The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDiet Coke

172 27249
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

So, I'm in a house... with nothing but diet coke. I just had a pizza and recently opened one of these diet cokes because you just can't eat pizza without a nice refreshing soda, right? I personally hate the taste of diet coke a lot. Now I have half a Diet Coke can sitting next to me, half full, and I feel like my stomach is going to explode. Maybe I should have had a nice cup of tea instead...

Does anyone else hate diet soda? Is there anybody here who can tolerate it, or (God forbid) love the taste of diet soda? Would you drink diet soda if it was the only thing in the house, or regular soda if diet is your preference? I want opinions!

• 172 Replies
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

This should get its own section in the forums.

PossibleInstability
PossibleInstability
975 posts
Nomad

Oh man, I totally hate it when that happens. I'll be at someone's house and they're like "Hey, do you want a pop?" and I'm all "S*it yeah, why would I not want a pop? Hit me up" so then they're like okay, here you go and they pull out diet pops and I'm all "Oh God, shoot me now" but I don't say that cause it's rude and I'm not rude so I drink the pop and it's like making me gag so every time I have a sip I hid the flavour by taking a huge bite of food but then I run out of food so I get more so I eat way to much food cause I don't want them to think their pop is total a*s so now I look like a fatty cause I ate like 10x the food they did so now were all done and they leave their pop on the table and I'm like "Yo, don't you want your pop?" and they're all "Naw, I hate the taste of diet pop" and I'm go

http://file046b.bebo.com/1/large/2009/03/12/07/9092206a10323811342l.jpg

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Coke Zero is diet right? That stuff is ok with me because the taste isn't that far off.

And as far as regular diet coke goes, as long as it is in the can and super cold I can drink it. The trick is to take long swigs of it...I try the same with beer, but I just can't override the beer flavor...

midget2
midget2
576 posts
Nomad

Coke Zero is diet right? That stuff is ok with me because the taste isn't that far off.

o my god... how? COKE ZERO IS CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! I would rather have a stupid copy0cat pepsi than that stuff... ugh. my rating on cokes is as follows (coke and pepsi only)

1.Diet coca-cola, yes no name i love it. and it doesn't burn me to death either
2.Classic Coca-Cola, this does brun me poor tummy
3.Pepsi (normal) this one is EVEN MORE BURNY! }:O
4.Coke Zero *shiver*

ANd i also most disagree with this:

as long as it is in the can and super cold I can drink it.

If anything is in a can, it's 90% worse than it should be. if it's in a glass thingy it's 50% better than it should be. Glass>can If it's cold though then it's amazing.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I hate Diet Coke. I wouldn't touch it even if it was the last soda in the house.

My dad use to call it carbonated gasoline.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

I think diet coke doesn't taste that much different than regular, but that's just me.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Geeeeez, sounds like my relatives houses. My realtives are all......slightly.....well, there basically fat a*ses. So they think buying diet soda will help them loss weight. Its awfull

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

my parrents only buy diet but every once in a while at some of my friends houses ill have that real coke and itll be heaven. im not even hearing what they have to say im just thinking about the real soda.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Coke Zero is even worse, personally I don't think Diet Coke is any more healthier then the original, and it tastes a whole lot crummier.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

personally I don't think Diet Coke is any more healthier then the original

Actually diet is worse for you because you fooling your body into thinking it's getting more sugar when it's not.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Actually diet is worse for you because you fooling your body into thinking it's getting more sugar when it's not.

That's what I meant, it's worse.
Chemicals...
Crab65
Crab65
327 posts
Nomad

The reason why diet drinks help you lose weight is because they don't have sugar in them. The sugar is what makes you thirsty, and since diet sodas still taste a bit like the original, they last 10x as long. You won't drink it as quickly because there is no sugar in it to make you keep drinking it.

That's why people drink diet sodas. I'm sure everyone here knew that, though.

justgotpwned
justgotpwned
1,166 posts
Peasant

diet coke is great way better than regular.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Yeah I agree I can instantly tell when I have just drunk anything with aspartame in it. I get this nasty sweet after taste in my mouth that stays there for way to long.

The reason why diet drinks help you lose weight is because they don't have sugar in them. The sugar is what makes you thirsty, and since diet sodas still taste a bit like the original, they last 10x as long. You won't drink it as quickly because there is no sugar in it to make you keep drinking it.

No they don't taste like the original. The reason why you are able to drink so much sugar is because you drink it cold. If you have it cold you don't taste that much of the sugar in the pop. Try drinking it warm you will notice it's much sweeter.

It contains a substance called aspartame, an ingredient in ANTIFREEZE, to help make it taste better.

I don't think divulge the information I am about to say is smart but. Antifreeze is supposed to taste really good but deadly. Go wiki it.

diet coke is great way better than regular.

But I don't really like coke anyway because makes my teeth feel weird, like it soften them.

Tea with honey ftw.
Most incomplete and supported sentence I have seen today.
Holden012
Holden012
1,989 posts
Nomad

Diet Coke eh?? YUCK!! I like Vanilla Coke Or Coke Zero Better! I wouldn't have gone for the Diet Coke . I would have had a look around for something else ... If i didn't find anything else i would of just drank water... but on the other hand if i found some Ice Tea or Iced Coffee i would grab that! Or some Warm tea depends on the weather and whether i would feel like warm tea or iced tea..

Showing 1-15 of 172