ForumsWEPRIs suicide an escape?

362 73022
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

No matter the reason -- couldn't you say it's always an escape?

Is it selfish? Or, depending on the motive, selfless?

• 362 Replies
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I don't understand why anyone would see suicide as an escape, seeing that they only escape to hell. Hell is the worst place imaginable, no matter how people people claim earth to be or how screwed up your life may be, its a whole lot better than hell.

Baka! Do you not listen to anything we keep saying?! PROVE THAT THERE IS A GODSDARNED FRIGGIN' HELL AND THEN WE'LL TALK ABOUT IT!
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

Well, if you throw yourself into a bullet that you know will kill you. The bullet was not meant for you and would not kill you if you did not purposely get in its path. A willful action that you know will kill you seems like suicide to me, the same as throwing yourself in front of an oncoming car.

That is more illogical than Barney!
A: Can you even move at a rate of speed faster than 1200 meters a second?
B: And how can you say that the bullet wasn't intended for you? The gunner could have Cerebral Palsy, and aimed quite off.

Either will full or not, jumping in front of the bullet (when fired) seems impossible if it isn't aimed at you.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Well, if you throw yourself into a bullet that you know will kill you. The bullet was not meant for you and would not kill you if you did not purposely get in its path. A willful action that you know will kill you seems like suicide to me, the same as throwing yourself in front of an oncoming car.

That's another thing. IF there were such thing as Hell and Heaven then you probably would be sent to Heaven. My goings to church every now and then have led me to believe that IF there were such thing as Heaven you would have to believe in Jesus and what he did to get in.
Notice the IFs.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Either will full or not, jumping in front of the bullet (when fired) seems impossible if it isn't aimed at you.

You could be standing right by the person you were designated to guard. This isn't a physics thread thought, so back to suicide.

Soz for double posting.
napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

PROVE THAT THERE IS A GODSDARNED FRIGGIN' HELL AND THEN WE'LL TALK ABOUT IT!

1. I am sorry, I haven't been on here in a long time and didn't read the previous posts.

2. Its a waste of time to even begin to prove that a hell exists because most people on this site are too ignorant to listen.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

No, we're not ignorant - for every 'fact' you have that hell exists we have ten more real, scientific facts that say it doesn't.

napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

for every 'fact' you have that hell exists we have ten more real, scientific facts that say it doesn't.

Exactly, ignorant
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Are you calling me ignorant? Or those who still think they can prove hell exists? Because if you're calling me ignorant then I find that hard to believe. I came to the decision that no Hell exists based on scientific evidence - people come to the conclusion that Hell exists based on 1 book written nearly 2000 years ago that is full of plot holes and contradictions...

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Exactly, ignorant

No, not really.
No, we're not ignorant - for every 'fact' you have that hell exists we have ten more real, scientific facts that say it doesn't.

More like 'fore every 'fact' you have that hell exists we have 5 more'. Ten feels like an exaggeration. Correct me if I'm wrong.
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

Thats true, and if you look at science you'll realize that the scientific arguement is evolving with time while the religious one barely does. New science is discovered every day, but no new miraculous events of any credibility or even association with god happen, well, ever. The religious arguement itself adapts to the new scientific evidence (i.e. finds a new way to bash it), but no more events take place like the miraculous ones in the bible; hence no new evidence to support the existence of god.
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

More like 'fore every 'fact' you have that hell exists we have 5 more'. Ten feels like an exaggeration. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You spelt 'for' as 'fore' - happy now?
napolian654321
napolian654321
922 posts
Nomad

I'm not calling you ignorant, but many people who go along with you and claim there is no hell when they haven't looked at both sides of the arguement. I completely disagree with you though, I believe science proves nothing about afterlife, but this thread is about whether suicide is an escape.

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

You could be standing right by the person you were designated to guard. This isn't a physics thread thought, so back to suicide.

Everything is Physics, so I think it's relevant. Re-read my statement and note you are wrong. I said "(when fired)".

Thats true, and if you look at science you'll realize that the scientific arguement is evolving with time while the religious one barely does. New science is discovered every day, but no new miraculous events of any credibility or even association with god happen, well, ever. The religious arguement itself adapts to the new scientific evidence (i.e. finds a new way to bash it), but no more events take place like the miraculous ones in the bible; hence no new evidence to support the existence of god.

OK, I can be scientific too, and how so? Well any "true fact" in Science is only a theory and thus not 100& true, just proven many times. And will indeed change if any discovery is made. So if Science is theory, Hell may still exist.
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

I'm not calling you ignorant, but many people who go along with you and claim there is no hell when they haven't looked at both sides of the arguement. I completely disagree with you though, I believe science proves nothing about afterlife, but this thread is about whether suicide is an escape.

When you said:

Exactly, ignorant

???

Coulda' fooled me.
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

OK, I can be scientific too, and how so? Well any "true fact" in Science is only a theory and thus not 100& true, just proven many times. And will indeed change if any discovery is made. So if Science is theory, Hell may still exist.

Yes, science can be disproven with time, but it still evolves far more than the religious arguement.
Showing 166-180 of 362