ForumsThe Tavernlife without videogames

92 18414
Sidenay
Sidenay
10 posts
Farmer

did you never have thought Where would we be if from now on you will never play a sigle videogame ever again!!??

• 92 Replies
ug5151
ug5151
587 posts
Nomad

I could survive having no video games. I would... Buy some tools to make a computer sort of machine (LOL that is what I am trying to do right now) draw on an etch-a-sketch, draw on paper, make stop-motion, read, play in the pool, play boardgames (mostly monopoly) ALOT of stuff. But video games are VERY important, because we would get very bored all day. And by the way, there wouldn't be computers.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Video games have only been around since the 1940's. An early example would be the game Tennis for Two from 1958.

So a life without video games might be hard to adjust to, but it wouldn't be that big of a deal to live without them.

However, the video game industry does employee many people so if video games did go away it really could effect the economy.

rick073
rick073
2,754 posts
Peasant

well... life would be a bit harder... wait wut do you mean? do you mean what would you do if video games suddenly all dissapeared or if they were never invented?

never invented: wouldnt care cause i wouldnt know about them in the first place

disappeared: get depressed, probably start cutting myself(maybe), then find other things to do once i stop being emo

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

get depressed, probably start cutting myself(maybe)

That's just a vicious cycle and is avoidant coping what you need is problem solving coping.

Well I would probably lead a more product life for a while but eventually find something else on my big list o' distractions. Thought all those distractions are a better alternative to mindless video game playing.
darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

I would be sad...heartbroken...potentially suicidal...and I would read more books than I do now(which is still rather a lot).

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I could survive a life without video games there is a real world out there guys, and video games are just fun to me they don't mean anything at all.

Thearmedgamer
Thearmedgamer
156 posts
Peasant

Life without videogames...

Don't even joke about that

ThorRatFox
ThorRatFox
3,798 posts
Nomad

well it is hard to live without videogames i would be sad for a while then i would get over it and do something else

roxasthenobody
roxasthenobody
355 posts
Nomad

I would cry then read a ****load of manga

Lathus
Lathus
115 posts
Nomad

I would love to see a source claiming this correct, wouldn't you guys?

dude, there are so many studies on this. I can tell you're not much of a gamer. The argument is: If you are addicted to videogames, you will have a harder time getting addicted to anything else (drugs, alcohol, sex). This has been proven. If we didn't have videogames, people would be less impressionable. Less confident, and more orderly. I think that this constant reinforcement of the resistance of tyrranny and heroism has sent the more impressionable to try and apply this to life. These kids normally end up beat up or in detention for rebelious activities.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I think i won't really care. There is so many other things to do other than play video games, I just can't name them because video games sucked up all my thinking power.

WolfWolf
WolfWolf
800 posts
Nomad

I would be like "Oh god WHY???? You know I can't LIVE without video games!" for a week. Then I would probably go read a book or do something sporty. Or cook. There's always that.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Videogames keep kids off drugs.....have you guys ever played videogames on drugs? The two are a match made in heaven.

But um......I don't play video games much more then an hour every few days. This is of course, is because I have no one to play with....

crazenird
crazenird
329 posts
Nomad

id probably be alot hotter because i would spent my time getting tanned and working out, not in front of a computer screen lol

spacedingo
spacedingo
243 posts
Nomad

It would be odd and degrading.. I'd have more time to read good books, though... and this doesn't rule out television, does it?

Showing 46-60 of 92