firelee
firelee
47 posts
Nomad

one good idea to bring up is what age group will be playing these systems

Xbox360- i would say has more rated M games then any other
Wii- is more for the kids
playstation- is more in the middle

yes ther are people who play all three but the games are what make the systems and the appeal of those game make each system popular or not

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What I see on Wii commercials and what I actually see playing them are families, which means that it's for every age group. And anyway, age group doesn't matter with these three consoles since ANYONE can play them.

firelee
firelee
47 posts
Nomad

yes this is true but more games on the Wii are for the younger generation but i do see your point but would you want a five year old playing a rated M game i think not you would chose what fits best for your household would you not

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

There are E, T, M, etc, rated games on ALL the consoles. Saying this one is geared towards this age group even though they have all the ratings is wrong. I know many teenagers and adults that play the Wii.

It's like me saying that Armor Games is a children site since some flash games look like children games to me. It's wrong.

deni123
deni123
133 posts
Nomad

ok I know wii is not so bad some of friends have it but I think wii have lots of default to...
And there is too much child games and less adult games
(I don't want to mean +18)

firelee
firelee
47 posts
Nomad

i see your point i know alot of teens and adults play and own a Wii, but they also own another system because of the games that are on the other system are more suited for them and their age. i do understand that all the consoles have each rating but for a family with young kids i think they would chose the console that has more of a choice for that age group. now say a family with teens they their choice would be any one of them.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

It isn't fact that everyone who has a Wii owns another console. I have a few friends that only have the Wii, and they are teenagers. The Wii is suited for all ages, as is the Xbox 360 and PS3. Just because of YOUR experience with something does not make it a fact. Opinions differ on consoles and always will. But for you to say that the Wii is just for children and that EVERYBODY who owns a Wii has another console is wrong.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

@Deni123:
It looks like you only play the consoles for the graphics. Well, hope you enjoy those graphics. I guess people don't play consoles for the games anymore. It's disheartening that the world has came to this. Where people only play GAMING consoles for GRAPHICS rather than GAMING itself.

the gaming business has, just like the music business, have been going downhill quality- wise. the music business puts out artists like lil wayne and others and they dish out singles very often in a year. sure it's good, but it's only a single, so then after a month, you'll get bored with it and waiting for the next sequel. back before the turn of the century, artists would dish out entire albums so you've got about 10-12 songs to keep you occupied while they continue making good qulaity music every 2 or so years.

and the same can be said with gaming. theyll put out a game that's good , but it's not as lasting as the older games. so after a month or so, you're bored with the game and will only play it on a rainy day. now the older nintendo games (talking as far back as SNES here) those games are still fun to play and the graphics aren't too great.

if you don't really understand, the games that focus on graphics= lots of singles in a year
and games that focussed on the actual game= one album every 2 or so years

i know it's a terrible comparison but that is honestly the best i can put it.
Showing 2926-2940 of 5032