ForumsSupport ForumModerators

206 27248
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I am not here to argue because that would imply that am doing anything less than stating facts. And I just wrote this all before and it all god deleted because I backed up the web page and AG is the only poorly enough coded site that it doesn't auto keep my text on so I am keeping this way shorter than the last.

The problem with mods these days is that they are poorly picked, because we have a shortage of mods and instead of waiting for the right people to show up the wrong people get picked. This doesn't work. You should have a quota of mods, that makes no sense on a site that has to wait for mod-worthy people to come, you can't do that. If at one point you have 5 qualified mods, then that sucks for them, lots of more work, but if there is 15 why then not take them all instead of saying sorry we full.

But the latter isn't the issue, it is the former. An issue is that the distinction between a great user and a moderator doesn't exist. It actually does, me. I am a quality user that is not a mod, but many other mods just like me who fit in same category shouldn't be there, and I won't mention names, but everyone knows who I am talking about clearly, even the mod themselves, because even they realize they shouldn't be mods. Yes you, you all know who you are. These people are great users with great content and you've turned them into mods which has not only made them worse, but you ruining the community as well.

Anyone who is awesome you've swept from the AG community and turned into a moderator who shouldn't be there because they are power tripping and think anyone who criticizes them should be banned, and instead of letting kids deal with their problems just instantly ban half the populous. Most of the best community from the past, all the old users, have left. When I talk to them on MSN about why they left, almost every single one left because of the poorly manages mods, who were either nonexistent when needed or took action where they should have stopped nosing around.

These mods, who instead of spending their time posting fun threads and letting users do what they want, they ruin users fun because it's not constructive to the site. Take a step back, who are these rules meant to be helping? Oh right the majority of users. What happens when the same majority of users want to do something like make a spam thread or do something fun? They get banned. That doesn't make sense, this isn't US congress, laws aren't irreversible or inflexible. But instead of being normal people and letting small things slide, they act uptight(even though they were the exact opposite when normal members) and power trip and ban all the good users. Almost no one from the past is here on AG anymore and for a good reason.

The mods are suppose to be here to facilitate fun and help the community progress and all they do nowadays is deter that. You seem to forget that just like police you are here to serve and protect us, not harp over us and ruin your own community.

Also, once a mod is chosen I have never seen a single one be fired(except maybe 1). You guys are way to passive. There is no way on earth that every single one of the mods ever chosen have all been perfect. The same thing in a company, people hire others, realize it was a mistake and fire them. Not let them go AFK and sit there being useless or being a bad mod ruining the community and wait until they resign. You need to grow a pair, grow up, and take lead and fire other mods, stop being so passive towards each other you are just ruining armorgames.

Now I know this thread will just be ignored or locked by the mods. Because the one thing I always realize with you guys, is that you have lots of criticism for everyone else, but when ever so clear problems with you guys come up, you ignore it or delete and/or ban users who were completely in their right. I have tried for countless years to have anything done and nothing ever does because everyone is too scared to speak out and stop being useless.

The mods list right now is in terrible shape, stop ignoring me, stop telling me I am wrong with no reason and just banning me. Instead, try doing something, stop being little whimps and actually do something for a change, maybe you will finally make a right decision and stop ruining the community you are suppose to be supporting. This forum is so tiny compared to others I am on, it is insanely surprising to me how you have so much trouble dealing with such a small group of mods. But then again, I am not so surprised because it is a circle. Hiring terrible staff who wont admit when wrong and rectify errors leads to the best community-lead users hating the staff, making them leave,and these good players who make the community thrive leave, the community dies more,less good mods to chose from, and staff has then to pick from more shitty people to become mods, then we have more shitty mods.

Someone needs to break the cycle or else this site will keep getting worse. And if you don't like how brash I am being then I suggest someone finally either brings me to somewhere I can deal with this myself with someone who can actually do something or do it yourself. Because I don't say this for nothing, I say it because I know better.

• 206 Replies
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

So about 201.....

No not really just cen told me not to mention him and....I guesse the joke wasn't funny.....moving on.

Ag 3.0 is just amyth to make all of the users happy while Dan and the rest of the &quotowers that be" go play mini golf with there heads in the sand so they can ignore the mods and the users requests and have an excuse.

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Ag 3.0 is just amyth to make all of the users happy while Dan and the rest of the &quotowers that be" go play mini golf with there heads in the sand so they can ignore the mods and the users requests and have an excuse.

Lol, how do you know that they are playing minigolf? It could be regular golf you know.
Google567
Google567
4,013 posts
Farmer

Anybody have a feeling barely anything we have been changed on the new one?
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Lol, how do you know that they are playing minigolf? It could be regular golf you know.

Have you see the office workers? they just have the "mini golf look" about them.

There is no ag 3.0
samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,550 posts
Peasant

Have you see the office workers? they just have the "mini golf look" about them.

Heh, I didn't know someone could have "the mini-golf look".

Well, I don't expect the background to change to much. But what I think will be implemented in the forums: edit post (probably the first thing they got to work on, hopefully), more BBCode options than just the 5 we have, and fixing the glitch that shows all pages for a thread (note this only happens with threads that have atleast over 100 pages).

What I would like to see, is maybe a larger typing area for the forum posts, that's not very hard to edit.

There is no ag 3.0

I'mma laugh at you when they realese AG 3.0 somewhere in 2011, late 2011.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

sam i'm just making a joke at the lack of information realsed about it

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

It doesn't save you much clicking, but it saves you a lot more loading time. Just deleting them one by one would take a lot longer, due to the fact that deletions take some loading time; checking a box doesn't.
Oh yeah. Had that tool for so long I forgot about that. Though before it worked, I used to Cmd+Click the trash cans so they opened in different tabs and so I didn't have to scroll up and down to pick up where I'd left. > >

The forums have gotten to a point in which they've run out of interesting topics, meaning that deleting game comments/meriting would probably be more interesting than talking about today's boring subjects.
Honestly, fiddling with my toes is more interesting than deleting game comment spam. Also, I don't agree with your subjective opinion about boring threads here.

"I'll just let the other mods take care of game comments."

That's the attitude that doesn't work, especially because almost every mod seems to use it at this point.
Again with the assumptions.
Gantic does a great job taking care of spam. Cenere doesn't do quite as great job as Gantic at it, but is out there cleaning games too. I clean a page or two every so often, which really is nothing when you look at the amount of games there is, but it's not a total "I'll let them handle it".
I don't know how much the others do these days, this is just what I've noticed.

Work is always appreciated, because it benefits everybody. Fun isn't and doesn't.
So pissy and burned out mods is what you want. Awesome. So much for the complaining about mods being stuck up and unfun.

D:
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

If AG 3.0 has an edit button then this must be AG -10.0.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

The forums have gotten to a point in which they've run out of interesting topics, meaning that deleting game comments/meriting would probably be more interesting than talking about today's boring subjects.

Then do something about it. As I've said, you cannot wait on others to do the job for you. If you want an active forum, make it so!

"I'll just let the other mods take care of game comments."

That's the attitude that doesn't work, especially because almost every mod seems to use it at this point.

You cannot know that. There is no way. Mods go through 12-foot loads of spam and can be invisible at the same time. Do you know WHY spam appears to be endless?

-- Spam looks the same

-- Spam loads quicker than mods unload it

You are giving the mods less credit than what they deserve.
tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

Um.... Who is this freaking 201!?!?!
Why does everybody know him? Was he famous or something?

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Um.... Who is this freaking 201!?!?!
Why does everybody know him? Was he famous or something?

201 is after 200 but not quite 202.
Showing 196-206 of 206