ForumsWEPRIs suicide an escape?

362 73021
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

No matter the reason -- couldn't you say it's always an escape?

Is it selfish? Or, depending on the motive, selfless?

• 362 Replies
PureTrouble
PureTrouble
215 posts
Nomad

A lot of people who commit suicide think that nobody loves them. Regardless wether they are right or not, its what they think.

My computer tells me you spelled whether wrong... anywho... it still doesn't change the fact that it's selfish, valid argument though.
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

This topic made me want to listen to "Take This Life" by In Flames. Such an awesome song....

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Pfft, stop with the selfish line. Tell me - if you were in crippling, horrific and unbearable pain each and every day then would it be selfish to end that pain?

crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

[quote]Pfft, stop with the selfish line. Tell me - if you were in crippling, horrific and unbearable pain each and every day then would it be selfish to end that pain?[/quote
That is an exception. The majority of people commiting suicide are suffering internal pain ( i assume the pain you describe is physical, because such internal pain is hard to come by).

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

It's selfish, and if you say no to that, well you obviously are to. Think about all the people that love you.

Righteo... to quote myself because I think you need a reality check.

An honest question, and one that deserves an answer. The final straw came when a class mate of mine killed themself over some secret personal issue which I have never known. This classmate was well liked by everyone, and was known to hate me. From that point on people kept telling me they wished I had killed myself instead of my classmate. They told me I was better off dead because I wasn't worth anything. The only thing that saved me, and it was a near thing, was the love I have for my family. That, and a desire to prove them wrong. A desire to make something of myself. I still maintain that desire today.
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

oops, messed up my last post the part "That is an exception should not be a quote in italics.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

*points above* read crazyrussian.

crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

I do not hold an overly judgemental view of those who commit suicide, but I do like to point out that intentionally selfish or not, those who commit suicide leave those who care about them in great pain. Besides the fact that their loved one killed themselves, you (or at least i would) feel like crap because you think "maybe i didn't love them enough, maybe if i was a better friend they would never have done this". Suicide always leaves an aftermath for those still alive.

BlackVortex
BlackVortex
1,360 posts
Nomad

It's selfish, and if you say no to that, well you obviously are to. Think about all the people that love you.

they'll get over it, if they really cared they would've noticed a change in behaviour of that suicidal person and tried to help.
mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

Meh, it is a escape if you mean escaping life. I think suicide is a foolish mistake and i don't think anybody should kill themselves because suicide is never the answer...

1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Meh, it is a escape if you mean escaping life. I think suicide is a foolish mistake and i don't think anybody should kill themselves because suicide is never the answer...

suicide is never the answer... for most people. Other people just do it because of the reasons stated in the previous posts, it doesn't always have to be that way but it's just how life is.
Without death the world would be crowded.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

That is an exception. The majority of people commiting suicide are suffering internal pain ( i assume the pain you describe is physical, because such internal pain is hard to come by).

I was also responding to this. I think you missed the point of my story.

Besides the fact that their loved one killed themselves, you (or at least i would) feel like crap because you think "maybe i didn't love them enough, maybe if i was a better friend they would never have done this". Suicide always leaves an aftermath for those still alive.

Because this is not something those contemplating always think about.
crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

Because this is not something those contemplating always think about.

Then its easy to see why some people think suicide is selfish.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

Then its easy to see why some people think suicide is selfish.

Of course it's easy. It's called ignorance.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Of course it's easy. It's called ignorance.

i believe that anyone that believes they have no hope in life hasn't tried to consider every aspect of life. whether it's legal or not you can do what ever you want to become happy and content don't you agree?
Showing 196-210 of 362