20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Anyone care to share some tips?

• 80 Replies
marco768
marco768
2 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the typo, replace "being" with "before" in the above post please.

PS.Is there a way to edit a post? I couldn't edit the typo out.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Unfortunately there is no edit function.
That's a pretty sweet mega mega tower.

novanight542
novanight542
6 posts
Nomad

Meh, I accidentally left autoclick on too long and I got overrun with 2000 waves during waves 5000-7000...
50bil score...

Variecs
Variecs
75 posts
Nomad

found a great mix for mega-tower: splash sniper damageboost reloadboost. Is effective to any enemies except the ghosts, but you need a support of slowers and weakers compiled with rangeboost.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3369/buildbubtanks.png

Variecs
Variecs
75 posts
Nomad

And yeah, i've beaten fixed level with loosing 0 lives within a this build

armored_knight
armored_knight
11 posts
Nomad

Idk if this is good but try it snipers on the middle with 2 damage towers snipers are made of towers then upgrade to tower 2 then 3 then sniper,
make 5 6 then beggining make 5 splash towers (this is for harder levels) and try doing the labyrinth strategy cuz its the only way it works After 5 or 6 snipers 5 splashes do w/e u like i suggest after that making machine guns that will own

Variecs
Variecs
75 posts
Nomad

there's a trouble called splitters. They won't give you survive with only sniper towers.

bullmetal
bullmetal
169 posts
Peasant

i make a maze thing that gets me by a lot

Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

Quick tips:

-Use fire rate boosters until you reach the max reload rate (1 for turrets, 10 for area bursts), as fire rate increases damage by 100% while damage increases damage by 50%.

-Do use the juggling technique, makes your tower infinitely long against those tough bosses. Just watch out for ghosts.

-Only make one slow burst tower, put it in the middle, and slap two range boosters on it, and it's got the whole map covered.

-Megas in the middle for a juggling maze is very useful, especially megas with area bursts.

And some quick questions:

-How are megas affected by boosters? IE, if I make a mega with 1 turret and 3 boosters, does the mega itself benefit from the booster, or only the surrounding towers?

-If you all could mention the mega combos you use, that'd be nice.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

@Eddy

Those are some pretty nice tips I think I'll try them out later..

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

-How are megas affected by boosters? IE, if I make a mega with 1 turret and 3 boosters, does the mega itself benefit from the booster, or only the surrounding towers?

Those boost towers don't effect the mega tower internally, but they do effect that one tower. Go back a few pages to where I quoted someone called Shwart!! He explains it fairly well.
Eddy01741
Eddy01741
341 posts
Peasant

That's what I was afraid would be true, but it works out fine for megas, since every tower is touching every other tower, so each boost will be touching the attacking tower(s).

Anyways, nice megas i've found so far:

-Sniper, Splash, Fire Ratex2: I am 95% sure that this has the highest single target DPS in the game (494 damage, map-wide range, 2 reload) for a mega. Even the sniper+fireratex3 cannot stand up to this (that is 234 damage IIRC, map-wide range, 1 reload) in single target DPS. Not to mention the splash is an added bonus. This is probably the best attacking mega in the game.

-Weaken, Slow, Rangex2: This mega placed in the middle of the map will cripple every enemy on the map, as it has max range, max reload (for a burst), and both weakens and slows. You only need one of these to cover the entire map, but it makes quite a difference.

Those are my two most used combos so far, you guys should check them out.

Anyhow, I'll have to investigate how boosts are working with mega megas. I'll put up some results tomorrow.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Alright, thanks for the tips, all =D

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Those boost towers don't effect the mega tower internally, but they do effect that one tower. Go back a few pages to where I quoted someone called Shwart!! He explains it fairly well.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Wait, does it cost bubbles to morph into mega now?
I clicked the M and the bubble count flashed red.

NoName, you already posted that...

Showing 46-60 of 80