ForumsWEPRIs suicide an escape?

362 73024
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

No matter the reason -- couldn't you say it's always an escape?

Is it selfish? Or, depending on the motive, selfless?

• 362 Replies
BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

Sometimes I feel really unhappy but it always gets better so why commit scuicide?

Everyone gets 'unhappy' from time to time, but depression that's another thing.

nope because if you think life is bad enough to commit suicide wait till you do it and go to hell where it just gets worse

Lmao.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Puh-lease - unless you can prove that any form of afterlife exists, keep that crap outta here.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Puh-lease - unless you can prove that any form of afterlife exists, keep that crap outta here.

^That.
Everyone gets 'unhappy' from time to time, but depression that's another thing.

Agreed. Wait... semi-agreed. I guess.
When you get unhappy too many times or if you get "seriously" unhappy too many times that can lead to depressions which can lead to suicide.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

suicide is an escape from this world to hell because kill our own life is a very big sin

This seems like an exceptionally cruel reason to send someone to hell. They killed themselves because they couldn't handle things here for what ever reason. In a way you could say these people were already in hell. So the response is to cause them to continue to suffer?
I do however understand why it's regarded as a sin. When you live your life for what your going to get after you die and killing yourself didn't take that reward away then there would be no point in waiting. This sin really comes across as being man made.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

suicide is the bravest thing you can do.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Care to elaborate?

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Porto - we've already covered this one, proof or GTFO.

Also, I think gaboloth was implying that taking your life is a true act of bravery. Possibly because of it's irreplaceable nature and the strength of will it takes to commit to such an action.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Also, I think gaboloth was implying that taking your life is a true act of bravery. Possibly because of it's irreplaceable nature and the strength of will it takes to commit to such an action.

Or desperation and unfathomable sorrow. Not all are brave acts, though some are I acknowledge..
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

suicide is the bravest thing you can do.

People who have heard someone say that will just suicide themselves for being known as the brave one. But they won't because people will just call him/her an attention hog.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

>.> once again you do NOT suicide. You COMMIT suicide.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Oh, wolf got to that before me - damn. I really do despise errors like that.

crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

I have a question for those of the Christian faith; what if you commit suicide trying to protect someone? Do you still go to hell? For example, if you work as a body guard and take a bullet for your client.

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

what if you commit suicide trying to protect someone? Do you still go to hell? For example, if you work as a body guard and take a bullet for your client.

That's not committing suicide, here's a definition.
the act of killing yourself; "it is a crime to commit suicide"
napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

I don't understand why anyone would see suicide as an escape, seeing that they only escape to hell. Hell is the worst place imaginable, no matter how people people claim earth to be or how screwed up your life may be, its a whole lot better than hell.

crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

That's not committing suicide, here's a definition.
the act of killing yourself; "it is a crime to commit suicide"

Well, if you throw yourself into a bullet that you know will kill you. The bullet was not meant for you and would not kill you if you did not purposely get in its path. A willful action that you know will kill you seems like suicide to me, the same as throwing yourself in front of an oncoming car.
Showing 151-165 of 362