The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473800
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
RainbowofDeth
RainbowofDeth
6 posts
Nomad

The Xbox360 for starters just looks like it was made for children under 5. It has games that looks like they were made for children under 5. And the online is pretty much dominated by children under 5. All in all, the Xbox360 is a console for people that are under 5.

The Wii is pretty cool because it's all mainly hands on stuff like bowling and what not. But still again, it looks like a console for kids maybe up to the age of 8. Much better then the Xbox360 though.

The Playstation3 is by far the winner! It looks like a console that someone has actually gone "yeah, we might take gaming seriously" rather then made it look like a 5 year old's bedroom. The controllers are made the right way, even though it houses the most buttons. It's still the easiest to use! Then the games are excellent, and if you manage to have a decent television, then you'll probably jizz! And then there's the online... IT'S FREE TO USE! But all in all, the PS3 dominates all!

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

The Xbox360 for starters just looks like it was made for children under 5. It has games that looks like they were made for children under 5. And the online is pretty much dominated by children under 5. All in all, the Xbox360 is a console for people that are under 5.

Oh yea, Dead Space 2, the best kid-friendly game ever. World at War, now hitting daycares everywhere. Mafia II, my 4 year old cousins birthday present!

-.-
Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

^ Agreed. At my daycare, I have a 42 inch LCD with my Xbox loaded with Gears Of War, Battlefield, Halo, and Call Of Duty. The games even say they're made for children under five on them! Anyways Rainbow, I think you haven't really played online much on the Xbox, because I use the online all the time and most of the games don't have little kids using the mics. It must just have been the game you played in.

iiMush
iiMush
13 posts
Peasant

Xbox. Doesn't it just make more sense that xbox online players are more seriouse, 'cause they actually payed for it? PS3 online is for everyone. I think the little kids you're all talking about are more on PS3.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I don't see a difference in maturity levels while playing online, it's pretty much the same for me. But I would expect children with an Xbox 360 whining to their parents for them to buy Xbox Live or the parents spoiling their children with it, so it doesn't make much of a difference if you have to pay five dollars for it.

mjoa
mjoa
1 posts
Nomad

wii by far(although xbox has best versions of cod and its got Halo)

Arjan
Arjan
41 posts
Nomad

Obviously the xbox, I mean: HALO. Who doesn't likes halo? On the other hand, I think the ps3 and xbox are pretty even, the Wii should never been made. The reason why I pick xbox above ps3 is because of halo and kinecr being far more superior than move

souljabri557
souljabri557
14 posts
Nomad

Xbox360

Yeah, the Wii is great too, but its age group, games, etc are all very different so I will leave my rating out. The PS3 is a piece of crap. Its online is less reliable that the 360's, the online is always down, it is less taken care of and takes less care of the player community, and is made by a T.V company, not a company that is actually experienced with computers XD

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Xbox. Doesn't it just make more sense that xbox online players are more seriouse, 'cause they actually payed for it? PS3 online is for everyone. I think the little kids you're all talking about are more on PS3.

Their parents have money ya know....

Yeah, the Wii is great too, but its age group, games, etc are all very different so I will leave my rating out. The PS3 is a piece of crap. Its online is less reliable that the 360's, the online is always down, it is less taken care of and takes less care of the player community, and is made by a T.V company, not a company that is actually experienced with computers XD

Yoda, you can tackle this one.
AcidicAce
AcidicAce
30 posts
Shepherd

My official vote for the 360. Me being a junior in high school, Wii isn't appealing at all.

Having not owned a PS3 I've had to base my information off what I've been told, which honestly isn't always reliable. I bought my Xbox in 8th grade (roughly 2 years ago) because it was cheaper than the PS3. Then finding out my friends owned Xbox's made it even sweeter owning one.

Taking games into consideration, I have only one comment, Halo. Until I have a steady flow of income, I wouldn't buy a PS3 just for the exclusives when I already own the 360. Halo is my go to game, nuff said.

It seems this is all based on my situation. Had PS3 matched the price of the 360 or was cheaper, and more of my friends owned them, I may be arguing for their side. But that brings up the last point that I'm makes me proud to be a 360 owner.

Paying for live. Sure it's about 60 bucks a year, but it's sure worth it. I've heard there is no equivalent to our party chat, which seems preposterous. Not to mention our dashboard, which again I hear trumps the PS3. And that silly little juncture of PSN being hacked, which probably isn't related to what I pay for online service, but just goes to show XBOX OWNS.

That is all.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I think if u replace Wii with Pc we would had a winner.

just because you pay twice a month/year for multiplayer and just once a month/year because of the Live gold thing which is mentioned in most of the posts.
And the Xbox is to slow, you need to load everything in the whole dashboard, Avatar editor, Zune that other things which I forgot. And I know the Xbox is the 1st one to have map packs and some games and they have Halo but Halo is not as good as it is used to be.

The ps3 is just as bad as the Xbox. The dashboard is weird, the community is different in a bad way, and the best exclusive is Uncharted which only is great if u love that kind of games. And I don't know if it is our Ps3 but does the updating go very very slow on everyone's ps3 or is it just ours, because if I see it is updating I know I have to wait at least 20 min.

Wii, overall I think it is under rated by most people here. It just is the thing, it is a nice console, if u aren't on ur own. And I dunno who said it but the Wii has far more exclusives then Xbox and Playstation together.

But still a pc is better (if u have the money).

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

But still a pc is better (if u have the money).

So as it turns out, the name of this thread is "XBox360 vs. Wii vs. Playstation 3". Now this may not be obvious, but PC isn't one of the options to choose from.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Because taking ten minutes to update your console is really bad. And there are many more highly rated exclusives aside from those, so no, they're not the best.

Yes, let's talk about the PC in a thread about consoles. I suppose we should include newspapers, comics, and books, too?

And my Xbox 360 and PS3 don't take long to update, usually about five-ten minutes. I just do something else in that time. It's not like I'm really impatient and can't do something else for that time period.

chubz101
chubz101
78 posts
Nomad

PS3 is beast !!!!!!!!
i like ps3 cuz the online is beast cuz its forever and free... x-box isnt bad but u pay more money for live..
GO PS3
ps Mr_rainbowpants is my name

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

The dashboard is weird, the community is different in a bad way, and the best exclusive is Uncharted which only is great if u love that kind of game

Dashboard: just get used to it. And Uncharted is a shooting game with action, most people are into that.
Showing 3646-3660 of 5032