ForumsNews and Feedback[AG3] Teaser

88 18491
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone.

Just to keep you all informed, I'll be writing up a blog post for the main blog about some AG3-related news, which should publish toward the end of the week. In it, I'll discuss a few things about AG2 armor points, and some other sneak peeks. This will be a regular recurring blog idea to keep you all up to date on what we're working on as we get close to our official beta launch.

See you in the game,
cormyn

• 88 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

When I think enthusiastic about AG, I think of MrDayCee...

And I think of MrDayCee as the little ball of sunshine that likes to use smileys

... and to a somewhat lesser extent Freakenstein.

That's nice. You're still a flibbertigibbet though.

Which is more work though: Requests, or Invitations? From the requests, you pick from those that want to be in AG3 that are deemed significant enough to be given a key. Invitations...well, how would that go?
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Invitations...well, how would that go?

In betas, the creators choose you. Frank, you are a whatchamacallit by the way.
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Hmmm...well, I don't know if it matters at all, but I would like to turn in my application to be a Beta Tester. And Freakenstein's too, in case he forgot.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

In betas, the creators choose you.

How could that be any more productive than the administration choosing mods though? It's a little less important, but invitations is more like a lottery...those that are picked may not be as fit to beta test as others.

Frank, you are a whatchamacallit

You have now been demoted to doodad.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

How could that be any more productive than the administration choosing mods though? It's a little less important, but invitations is more like a lottery...those that are picked may not be as fit to beta test as others.

That's why you choose carefully. And other beta testers could perhaps..

We'll see how the admins get at doing this.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

depends on whether it's open or closed.. I am expecting there to be invitations or requests.

It will start out as a closed beta, then we'll either start inviting more users, or allow users in the closed beta to invite a few friends at a time.

Invites won't happen for a while yet, several weeks at least. We're happy to see people getting excited, but we're not even close for user invites yet.

I'm not sure which criteria we'll use for invites, if we'll just hand pick a few people, or just randomly choose 1,000 active people, or what. If it were up to me (and it might be), I might pick a handful of people from the leaderboards, and then a couple of hundred users who have more than "some quantity" of Armor Points.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Well, there are always going to be exccittted people. *points at MrDayCee*

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,746 posts
King

knight_34 wrote :
When I think enthusiastic about AG, I think of MrDayCee

Freakenstein wrote :
And I think of MrDayCee as the little ball of sunshine that likes to use smileys

Thanx you guys! *blushes* What smiley should I use to make an expression with this? =D
And have you ever known me different Frank?

*points at MrDayCee*

Who-tha...what-have...who-has...wait a minute.......ME?! 0_o

May I remind you knight_34, that it was YOU who got me wound up about AG3, when you slightly lifted the curtain a while back... hahaa =P
Never got to thank you for that, so... THANX!! LOL =)

I'm not sure which criteria we'll use for invites, if we'll just hand pick a few people, or just randomly choose

We'll see it when we get to that point is 'nuf said... patience is friend of mine!
And if it's not, it's not... too bad... *shrugs* ...life goes on after all...
but from then on WITH a new AG3! *shouts a loud WHOO-HOO! and now has trouble with neighbours*
LOL
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I might pick a handful of people from the leaderboards, and then a couple of hundred users who have more than "some quantity" of Armor Points.

I don't know if you wanna do that, Cormyn, to be honest. While the leaderboard members are indeed active, the manner in which they gained those points are questionable. There are quite a few people on there that are respected and trustworthy, but that involves peering over the usernames to figure that one out. May I instead suggest those that are actively participating in these discussions? They seem awfully excited about AG3 and can't wait to be a part of it.

While they are so excited that we can barely contain our sanity over AG3, those that display meriting leadership, maturity, and willingness are outstanding in this neck of the woods.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

May I remind you knight_34, that it was YOU who got me wound up about AG3, when you slightly lifted the curtain a while back... hahaa =P
Never got to thank you for that, so... THANX!! LOL =)

Oh... crap. What have I done to you?!

Nah, kidding. I forgot that I told you about AG3. It drifted from my mind, among other things.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Holy mackerel.
... AG3... Is... Gonna... Be... SHWEET! Oh yeah! Haha, can't wait for it. Of course it's gonna be sweet! If it's not made from ArmorGames, then it's not made from sweetness!... Umm, yeah, what?

I've silently jumped in here and there in a few topics, and from the information I've gathered, it's positively gonna be fantastic. Keep it up! Whooo!

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

I'm wondering if the site would actually look like this.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/638/betalo.png

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Perhaps less silhouette-y (lol) but yes, that's actually one of the pages from AG3.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Perhaps less silhouette-y (lol)

Massive mspaint erasing skillz, I know.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Lol, Graham. The image is too low-res for me to make out much.. Perfectly the way it was intended to be.

Showing 61-75 of 88