The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473857
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I didn't say nor did I imply sale rates make a console superior.

Yeah, so I have to buy a separate controller that didn't come with my console that includes a play and charge kit just so I don't have to waste money on batteries, instead of having a controller with a rechargeable battery and came with a charger. I understand that getting it will be good since you won't have to continuously buy batteries, but Microsoft should think about including that when you purchase the console.

Marcel_the_Shell
Marcel_the_Shell
1 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360.

I can't control Wii's and Xbox just has a better look to it than a Playstation 3. Xbox also came out with Kinect, which, in my opinion, is better than the Wii remote.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Just because a system sells more units doesn't mean it's superior, it just means that more people own them

It does, albeit in a roundabout way. Remember, what do higher sales numbers indicate? It's certainly not the reason WHY, but it does show that it IS the higher-value product.

(and not necessarily all who own them use or enjoy them).

Who the heck spends several hundreds *insert currency here* without making sure you'll enjoy it (for instance by looking at games you'd want)?
JAMEZZS
JAMEZZS
50 posts
Nomad

Wii is terrible. U gotta use ur body and who can be bothered with that? Likewise I do not like the Kinect or the other one. Wii is terrible, terrible games, terrible graphics no frickinn storyline, nothin. XBox 360 and PS3 without the motion sensitives are best. Call of Duty, Halo, Mortal Kombat, Duke Nukem Forever etc. Best games. Best graphics. Gotta love em both equally.

This is an opinion and is not to be taken seriously or as fact. The opinion is subjective and does not reflect on accurate fact. Others opinions may be different and this is due to point of view. U r entitled to POV. It may be different to miune. But this is my opinion

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Wii is terrible. U gotta use ur body and who can be bothered with that?

Obviously people who like to exercise... It's also family/friend-friendly, so that's fun if you're into that.
Wii is terrible, terrible games, terrible graphics no frickinn storyline, nothin.

Funny thing about this is that it makes you look like all you care about games is graphics. And there are many games on the Wii that are available for the other systems, and those obviously have storylines, but if you're arguing about the exclusives, they still do have storylines.
This is an opinion and is not to be taken seriously or as fact. The opinion is subjective and does not reflect on accurate fact. Others opinions may be different and this is due to point of view. U r entitled to POV. It may be different to miune. But this is my opinion

Yes, but what you stated "no frickinn storyline" is obviously wrong.
the playstation is expensive.

With the recent price drop of it and what you have to buy for the Xbox 360 if you want full enjoyment (live, batteries/new controller/play & charge kit) they are about equal.
Hylst
Hylst
10 posts
Nomad

I must say I prefer the 360 over the Wii and PS3. I've had all three systems but still prefer the Xbox.

freerunnerz
freerunnerz
12 posts
Peasant

I have all the systems and wii is the best for family, PS3 is best for a movie and game console, and XBOX is the best for shooters and competitive gaming.

Lazurial
Lazurial
224 posts
Jester

I've seen all three systems in action, and the Wii really isn't a system for the same purpose, so I can't compare it directly.
I understand that Xbox has a huge following and gets some better support, but PlayStation is free, and the system itself tends to run better graphics, with servers that are better than Xbox users will give it credit for.
As far as the month and a half of down time because of a hacking, think back to the cumulative time you might have spent between Xbox systems due to a red ring?
Therefore, my vote goes to the PS3.

baris4500
baris4500
23 posts
Nomad

well i have wii and i play ps3 and xbox a lot, i think the best one is ps3, graphics, games...

natec10025
natec10025
11 posts
Nomad

ps3 all the way i mean you get live for free but what they need to do is let 360 and psn accounts play together in games both cosols have like gta cod ect. its asham that sony and xbox dont come together

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I have all the systems and wii is the best for family, PS3 is best for a movie and game console, and XBOX is the best for shooters and competitive gaming.

This is basically my opinion of them all summed up. If I ever want to have some fun with family/friends then I'll go play some Wii games (especially if I'm playing with younger family members, since they aren't old enough to play teen/mature games), I enjoy the PS3 for movies since it has blu-ray and most games, Xbox 360 because the controller is best for FPS games, so having them all is a win if you want to enjoy everything about them.
PC

Here's the thread title: Xbox 360 vs. Wii vs. Playstation 3
I suppose you couldn't read that.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Then again, those HD consoles are essentially dumbed down gaming PCs

ShuffleBOttttt
ShuffleBOttttt
2 posts
Nomad

the wii sucks so much but thats wat i have till i get ny xbox!!!
so my vote is for the Xbox all the way

Lendek
Lendek
45 posts
Nomad

xBox 360 : cheap and interactive (kinect)
PlayStation 3 : expensive but can read blueray (better graphicis)
Wii : little expensive but you can simulate sports with the controls

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

xBox 360 : cheap
Wii : little expensive

http://mrbadak.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/disapproval.jpg
Showing 3736-3750 of 5032