ForumsWEPRIs suicide an escape?

362 73020
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

No matter the reason -- couldn't you say it's always an escape?

Is it selfish? Or, depending on the motive, selfless?

• 362 Replies
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

i believe that anyone that believes they have no hope in life hasn't tried to consider every aspect of life. whether it's legal or not you can do what ever you want to become happy and content don't you agree?

Not everyone can be happy by themselves. What if no one is there to help that person?
1337Player
1337Player
1,766 posts
Peasant

Not everyone can be happy by themselves. What if no one is there to help that person?

If no one were to help that person that was depressed then most likely they would either a)Be miserable or most of their life, b)Commit suicide, or c)Both.
NiteStryker
NiteStryker
144 posts
Nomad

It is not selfishness(why do people always say that?).It is a way to end the life you hate.@Freakenstein:IT IS ACCEPTABLE!!!!Believe me,I am.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

suicide is a cowardly attempt to leave a place your to weak to survive in.

So p[lease, do your self a favor and remove your defective self from my genepool. Make the world a better place, thank you.

I have no sympathy towarsd people. If you want to, shut up do it, and quit whinning.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

You're being a rather harsh sunnova bitch today aren't you? We're not just talking about the so-called 'emo kids' that kill themselves for reasons unknown - we're talking about the people that used to/could be functioning members of society who got off of the path and need help getting back on - help that isn't there most of the time.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

So p[lease, do your self a favor and remove your defective self from my genepool. Make the world a better place, thank you.

Oh and those who contemplated it because life decided to fall apart on them?
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

You can't realy on people. People are unreliable. You get out of life what you put into it. If you mess up, fix it. No one will do it for you. I stand by what I said, and will not change that.

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Right then - so if I worked hard, had lots of money, a good job and good family and then something happened - say my family need in a housefire or an accident then that's my fault? I should be expected to shoulder such grief without help and without depression or dark thoughts?

NiteStryker
NiteStryker
144 posts
Nomad

thanks for supporting me.O.o

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

You can't realy on people. People are unreliable. You get out of life what you put into it. If you mess up, fix it. No one will do it for you. I stand by what I said, and will not change that.

Yeah I can agree not to rely on people to a degree. But, there comes a time when you NEED to put your faith in SOMEONE. I've put a lot of work into the life I have and let me tell you it hasn't been paying me back with much. Christ five years ago I had to dig myself out of a hole a group of people threw me down. Did I make the hole deeper? Yeah, but who wouln't in the hope it led to somewhere away from feeling useless, alone, pathetic and betrayed?
shadowfyre541
shadowfyre541
61 posts
Peasant

If you think its an escape from the bad things in your life, then it is. If you think that its a waste of life and such, then it is. Since suicide is pretty much a personal decision, although influenced by outside factors, what you do with your life is up to you. Doesn't mean it's right, or that its the only way, but like I said, its up to you to decide.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

So sorry to hear you got spat upon by some scum of the world, guess what, every one has.

the difference is how you handle it. I have had a rough life to this point, everyone has. I'm living in a trialer, pretty much at the bottom of the bottom, but guess what? I'm not gonna sit and grovel over it, that won't do anything. go fix the problem, killing your self just helps other people. And so there is an accident in your family, which someone said, killing your self helps your family? I'm sure it does.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

So sorry to hear you got spat upon by some scum of the world, guess what, every one has.
the difference is how you handle it. I have had a rough life to this point, everyone has. I'm living in a trialer, pretty much at the bottom of the bottom, but guess what? I'm not gonna sit and grovel over it, that won't do anything. go fix the problem, killing your self just helps other people. And so there is an accident in your family, which someone said, killing your self helps your family? I'm sure it does.

There's a big difference from living in a trailer and being told you're worthless everyday from the ages of 9-14 for almost every day. See to me you're basically saying I was weak for contemplating suicide. Don't try to justify my life with your narrow minded views on life. When you've been driven to the edge and looked at death and breathed a sigh of relief at the thought THEN you can justify my thoughts back then. If you haven't noticed I'm still bloody here.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I'm living in a trialer, pretty much at the bottom of the bottom

actually you can afford a computer and you actually are living in a trailer. living on the street is lower.
jroyster22
jroyster22
755 posts
Peasant

I think taking your own life is one of the most selfish things you can do. The reason I say this is for multiple reasons. Your putting your feelings first before all your loved ones who will be left with your death. I call it an easy way out. I personally, do not have respect for people that take their life. Stand up and make a change!

Showing 211-225 of 362