The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473725
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

what about the ps3 getting hacked and psn being down for such a long time?

Implying Xbox Live hasn't ever been hacked.
plus some games have better graphics and gameplay on the xbox due to the fact that coding for the xbox is easier than the ps3

Graphics? No, it's been covered several times? Gameplay? It's personal preference, so it isn't better.
Awesomeness4000
Awesomeness4000
8 posts
Nomad

Definetily Xbox360, because it has good graphics, the games come out first on it, and its online system is hard to hack

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

I took that person's definition of "gaming" as something like an FPS game, or a game like uncharted. Something that doesn't require you to move around a lot. I know that all games are for gaming, but I responded to his definition.

Fair enough. But it makes me sad to think some are starting to categorise entire genres and game types as "non-games" just because they don't appeal to them. Not referring to you of course.

You'll see the PS3 graphics are better due to the blu-ray player.

Just to clear this up: The PS3 graphics aren't actually better because of Blu-Ray. That's just a bigger storage medium that allows for more diskspace.

The PS3 hardware being superior is what makes it have better graphics.
adambomb666
adambomb666
9 posts
Peasant

You just CANNOT beat PS3 it's got better graphics and games than Xbox witch also has priced online play and the controller is only good for shooter play and Wii is for people who want to get fit and play sports inside, not gamers so in general PS3 is THE KING of the three.

Awesomeness4000
Awesomeness4000
8 posts
Nomad

You just CANNOT beat PS3 it's got better graphics and games than Xbox witch also has priced online play and the controller is only good for shooter play and Wii is for people who want to get fit and play sports inside, not gamers so in general PS3 is THE KING of the three.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

better graphics and games

Graphics aren't everything. And the games depend on the person. So that isn't a fact.
priced online

I prefer the online gameplay on the Xbox 360 because you have to pay for it, and from my experience with the three, it's better.
controller is only good for shooter play

The controller is good for any kind of game, actually. And I like it more than the other two due to my hands being larger.
Wii is for people who want to get fit and play sports inside

And for people that want to play other games, such as FPS games, etc..
not gamers

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/GriffieF/Emoticons/emot-byodood.gif Please read Kenty's post on the previous page.
Awesomeness4000
Awesomeness4000
8 posts
Nomad

Xbox games come out first

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Xbox games come out first

If that's true, then I guess that means everyone likes them and they are overall better, eh?
^Answer to that question is no.
Firedoom7th
Firedoom7th
1 posts
Nomad

I'll choose the xbox

The PS3 may have better hardware and the Wii can make you get exercise, but out of my experiance the xbox has the better multiplayer community. Sure I have never played the Wii but I will accept that and won't make judgements on it without even knowing its capabilities. But the PS3 I have played and its multiplayer wasn't so appealing to me and I want to have a good time killing. So its the 360 degrees of gaming for me.

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

The PS3 may have better hardware and the Wii can make you get exercise, but out of my experiance the xbox has the better multiplayer community. Sure I have never played the Wii but I will accept that and won't make judgements on it without even knowing its capabilities. But the PS3 I have played and its multiplayer wasn't so appealing to me and I want to have a good time killing. So its the 360 degrees of gaming for me.

And here we go again, typical fanboy stereotype. Its exactly the same. I have both, play both, and theres no difference... not one. Enough with this whole "its different" crap. The only thing thats different is the feeling of each controller, which I can relate to. Somedays I play better on an xbox, some days I play better on a ps3 due exactly to that one reason.

Draco77x
Draco77x
1 posts
Shepherd

If i had to rank them i would put it as...
1.PS3
2.Wii
3.X-Box

PS3- Free internet, Has Blueray, Great Games, and Tons of Memory
WII- Free internet, Mario, Donkey Kong, and Metroid Prime... Enough Said
X-Box- Halo...

BUT the new WII comes out 2013 and that will Kick A**
so it dose not matter because these consoles will become as Obsolite as Atari's

bravehawk204
bravehawk204
349 posts
Nomad

xbox 360 is the best gaming system due to the massive amount of games and the best live system. with the ps3 you don't pay for the online because its terrible and most of the people on it just aren't very good. Now the wii, nuff said its just straight up bad.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

xbox 360 is the best gaming system due to the massive amount of games

Quality > Quantity. And anyway, not everyone likes their games.
the best live system.

In general, it's good. But for everyone, it isn't because they're friends might not have live, so they consider it to be good.
with the ps3 you don't pay for the online because its terrible and most of the people on it just aren't very good.

The online for the PS3 is fine. As for the players not being good, in your experience they may not be good. However, that's not a fact for everybody, so don't state it as such.
Now the wii, nuff said its just straight up bad.

How so? The graphics? If you're going to use that as your argument, then graphics aren't everything. Graphics don't make or break gaming consoles, the actual gameplay does.
mackbrown
mackbrown
1 posts
Farmer

360 and/or xbox. I have a gaming rig PC so I have no use for the BR player. Better game selection for xbox. Wii is good if you have a fat wife or an 8 year old.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

so they don't consider it to be good.

Fixed my mistake.
Wii is good if you have a fat wife or an 8 year old.

You can use the same argument for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Showing 2986-3000 of 5032