ForumsSupport ForumModerators

206 27251
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I am not here to argue because that would imply that am doing anything less than stating facts. And I just wrote this all before and it all god deleted because I backed up the web page and AG is the only poorly enough coded site that it doesn't auto keep my text on so I am keeping this way shorter than the last.

The problem with mods these days is that they are poorly picked, because we have a shortage of mods and instead of waiting for the right people to show up the wrong people get picked. This doesn't work. You should have a quota of mods, that makes no sense on a site that has to wait for mod-worthy people to come, you can't do that. If at one point you have 5 qualified mods, then that sucks for them, lots of more work, but if there is 15 why then not take them all instead of saying sorry we full.

But the latter isn't the issue, it is the former. An issue is that the distinction between a great user and a moderator doesn't exist. It actually does, me. I am a quality user that is not a mod, but many other mods just like me who fit in same category shouldn't be there, and I won't mention names, but everyone knows who I am talking about clearly, even the mod themselves, because even they realize they shouldn't be mods. Yes you, you all know who you are. These people are great users with great content and you've turned them into mods which has not only made them worse, but you ruining the community as well.

Anyone who is awesome you've swept from the AG community and turned into a moderator who shouldn't be there because they are power tripping and think anyone who criticizes them should be banned, and instead of letting kids deal with their problems just instantly ban half the populous. Most of the best community from the past, all the old users, have left. When I talk to them on MSN about why they left, almost every single one left because of the poorly manages mods, who were either nonexistent when needed or took action where they should have stopped nosing around.

These mods, who instead of spending their time posting fun threads and letting users do what they want, they ruin users fun because it's not constructive to the site. Take a step back, who are these rules meant to be helping? Oh right the majority of users. What happens when the same majority of users want to do something like make a spam thread or do something fun? They get banned. That doesn't make sense, this isn't US congress, laws aren't irreversible or inflexible. But instead of being normal people and letting small things slide, they act uptight(even though they were the exact opposite when normal members) and power trip and ban all the good users. Almost no one from the past is here on AG anymore and for a good reason.

The mods are suppose to be here to facilitate fun and help the community progress and all they do nowadays is deter that. You seem to forget that just like police you are here to serve and protect us, not harp over us and ruin your own community.

Also, once a mod is chosen I have never seen a single one be fired(except maybe 1). You guys are way to passive. There is no way on earth that every single one of the mods ever chosen have all been perfect. The same thing in a company, people hire others, realize it was a mistake and fire them. Not let them go AFK and sit there being useless or being a bad mod ruining the community and wait until they resign. You need to grow a pair, grow up, and take lead and fire other mods, stop being so passive towards each other you are just ruining armorgames.

Now I know this thread will just be ignored or locked by the mods. Because the one thing I always realize with you guys, is that you have lots of criticism for everyone else, but when ever so clear problems with you guys come up, you ignore it or delete and/or ban users who were completely in their right. I have tried for countless years to have anything done and nothing ever does because everyone is too scared to speak out and stop being useless.

The mods list right now is in terrible shape, stop ignoring me, stop telling me I am wrong with no reason and just banning me. Instead, try doing something, stop being little whimps and actually do something for a change, maybe you will finally make a right decision and stop ruining the community you are suppose to be supporting. This forum is so tiny compared to others I am on, it is insanely surprising to me how you have so much trouble dealing with such a small group of mods. But then again, I am not so surprised because it is a circle. Hiring terrible staff who wont admit when wrong and rectify errors leads to the best community-lead users hating the staff, making them leave,and these good players who make the community thrive leave, the community dies more,less good mods to chose from, and staff has then to pick from more shitty people to become mods, then we have more shitty mods.

Someone needs to break the cycle or else this site will keep getting worse. And if you don't like how brash I am being then I suggest someone finally either brings me to somewhere I can deal with this myself with someone who can actually do something or do it yourself. Because I don't say this for nothing, I say it because I know better.

• 206 Replies
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Some good stuff in here. If I were 201 I wouldn't say anything for he knows what it'll get him.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Some good stuff in here. If I were 201 I wouldn't say anything for he knows what it'll get him.

seeing as he kinda "quit" I don't think he has to worry.

And there are many things he could say here that would be very good for his image.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

There's always something for a mod to do. It's not like they just sit there bored all day waiting for something to "happen" on the forums. If they do, they would be doing the whole mod thing wrong.

Mods are users too. Sometimes, if there seem to be no trouble around in the forums, we would like to have some fun too, debating, playing games, what normal users do.
If we were constantly working, not only would more people think we are too strict or not there or generally not doing our job, we would also burn out pretty fast, and then there will be no mods online.

Also, again: 201-case? STOP Hammertiem!
Or rather, leave the discussion?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

<----- I confess to all of this.

It's nothing we didn't already know :P
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

STOP Hammertiem!

*dances like MC hammer (while naked for old times sake)*

It's nothing we didn't already know :P

*blushes*

you guys
21 posts
Nomad

Jesus christ... that guy just turned himself in, proving it wasn't 201's fault. He purposely pissed him off. So how come he never got banned, and only 201 did? NoName, (lol) you said that you wouldn't care less if people felt they were being picked on, or whatever you said. But isn't it getting a little, well, a LOT, out of control if all you guys can do with your spare time is make fun of someone on armor games? Seriously??? That's just absolutely pathetic. How do you think that 201 feels after reading this? Oh yeah, you asswipes don't give a shit. That's what you even said.

21 posts
Nomad

Also, this thread is no longer a suggestions thread. It's a badmouth 201 thread. That's why this should be locked. Too bad the mods are crackheads, and they like badmouthing people.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Jesus christ... that guy just turned himself in, proving it wasn't 201's fault. He purposely pissed him off. So how come he never got banned, and only 201 did? NoName, (lol) you said that you wouldn't care less if people felt they were being picked on, or whatever you said. But isn't it getting a little, well, a LOT, out of control if all you guys can do with your spare time is make fun of someone on armor games? Seriously??? That's just absolutely pathetic. How do you think that 201 feels after reading this? Oh yeah, you asswipes don't give a ****. That's what you even said.

I hate when fans of 201 that say hes awesome no matter what try to pin everything on another user.
21 posts
Nomad

Hey, I hate it when people are too stubborn to listen to me or 201. Also, I'm the only one on his side, against like 8 people. So you're one to talk about unfair odds.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Flag
Also, this thread is no longer a suggestions thread. It's a badmouth 201 thread. That's why this should be locked. Too bad the mods are crackheads, and they like badmouthing people.

Not making your slef look good with those choice words

Also you seem to be to clingy to 201 at times.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

So how come he never got banned, and only 201 did?

You flame, you lose. 201 broke the rules, Skater only borderlined. This does not mean what Skater did is any good, it just means it will take longer for him to piss us off.

How do you think that 201 feels after reading this? Oh yeah, you asswipes don't give a ****. That's what you even said.

If you are going to use plural, you have to deal with me. I talked to 201, and concluded that he apparently had either misunderstood or just concluded out from the talk that I hate him. As said, talked to him yesterday, we are good. As for Nemo, he does not discriminate, he doesn't care about anyone, not even me.

Again, thank you for generalising. It makes you look much more like you can't comprehend the truth.
Also thank you for disregarding all the "back to topic" like the others do. YOU are making it about 201 as much as anyone else.

I WILL BAN THE NEXT ONE WHO MENTIONS 201 REGARDLESS OF SIDE IN THE CASE OR THE ALIGNMENT OF THE POST.
Just so you know.
21 posts
Nomad

He's my best friend. I know him in real life. I actually have friends, yes. Lol. Those "choice words" are used by a lot of people.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

As Vinister pointed out earlier, won't AG.3.0 need more mods?
I think maybe two more would be added. Also I find it odd almost no one knows about 3.0 really except Dan.

Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

How is calling the mods names like that good? It dosen't improve anything?
I actually have friends

Wow and nobody on here has any friends outside of AG?
21 posts
Nomad

Sorry Cenere I was replying to google I didn't see ur post! Please don't ban me! P.S. he told me it was a total misunderstanding. And that comment wasn't directed towards you.

Anyways, wait, there's going to be an armor games 3.0? Have they released any news on updates yet?

Showing 166-180 of 206