The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473729
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Games4Eras
Games4Eras
6 posts
Nomad

BTW is "sucks" allowed on this forum? Cause it's not really a swear... right...?

proshots
proshots
24 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 wins for graphics, connection quality, range of games and games for microsoft (purchase via points)

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 wins for graphics, connection quality, range of games and games for microsoft (purchase via points)

1. PS3 has better graphics(and BlueRay)
2. PS3 has better connection because Xbox makes the slowest connection host to make it "fair."
3. There are a lot more(and better) games on PS3.
4. Same as 3.
Poobaloofa
Poobaloofa
111 posts
Jester

wii still wins i think

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

WII IS AWESOME. YOU CAN'T DENY IT.

People can deny it if they want to, it's personal preference.
wii can make you fit while keeping you entertained.

The other two consoles in this discussion can do that now as well.
I mean its not really for gaming but it's really ment voor interactive family fun stuff.

There are games for the Wii that are for gaming, instead of games solely for exercising.
There are a lot more(and better) games on PS3.

The Xbox 360 has more games than the PS3. And the better argument depends on what the person likes. Not everyone likes the PS3 exclusives.
wii still wins i think

You're being a fanboy right now by spamming this thread with all the "Wii wins because I said so" stuff now. It's getting rather annoying. Feel free to post about how it wins, or what features you like on the Wii that make it better than the other two consoles.
jamsta13
jamsta13
1 posts
Nomad

[/b]I vote Ps3http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=ps3&view=detail&id=9507BE1F7AF20684E5B99DA667F76FCF8989F403&first=31&Fbecause it has the best games okay

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Just to adress some of the points I've seen on here:

Wii should have never been made poor graphics and lasting effect.

Implying games with that don't have the best graphics shouldn't exist. The Wii was MADE with the philosophy in mind, that graphics add nothing to a game, and they can be enjoyed even without HD. Given the fact that it outsold the other 2 by a LOT, this has been pretty much proven.

Ps3 has the best quality in graphics games and being built.

Having graphics means nothing. Putting graphics over everything eventually leads to style over substance.

Uncharted 2(which by the way is the third best selling game of all time)

Wut? Do tell where you got this magic info from because it's certainly false.

There's plenty of games all over history that have outsold Uncharted 2. Even PS3 ones.

All Xbox has is Gears of War and Halo

Try giving this a read.

As for Kinect... all it is, is a glorified Eye Toy

Yeah.....not like the Move which is a glorified Wiimote.

Now if you just want a fun time, without going into a real game, then the Wii might be better.

Implying Wii games aren't "real" games.

But is usually not meant to be played for a long time.

You can certainly do just that with a variety of Wii games.

But if you are looking for a piece of art, then don't look at the Wii. Hardly any game for the Wii ever won a GOTY.

Implying winning GOTY actually means something.

The only real memorable game for the Wii is basically Mario Galaxy series. Other then that, most games can get quite boring or abuses the Wii remote's controls.

Opinion. Not to mention, Nintendo made MORE Non-motion centric games than actual Motion games.

all xboxes overheat

Mine certainly hasn't.

1. PS3 has better graphics(and BlueRay)

Which don't mean a thing, since making a -game- is much more important than having nice graphics.

There are games for the Wii that are for gaming instead of games solely for exercising.

How can a game NOT be for gaming? Having a "game for exercising" doesn't make it any less of a game than a modern shooter.
blackheart1d
blackheart1d
47 posts
Templar

i have a wii, it is a good console some good games and such, but i still like playing the xbox 360 more than the wii for the better games and graphics, i also have to say that the ps3 is just bad compared to the other consoles, sure it has some good games, but the wii and xbox have better games.

Sam1Dog1
Sam1Dog1
10 posts
Nomad

I got into gaming because of the Wii and it has a very creative control scheme. On the other hand, the 360 has excellent graphics and amazing online play and gets many fun titles that the Wii doesn't and vice versa. I believe the Wii U will fix most of these problems and will add another creative gameplay system and dominate the market. And my thoughts on Sony? Vita looks cool but there is no way I'm investing money into a PS3 anytime soon. And don't get me started on the fanboys.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

How can a game NOT be for gaming? Having a "game for exercising" doesn't make it any less of a game than a modern shooter.

I took that person's definition of "gaming" as something like an FPS game, or a game like uncharted. Something that doesn't require you to move around a lot. I know that all games are for gaming, but I responded to his definition.
VinceNeille
VinceNeille
139 posts
Shepherd

I have both a Wii and a Xbox 360. I enjoy the Xbox a lot more, simply because of the better graphics. When I went to go and buy the Xbox, I had to choose between the that and Ps3. I chose Xbox mostly because of the reliability of it. I think I've seen & heard of way too many things that often go bad with the Ps3, and it often did. I don't know how the graphics would look on the Ps3, but I'm not sure if I would take the risk...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Search up the graphics on YouTube. You'll see the PS3 graphics are better due to the blu-ray player. Reliability of the Xbox 360? Ha, the PS3 and Wii have a lower failure rate than the Xbox 360. Explain what bad things you've heard happening to the PS3. Not many bad things happen to it. The only thing I can think of is the YLOD, but that doesn't happen often due to the low failure rate.

DaBlackWulf
DaBlackWulf
12 posts
Nomad

lol @ GhostOfMatrix
what about the ps3 getting hacked and psn being down for such a long time? Yea that definately wasn't a bad thing..........

xbox360&gts3>wii

DaBlackWulf
DaBlackWulf
12 posts
Nomad

plus some games have better graphics and gameplay on the xbox due to the fact that coding for the xbox is easier than the ps3

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Exx bawwx Pros/Cons to PS3

Xbox 360 cons

Already reached its capacity with Tri-Core graphics, uses anti-aliasing to make games look better graphically.

No web browser

There are ads on every single pane

USB ports annoying to get to.

VERY block-y cords, looks worse than an N64.

If you lift up your Xbox while it's on, you can scratch your discs.

User interface isn't well organized, some redundancies like, if you want to sign out of the profile you don't want, you have to actively click on the profile you don't want. It's like saying, if you want to delete the file, you have to go and open the file.

It's very cluttered and unclear where things could be.

No free themes
Users can't change the wallpaper

Pay for online (obvious), if you buy DLC from stores, you have no need for 'security' online.

Controllers come with battery packs, and you have to buy the rechargable ones extra.

Too many versions of xbox, xbox arcade, xbox normal, xbox pro, all look the same and there's like 6 different harddrives you can use. You should only need 1 system that does it all.

Failure rate is extraordinary

Everything is themed GREEEEN, if you don't like GREEN, you're outta luck. It's not like sleek silver, it's this neon light annoying green.

Avatar marketplace, goods are extremely expensive.

They don't take DOLLARS, they take xbox live POINTS.

It's like if you don't have a debit card and you want 5 dollars of apps from itunes, you gotta buy the 15 dollar iTunes card.

You always end up with some monetary value that you can't buy anything with.

OS upgrades have no noticeable differences, don't tell you what is different either.

Controller DPad is bad, sticky plastic buttons.

Changing controllers is impossibly hard.

Xbox Pros:
Avatar marketplace, you get an avatar, and you get a picture. You can also easily change your username.

Wider playerbase

Get games and downloadable content earlier than playstation does

Updates are lightning fast

The achievement system is loads better than the trophy system, easier to understand and easier to establish the worth of doing something to an exact number. If you press center right after you get it, you can view what you just got.

More media

Party Chat, microphone chat with your friends playing a completely different game.

Controller is more ergonomically designed

Everything loads extremely quickly

Install games on your harddrive.

Extremely wide variety of accessories that you can use for it. It's customize-friendly.

Good with both vertical and horizontal, little pads on both sides.

Wider selection of games, doesn't mean they're better.. just that there's more.

Wii doesn't count because Wii isn't a game system. (Also, the kinect and PSeye has better games and motion capture.)

Showing 2971-2985 of 5032