ForumsArt, Music, and WritingHaiku Contest - Broken Bond (page 531, due: Feb 2)

5299 3072268
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Haiku is a Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

Well, that said, heres the rules:

1) The Haiku must be original (no plagarizing)!
2) It must fit the weeks theme
3) It must be submitted before the deadline
4) It must be submitted for the contest (no using works previously written)
5) One Submission per user
6) The Same User cannot win twice in a row (but there welcome to submit!)

Hopefully oneday the winner could get a merit...

The Deadline will always be a Wednsday, so the deadline for the first theme will be Wednsday, September 2. The theme is The Pond

(special thanks to 'thisisnotanalt'

• 5,299 Replies
jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

uhm.... dante, you need to do five SYLABLES 7 SYLABLES and then 5 SYLABLES again. you did 5 words, 7 words, and five words again

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

7 words

Actually these are even 8 words (I'm = I am). And dante's haiku sounds as if it doesn't really want to be judged, apart from not fitting the theme.
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Good luck to the other contestants, this probably won't count because I'm late, but anyways.

Rhythm in your heart,
Beating so consistently,
Until, you're dead.

jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

shucks, tis late and im sorry

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I know it's late, but I felt like doing one anyways, I wouldn't have won anyways.

Pedro97
Pedro97
1,868 posts
Jester

This is a kind of late for more entries and the judgement is late as well. I want to make more Haiku for next theme.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

life is great. :P

....i beg to differ...
Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

Actually these are even 8 words (I'm = I am). And dante's haiku sounds as if it doesn't really want to be judged, apart from not fitting the theme.

.... a contraction is, as i believe 1 word.... 2 together forming 1.....
jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

haha i was right!!! and im sorry endscape. sad?

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

hahahahaha i started conflict! life is great. :P

I'd go for ''complete ramblings'' over conflict; in fact I really don't care.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

From my understanding, as long as an entry is submitted before the judging, that entry is considered valid.

Ray and I submitted haikus before the judging and it wasn't counted.
The judge was late. . so why not count ours?

If you count howlett's then that is unfair because ours didn't count.
jacksonghuntington
jacksonghuntington
347 posts
Nomad

well put sky! well put. i disagree completely!

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Theme -- Heart (page 284)
Entries Closed -- 2/17/11
Judging Begins -- 2/18/11

The day of the judging and the day the contest closed is not the same, I'm afraid, so one being late doesn't mean the other is, if we're going to be picky about the rules. Personally, I don't mind if late entries are counted, though, and I wont complain if the judge makes an exception for you.
howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I'd rather if the judge didn't make an exception for me, I know if I was judging I wouldn't accept somebody in this situation.

Anyways, if he chooses to accept me or not, I won't win, so realistically it doesn't matter.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Hey guys I'm back! Now I know I said Sunday, but err....her university observes Presidents' Day, while mine didn't, so she stayed an extra day. Again, my apologies, making you guys sit on the edge of your seat, biting your fingernails clean off in utter suspense for three days...

Now judging will commence shortly, but before I do...

From my understanding, as long as an entry is submitted before the judging, that entry is considered valid. Now, I know the OP doesn't say that, but the rules have changed over time(for instance, when was the last time the deadline was on a Wednesday?). Anyway, I know I've seen judges say before that they'll judge any entry submitted before the judging itself is posted. So, your entry should count, howlett.

A deadline is a deadline. Now I know that makes me look like a big hypocrite, seeing as how I presented a deadline and didn't even show up for it (especially a deadline made specifically for me!), but deadlines are made primarily for those entering. If one were to judge without a deadline, 1) there could be others casting an entry while (s)he's on a still page, 2) one theme could technically go on forever if said judge didn't show up, like me, and 3) so there can, obviously, be more themes to circulate. So, for those that submitted haikus after the deadline, I'm sorry, but I cannot take those.

And why, for all that is poetic, do you guys have to bump the contest? I wasn't going on another Alaskan, 8-person, small RV cross-country-touring vacation or anything >_>
Showing 2791-2805 of 5299