The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDiet Coke

172 27256
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

So, I'm in a house... with nothing but diet coke. I just had a pizza and recently opened one of these diet cokes because you just can't eat pizza without a nice refreshing soda, right? I personally hate the taste of diet coke a lot. Now I have half a Diet Coke can sitting next to me, half full, and I feel like my stomach is going to explode. Maybe I should have had a nice cup of tea instead...

Does anyone else hate diet soda? Is there anybody here who can tolerate it, or (God forbid) love the taste of diet soda? Would you drink diet soda if it was the only thing in the house, or regular soda if diet is your preference? I want opinions!

• 172 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I love Coke Zero!

Which is like worse then Diet Coke itself, I think xD
Crab65
Crab65
327 posts
Nomad

Lol when I first tried Coke Zero, I didn't know that it was diet, so you can imagine how disappointed I was when I took the first sip. XD

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,026 posts
Nomad

Has anyone looked at the ingredients of Diet and Zero yet?
They're the same.

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

Coke Zero Ingredients

Carbonated water

Colour (150d) - aka "Sulphite Ammonia Caramel"

Food acid 338 - aka "Phosphoric Acid"

Food acid 331 - aka "Sodium Citrates"

Flavor

Sweetener 951 - aka "Asapartame" (According to the US FDA, "the [National Cancer Institute] currently is studying aspartame and other dietary factors as part of a larger study of adult brain cancer."

Sweetener 950 - aka "Acesulfame Potassium"

Preservative 211 - aka "Sodium Benzoate"

and now diet coke

Diet Coke Ingredients

Carbonated water

Flavor

Color

Food Acids 338

Sweeteners 951

Preservative 211

Caffeine

Sweeteners 950

Food Acids 330 This is the only difference between the 2 there is 330 in this coke and 331 in the other unfortunately i don't know what it is so..yeah

leo99rules
leo99rules
2,765 posts
Nomad

wait actually Food acids 330 is citric acid ...so yeah but then again when has Wikipedia ever been truthful ?

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,026 posts
Nomad

Well, I hope for your health that you're not drinking phosphoric acid.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Doesn't diet coke have only one calorie and coke zero doesn't have any?

Shenko
Shenko
1,059 posts
Treasurer

oh man i remember the good old days
throwback coke(Coke with natural sugar instead of corn syrup)
it was really really good

manny6574
manny6574
922 posts
Nomad

I haven't drank diet coke ever(yay) so I cant really say, but I want to know what it's like. But my supermarket's cheapest coke(£0.17) per 2 litres tastes like p***

melimouse
melimouse
110 posts
Shepherd

I'm not a big fan of soda in general, it's always hurt my throat when I drink it. I have had both though and diet soda is always a million times sweeter than regular soda and it leaves a weirder aftertaste. That being said I think people can get used to most things over time so if you for some reason HAD to drink diet, you would probably get used to it over time...so long as you don't drink regular too, then you'd probably have to start all over again. I don't think soda is essential to my life, so I'll just stick with my water, juice, soy milk (I'm lactose intolerant) and tea! Also, caffeine makes me sick, so if I did drink a coke, it would have to be caffeine free.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I personally never liked any diet soda drinks they all taste nasty and make my stomach hurt and throat hurt a lot, but normal soda is OK sometimes but my favorite kinds of soda has to be mountain dew and coca cola.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Coke is never caffeine free. Not that I know of.

I heard that Diet Coke is less healthier than regular Coke. I prefer the original one myself instead of Diet. Diet Coke leaves that weird aftertaste and it isn't as filling as regular Coke.

But I like 7up the best. Or Mountain Dew. Whichever.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I think that diet coke is just watered down coca cola.. that's how it taste in my opinion.

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

Im fine with the taste. I cant tell much of a difference between diet and regular. Im weird like that. :/

Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

i hate diet stuff the only diet drinks ill drink is diet dr pepper and diet mountain dew

Showing 61-75 of 172