ForumsSupport ForumModerators

206 27250
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I am not here to argue because that would imply that am doing anything less than stating facts. And I just wrote this all before and it all god deleted because I backed up the web page and AG is the only poorly enough coded site that it doesn't auto keep my text on so I am keeping this way shorter than the last.

The problem with mods these days is that they are poorly picked, because we have a shortage of mods and instead of waiting for the right people to show up the wrong people get picked. This doesn't work. You should have a quota of mods, that makes no sense on a site that has to wait for mod-worthy people to come, you can't do that. If at one point you have 5 qualified mods, then that sucks for them, lots of more work, but if there is 15 why then not take them all instead of saying sorry we full.

But the latter isn't the issue, it is the former. An issue is that the distinction between a great user and a moderator doesn't exist. It actually does, me. I am a quality user that is not a mod, but many other mods just like me who fit in same category shouldn't be there, and I won't mention names, but everyone knows who I am talking about clearly, even the mod themselves, because even they realize they shouldn't be mods. Yes you, you all know who you are. These people are great users with great content and you've turned them into mods which has not only made them worse, but you ruining the community as well.

Anyone who is awesome you've swept from the AG community and turned into a moderator who shouldn't be there because they are power tripping and think anyone who criticizes them should be banned, and instead of letting kids deal with their problems just instantly ban half the populous. Most of the best community from the past, all the old users, have left. When I talk to them on MSN about why they left, almost every single one left because of the poorly manages mods, who were either nonexistent when needed or took action where they should have stopped nosing around.

These mods, who instead of spending their time posting fun threads and letting users do what they want, they ruin users fun because it's not constructive to the site. Take a step back, who are these rules meant to be helping? Oh right the majority of users. What happens when the same majority of users want to do something like make a spam thread or do something fun? They get banned. That doesn't make sense, this isn't US congress, laws aren't irreversible or inflexible. But instead of being normal people and letting small things slide, they act uptight(even though they were the exact opposite when normal members) and power trip and ban all the good users. Almost no one from the past is here on AG anymore and for a good reason.

The mods are suppose to be here to facilitate fun and help the community progress and all they do nowadays is deter that. You seem to forget that just like police you are here to serve and protect us, not harp over us and ruin your own community.

Also, once a mod is chosen I have never seen a single one be fired(except maybe 1). You guys are way to passive. There is no way on earth that every single one of the mods ever chosen have all been perfect. The same thing in a company, people hire others, realize it was a mistake and fire them. Not let them go AFK and sit there being useless or being a bad mod ruining the community and wait until they resign. You need to grow a pair, grow up, and take lead and fire other mods, stop being so passive towards each other you are just ruining armorgames.

Now I know this thread will just be ignored or locked by the mods. Because the one thing I always realize with you guys, is that you have lots of criticism for everyone else, but when ever so clear problems with you guys come up, you ignore it or delete and/or ban users who were completely in their right. I have tried for countless years to have anything done and nothing ever does because everyone is too scared to speak out and stop being useless.

The mods list right now is in terrible shape, stop ignoring me, stop telling me I am wrong with no reason and just banning me. Instead, try doing something, stop being little whimps and actually do something for a change, maybe you will finally make a right decision and stop ruining the community you are suppose to be supporting. This forum is so tiny compared to others I am on, it is insanely surprising to me how you have so much trouble dealing with such a small group of mods. But then again, I am not so surprised because it is a circle. Hiring terrible staff who wont admit when wrong and rectify errors leads to the best community-lead users hating the staff, making them leave,and these good players who make the community thrive leave, the community dies more,less good mods to chose from, and staff has then to pick from more shitty people to become mods, then we have more shitty mods.

Someone needs to break the cycle or else this site will keep getting worse. And if you don't like how brash I am being then I suggest someone finally either brings me to somewhere I can deal with this myself with someone who can actually do something or do it yourself. Because I don't say this for nothing, I say it because I know better.

• 206 Replies
21 posts
Nomad

Wow and nobody on here has any friends outside of AG?

Didn't you specifically say that you had no life outside of the internet on neverforgetme's profile? Or was it another profile.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Didn't you specifically say that you had no life outside of the internet on neverforgetme's profile? Or was it another profile.

When did I ever say this or are you making stuff up? I don't recall that?
I might of said I'venever met her in real life or something.
Anyways, wait, there's going to be an armor games 3.0? Have they released any news on updates yet?

If you search it in that search box thing for AG, you should dig up some info.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I think maybe two more would be added. Also I find it odd almost no one knows about 3.0 really except Dan.

News about AG 3.0 have been trending around Armorgames.
Anyways, wait, there's going to be an armor games 3.0? Have they released any news on updates yet?

No, nothing besides that it will come out.

And Google, about the mods, the new mods for 3.0, I don't think AG is concerned about it yet. I'm not sure still...thuogh
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I think maybe two more would be added. Also I find it odd almost no one knows about 3.0 really except Dan.

Dan isn't the only one that is developing 3.0.

And Google, about the mods, the new mods for 3.0, I don't think AG is concerned about it yet. I'm not sure still...thuogh

Depending on how active 3.0 is, we will need more mods. If activity is just how it is now, then the number of mods can stay as it is.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

I hope the upgrade isn't like one on another site I never go on anymore.
Answerbag was fun and then the newone makes you want to leave and thats why I have, its not fun anymore.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

If activity is just how it is now, then the number of mods can stay as it is.

Is that what this topic is practically about? (besides what happened on the last few pages But anyways, i'm pretty sure that most everyone feels that our current situation is far from perfect. Not to say the mods aren't do their jobs quite well, it's just that none are mostly active enough to reach the site's full potential (merits, spammers, etc.)
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Mods are users too. Sometimes, if there seem to be no trouble around in the forums, we would like to have some fun too, debating, playing games, what normal users do.

That isn't quite what I meant. Mods can go have fun if they really must, but if they just sit and watch the forums waiting for something for something to happen, again I say they've got the whole mod thing wrong.

If activity is just how it is now, then the number of mods can stay as it is.

Although forum activity is pretty low at this point, game comment activity will usually stay about the same.

Before I make my next point, I must know, does the mass-delete checkbox work for mods?
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

does the mass-delete checkbox work for mods?
Yeah, but we still have to at least skim all the comments before using it.
It really just saves us from some clicking.

That isn't quite what I meant. Mods can go have fun if they really must, but if they just sit and watch the forums waiting for something for something to happen, again I say they've got the whole mod thing wrong.
I sometimes do refresh the forums periodically just to see if something's happened. It's not because of an "I want to moderate and want the tasks served on a platter" thing, it's more of an "I'm bored, when do all the US people start kicking conversations up again?"... If it was wanting to mod around, there is always game comment spam.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Mods can go have fun if they really must

I am so sorry.
Well, I know when my work isn't appreciated.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Aww, come here Cen - I appreciate you! Give me a hug -steals wallet-

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Ahh, Cenny, you know we appreciate you. We realize you guys are humans and that you have lives(much more active ones than mine).

slayguy8
slayguy8
718 posts
Peasant

HEY THIS THREAD ISNT RIGHT AND IM NOT A MOD, THE MODS ARE JOINING IT TO HURT SOME ONE IF THESE PEOPLE WANT TO MAKE FUN OF SOME ONE IT SHOULD BE ME OK LEAVE HIM ALONE HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH YOURSELVES MODS ARE BE NICE AND HELPFUL NOT MEAN AND HURTFUL EVERYONE ON AG SHOULD BE NICE AND CARING
WELL HE ISNT MY BEST FRIEND BUT LEAVE HIM ALONE IF YOU WANT TO PICK ON SOME ONE MAKE IT ME OK SO LAY OFF SO START PICKING ON ME

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

i approve klaus. though you should've added a tl;dr

because i didnt read it.

all kirbzy told me was you whined and i believe it was lulzy cheers

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

"I'm bored, when do all the US people start kicking conversations up again?"

AG will kick up conversations when AG gets more conversations to talk about. We can't just wait for others to do it for them; we have to start it ourselves. To contribute, I'm making a story :3
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Yeah, but we still have to at least skim all the comments before using it.
It really just saves us from some clicking.

It doesn't save you much clicking, but it saves you a lot more loading time. Just deleting them one by one would take a lot longer, due to the fact that deletions take some loading time; checking a box doesn't.

I sometimes do refresh the forums periodically just to see if something's happened. It's not because of an "I want to moderate and want the tasks served on a platter" thing, it's more of an "I'm bored, when do all the US people start kicking conversations up again?"... If it was wanting to mod around, there is always game comment spam.

The forums have gotten to a point in which they've run out of interesting topics, meaning that deleting game comments/meriting would probably be more interesting than talking about today's boring subjects.

"I'll just let the other mods take care of game comments."

That's the attitude that doesn't work, especially because almost every mod seems to use it at this point.

I am so sorry.
Well, I know when my work isn't appreciated.

Work is always appreciated, because it benefits everybody. Fun isn't and doesn't.

BAD GRAMMAR, CAPS LOCK, AND STUPID RANTING SOUNDING A BIT LIKE CHRIS CROCKER MAKES ME SOUND COOL RITE GUIZE?

LEAVE SLAYGUY ALONE!!! YOU'RE LUCKY HE EVEN PERFORMS FOR YOU.......!!!

I can't resist a Chris Crocker temptation. And I know what you're thinking, so don't even go there.

To contribute, I'm making a story

I made a forum game. Hopefully it will catch on and give people something to do while there are no good topics out there.
Showing 181-195 of 206