ForumsWEPRIs suicide an escape?

362 73023
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

No matter the reason -- couldn't you say it's always an escape?

Is it selfish? Or, depending on the motive, selfless?

• 362 Replies
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

And besides, Hell seems much more of a theory to me than any science.

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

Yes, science can be disproven with time, but it still evolves far more than the religious arguement.

Religion was far more "real" years ago. I believe Science began the argument. So I would then correct you and say: "Religion evolves less than Science argument does." Thus, I made your statement true.
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

And besides, Hell seems much more of a theory to me than any science.

It's not a Theory, though, it's a place.
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

Whatever, its existence is a theory.
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

You spelt 'for' as 'fore' - happy now?

LOL. *Facepalm*

A theoretical place.

We're getting too off-topic guys.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

*facepalm* Do any of you know what a theory actually is?!

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Hell is definitely a theoretical location - no man has walked in there and back out again - and no person has actually seen hell.

PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

A theoretical place.

In Science.

We're getting too off-topic guys.

Suicide = Topic, Suicide = Hell, Hell = Current Topic. Seems relevant enough.
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

Do any of you know what a theory actually is?![quote]

Don't worry, Google does!

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Pure - I'll make it even easier for them::

Let me google that for you!

crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

Okay, back to suicide. I find that the more you contemplate suicide (not committing it, just suicide in general) the more cynical you become towards the people who commit it. Are we being a teensy bit too harsh?

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Okay, back to suicide. I find that the more you contemplate suicide (not committing it, just suicide in general) the more cynical you become towards the people who commit it. Are we being a teensy bit too harsh?

I disagree. I for one am more empathetic to those who contemplate suicide because I have an idea what drive them to their thoughts. I have, however, become more cynical to the rest of the world.
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

I disagree. I for one am more empathetic to those who contemplate suicide because I have an idea what drive them to their thoughts. I have, however, become more cynical to the rest of the world.

It's selfish, and if you say no to that, well you obviously are to. Think about all the people that love you.
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

True, understanding breeds empathy. I should have been more specific because the question was more meant for the religious people that frown upon suicide as sinful and spitting in god's face.
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

[quote]It's selfish, and if you say no to that, well you obviously are to. Think about all the people that love you.[/quote]
A lot of people who commit suicide think that nobody loves them. Regardless wether they are right or not, its what they think.

Showing 181-195 of 362