ForumsWEPRIs suicide an escape?

362 73019
Asterantha
Asterantha
100 posts
Nomad

No matter the reason -- couldn't you say it's always an escape?

Is it selfish? Or, depending on the motive, selfless?

• 362 Replies
Ploder
Ploder
19 posts
Nomad

People have no idea how much their lives impact their surroundings. Suicide is for the weak, and it is just a permanent solution to a temporary &quotickle". We all know what it is like to be miserable, and we do vent. But, getting thru it is what makes you a better person. I am no pherapist, but if you have a problem, talking helps out more than you know. Suicide is not homicide, but manslaughter, if you catch my drift.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

There's a big difference from living in a trailer and being told you're worthless everyday from the ages of 9-14 for almost every day. See to me you're basically saying I was weak for contemplating suicide. Don't try to justify my life with your narrow minded views on life. When you've been driven to the edge and looked at death and breathed a sigh of relief at the thought THEN you can justify my thoughts back then. If you haven't noticed I'm still bloody here.

Hrm, yes. So I choose not to list every thing that is wrong with me, and my life. So lets not play the "You don't undersatnd my life is so bad!" game.

Yes, I am going to call you weak. Your not mentally strong enough to face whats happening.

actually you can afford a computer and you actually are living in a trailer. living on the street is lower.

Speak not of situations you know nothing of. I shall not go into details, as there not important.

So you kill your self congrats, thats the only chancce you ever get. So maybe you get lucky down the road, find a winning lottery ticket laying on the ground. You invest money and have a fantastic life....o wait, no you dind't, you killed your self. To bad.
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

Haven't read the thread past pg. 4.

But yes. Suicide is an escape. A cowardly, selfish escape. I can't bring myself to respect people who commit suicide, because of how selfish it is. and I think it's selfish for the same reasons as jroyster. If you can go through a seemingly impossible situation, and make it out in the end without commiting suicide, then you'll grow as a person. and you'll go on with your life, giving you that chance to find your happiness later on.

Take your life? Oh whoops lol too bad, family's grieving, friends are grieving, missed a ton of opportunities later in life.

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Your putting your feelings first before all your loved ones who will be left with your death.

what if there are no loved one. hmm? not being loved is a major cause for suicide.
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

There's a big difference from living in a trailer and being told you're worthless everyday from the ages of 9-14 for almost every day. See to me you're basically saying I was weak for contemplating suicide. Don't try to justify my life with your narrow minded views on life. When you've been driven to the edge and looked at death and breathed a sigh of relief at the thought THEN you can justify my thoughts back then. If you haven't noticed I'm still bloody here.

I guess some people have never actually contemplated death as an escape. Maybe when people stop treating it as taboo this stigma will go away. I for one am glad you are here. Keep it that way because I DO believe there is always a way out. If there isnt then its not you who will make that decision. But while you have breath in your body you have a choice to change the world.

To all those babbling and blubbing about how bad suicide is and selfish and whatnot.

How about someone who's family DOESNT care, who has no friends. Gets bullied. Aint that smart.
Is it selfish?
I mean, who will actually care in that situation. Its an oh no! poor thing and then get on with my life. Makes you feel a bit bad inside but then you never really knew the person. The family might just be popping sprogs out at a rate of a machinegun and like I said, maybe they actually DONT care!

Is that selfish?

For someone with no love in their life and they see no way out.

Dyou know whats selfish. Humans makin a mess of the world then turning round to the people who are having the worst time and saying "how dare you take your own life"... thats selfish.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

How about someone who's family DOESNT care, who has no friends. Gets bullied. Aint that smart.
Is it selfish?

what i said.
waluigi
waluigi
1,946 posts
Shepherd

Personally, I think that suicide being an escape depends on your point of view. Say, if you were Christian, then it wouldn't be an escape as it would lead to hell. If your were say an atheist, you may think it was and escape, as nothing would happen to you after the death.

Note: I hope I didn't offend anybody with this.

crazyrussian97
crazyrussian97
256 posts
Shepherd

To those people who commit it that do not have any friends or family that care, it isn't selfish because no one will miss them and there will be no painful aftermath. Now, if a person does have family/friends that care, it is a little selfish because you're leaving those who care about you in misery. Whether its selfish or not depends on the circumstance.

wajor59
wajor59
909 posts
Nomad

The ones who have everything to live for but yet feel hopeless are the very ones who try to reach out to others in plenty of time to be pulled off of the tracks by family, friends and loved ones. If this person is depressed then they are living in a fog of dispair. A surreal place, not a real place. If they could help themselves they wouldn't be in this crisis, would they? If, they were thinking clearly, they wouldn't be contemplating suicide, would they?
No, of course not.
There isn't anything rational about commiting suicide, just as murder isn't sane. It would take a truly desperate person to commit suicide. Many attempt it and fail which is why I would never recommend putting a gun to your head, many just wind up brain dead and drooling while sitting in the corner for the rest of their lives, not pretty! Others, who attempt suicide with drugs also just wind up drooling on themselves while sitting in the corner. The one that shocked me on the list from wiki was suicide by pesticides! That's a new one, I've heard of stricnine or, rat poison but even though rats are pests, I never consider stricnine a pesticide.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, if no one cares about you then go ahead, do us a favor, and bring the worlds population down one. Your not hurting any one but your self. You took an easy way out, your weak and cowardly.

Does my famly care? Doubtfull, do I have frineds? If I have things to offer them in return for frinedship. Smart? Not at all.

Yet, I like working, it is a thing I love to do, and it makes me nice money, which lets me do things that amke me happy. I am honeslty alright without having that many people as frineds, or caring for me. I can do anything I want with no one caring. Your looking at no one caring for you the wrong way, or perhaps I am....

regardless, suicide is an escape, just a really dumb one. Its like putting a fire exit door on the 50th floor of a building, and putting no stairs outsdie of the door. You escaped the fire, but your still dead. It does no good.

kitesarecool
kitesarecool
42 posts
Farmer

suicide is an escape, usually from a life mad eworse by the owner, mostly not on purpose

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

Yes, if no one cares about you then go ahead, do us a favor, and bring the worlds population down one. Your not hurting any one but your self. You took an easy way out, your weak and cowardly.

Your rambling about something you have no idea about... and being offensive about it at the same time. Way to go. You can feel free to act like you dont care. Everyone cares no matter how much they put on a front and pretend they dont.

regardless, suicide is an escape, just a really dumb one. Its like putting a fire exit door on the 50th floor of a building, and putting no stairs outsdie of the door. You escaped the fire, but your still dead. It does no good.

You cannot possibly know. How do you know that being dead is not good? Do you believe life is precious? Either way your contradicting yourself. If you dont care about life why is suicide dumb, if you respect life, why act like you dont care!

suicide is an escape, usually from a life made worse by the owner, mostly not on purpose

Im sure thats certainly a major reason in lots of suicides. However there are many, many more.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Your rambling about something you have no idea about... and being offensive about it at the same time. Way to go. You can feel free to act like you dont care. Everyone cares no matter how much they put on a front and pretend they dont.

Actually, your talking of things you don't know anything of. Everyone cares you say? Not really no. So many people die daily, so why should I care about one more?
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

Actually, your talking of things you don't know anything of. Everyone cares you say? Not really no. So many people die daily, so why should I care about one more?

I am guessing you have never contemplated suicide then? Because if the thought had ever crossed your mind you would show more compassion. Life is not sacred... people die... thats fine... but to say you dont care is not the truth is it. Im not asking you to care about me personally. Care for those close and those that affect you. We see on the news daily that people die and if we allowed ourselves to care about every one of these people we would become wrecks.

And why are you asking me why you should care if you do not doubt it yourself.

I would say, be careful with your words because they affect people, regardless of what they say, doesnt mean they cannot shut you out. You want to be a positive influence on the world dont you? If not, why not?

I will happily say that I cannot care about all the death, murder, suicide etc in the world. I will never say that I dont care of such things, because its just not true.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Maybe you do care, but I don't. death is not something that bugs me. It never has

Showing 226-240 of 362