The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473700
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Xbox360 hands down. My account has never been hacked Cough Playstation Cough.
Not one complaint was filed about stolen Credit Card info after PSN was hacked, Microsoft goes through about 180,000 complaints a year. Get you facts straight fanboy.
Slendertroll
Slendertroll
4 posts
Blacksmith

I dont buy PS3 for the movies, Wii sucks. so xbox, and personally i just like halo

kijochi
kijochi
3 posts
Nomad

for solo-play: ps3
for party-play: wii (mario kart) ^^

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Actually, yes it does.

Like? All it's used for is hype and advertising. Not being GOTY doesn't mean something can't be amazing.

Maybe, but the ratings support me. Noticing that little games for the Wii got praising from game critics.

And what does that have to do with what I was talking about? At all?

You said the only memorable game is Mario Galaxy and now you say other games got praise too? Riiiiight.

Not to mention taking game review scores seriously is silly anyways.

Now if you just want a fun time, without going into a real game, then the Wii might be better.

Sure they are

:S

Not the type of games you would stay for hours, playing alone, going through levels and leveling up your own character. At-least for the more popular Wii games.

Mario Kart, Smash Bros, New Super Mario Bros,Resident Evil 4, Twilight Princess and about a million others. That simply isn't true.
ug5151
ug5151
587 posts
Nomad

Okay, people are gonna disagree on this here.

The PS3 network was hacked. However, the xbox 360 was not. The wii was never hacked either. Sure, the PS3 live is free, but that means more hackers, and less gameplay. The Wii is fine, but the controls are too confusing, even with the instructions. The Wii remotes (and nunchucks) can be easily lost to. The Xbox 360 is just great. Better sound quality, Kinect (which hundreds of you were to lazy to use) and you just tap the eject or power button. Magic!

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Like? All it's used for is hype and advertising. Not being GOTY doesn't mean something can't be amazing.

True, but unless you are a conspiracy lunatic, you would know that if a game was rated by like 13 different game critic corporation as being a good game, then it's probably a good game. And when a game is rated bad, then it's probably a bad game.

Mario Kart, Smash Bros, New Super Mario Bros,Resident Evil 4, Twilight Princess and about a million others. That simply isn't true.

Gj. As example you gave me 3 mario games, one violent game that does not reflect the Wii as Resident Evil games are usually made for other consols and a zelda game which was with Nitendo even before the Wii so it's not really a Wii exclusive. And I never said there was only bad games on the Wii.

:S

If you do not understand what i meant, then don't bother anymore.

And what does that have to do with what I was talking about? At all?

Saying that although it's opinion, I base it on technical aspects of games, and so do critics.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

True, but unless you are a conspiracy lunatic, you would know that if a game was rated by like 13 different game critic corporation as being a good game, then it's probably a good game. And when a game is rated bad, then it's probably a bad game.

A game being good is not determined by how high a supposed "critic" ranks it, but itstead by how much fun I'll have while playing it and no imaginary number can accurately describe that.Nor can it accurately describe how someone else will like the game. That only works if said person does a bit of research and looks up gameplay footage or something. The rating system is flawed for a lot of reasons.

- It tries to grade various aspects of games according to some sort of "objective" scale

- It puts the opinion of a "critic" (which is all it is really) above the opinion of the average consumer

- It's horribly unbalanced. Most new games get a 7 or an 8 at the very least. And besides, is a 83 point game better than an 82? Why? Just a random review score gives no insight.

And just to leave two presents: this and that.

Gj. As example you gave me 3 mario games, one violent game that does not reflect the Wii as Resident Evil games are usually made for other consols and a zelda game which was with Nitendo even before the Wii so it's not really a Wii exclusive. And I never said there was only bad games on the Wii.

The point wasn't Wii Exclusives or if the Wii has good games.

The point was proving that the Wii has plenty of games that can be played for hours AND alone. So Gj to you for missing the point.

As example you gave me 3 mario games,

Smash Brothers isn't even a Mario game to begin with.

one violent game that does not reflect the Wii as Resident Evil games are usually made for other consols

Which is exactly why I chose it. A game one could play for a few hours and even alone too. What a shock.

and a zelda game which was with Nitendo even before the Wii so it's not really a Wii exclusive

So? It's quite a lenghty game, which once again, you can spend several hours on.

But just to add to the list a little to further prove my point:

Arc Rise Fantasia
Castlevania Judgment
Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth
Contra ReBirth
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Epic Mickey
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Klonoa (video game)
The Last Story
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid Prime: Trilogy
Metroid: Other M
Monster Hunter Tri
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Red Steel
Red Steel 2
Punch-Out!!
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor
Sonic and the Black Knight
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Trauma Center: New Blood
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Trauma Team
Xenoblade Chronicles
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

If you do not understand what i meant, then don't bother anymore.

Scary. I sure got it. Doesn't make it not a contradiction though.

Saying that although it's opinion, I base it on technical aspects of games, and so do critics.

Technical aspects mean precisely nothing. I'm fairly sure, if any "critic" would have reviewed Minecraft last year, they would've pointed out it's lack of story and goals (not to mention the graphics) as a negative and lowered the supposed objective score because of it.

A game could have the best technical aspects and still bore you to sleep. Reviewers never take this into proper consideration though.
strategyfox
strategyfox
11 posts
Nomad

if you have a party wii is the best.

if you want to play online xbox is the best.

if you like 3rd person shooters playstation is the best.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

The PS3 network was hacked. However, the xbox 360 was not.

The PS3 network was hacked and all of it was done. Xbox live gets hacked daily by people, but not all of it goes down. Using this hacking stuff in your argument is invalid.
PS3 live is free, but that means more hackers, and less gameplay.

No it doesn't.
the controls are too confusing, even with the instructions.

No they're not. If you're speaking for yourself, okay, but don't speak for everyone.
The Wii remotes (and nunchucks) can be easily lost to.

No they can't. Read above reason.
Better sound quality

Depends on the television and if you're using the HDMI cables.
Kinect (which hundreds of you were to lazy to use)

It isn't about laziness, it's about quality of the product. And the Kinect isn't a quality product, from my perspective and many others. It disconnects often, doesn't get my movements right, and the games don't appeal to me.
the eject or power button.

Uh, okay? There's an eject and power button on the other two consoles as well.
if you have a party wii is the best.

if you want to play online xbox is the best.

if you like 3rd person shooters playstation is the best.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_REkgXByDyuU/S6oedAOQteI/AAAAAAAAGlI/KwD2f-zC9eU/s1600/impliedfacepalm-ba.jpg
dank40
dank40
109 posts
Nomad

I really don't wanna get into this. All the systems are great. I just prefer Xbox 360 over all of them

calemango
calemango
82 posts
Nomad

Well, in my household we have an xbox360 and a Wii, but I long for any Playstation gaming such as, the PSP 2- sadly its coming out in December. But 2 the point, It really depends what games u play. For example, on the Wii I have 2 play games with my younger brother so there's like only Mario games, but 4 xbox 360 I have CoD and other games of MY choice so the gameplay is more enjoyable.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

3) Easy to Control
4) Easy to understand

I don't see how the other two are difficult to understand.
1 year of multiplayer is about $50, for 2 years, that would be $100. For 5 years that's $250. Almost what the console would be worth on resale.

You're paying for a good online experience.
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

You're paying for a good online experience.
The thing is, its not that great. What you're doing when you pay for Live is giving Microsoft money to buy exclusive content(cheap attempt for more Live customers) from developers.
boshow
boshow
172 posts
Nomad

def PS3...

ive had 1 for a year and mine has done nothing wrong. But also the PS3 is only a bit different from the XBox so i dont know

jesseses
jesseses
21 posts
Nomad

uum i vote for the ps3 because wii had the move thing first but the graphics are pretty bad if you compare them with a xbox 360 or ps3 for the xbox360 is it the controller but that's probley because i'm used to the ps3 controller

Showing 3016-3030 of 5032