ForumsThe TavernGlasses

130 19230
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Who's got them and why?
I had an eye exam today and will be having to get glasses for the first time for astigmatism in my right eye. I should get my glasses sometime after the holiday.

• 130 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I do. I wear contacts during day but during night and morning (or whenever I'm not doing anything one day) I wear 'em.

I wear 'em cause I'm near sighted.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I'm near-sighted, so yeah, I have glasses.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

-5.25 and -5.75 iirc. Pretty near sighted. Feel very lost without my glasses, as everything that isn't at point blank range of my face is bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuur and it feels a bit dizzying.

Can't remember when I got 'em, but do know I've needed increasing strengths. Also used to be able to draw on paper without wearing glasses. I still do it sometimes, but it's sad that doing so nearly brings my nose to the paper...

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

Myopia for me, but i can live without glasses too when I'm at home I only use them when I'm using the computer.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

My Dad and stepmom both wore glasses until they got surgery. My eyesight is fairly good although I used to get headache-y sinus-y pain in the front of my head/top part of my nose so there was some concern for my eyesight. I had it tested and it turns out I'm alright.

Stress related migranes ftl.

KawaiiRion
KawaiiRion
202 posts
Nomad

I have glasses.
First time, when I realised, that I couldn't see well was, when me and my family were in a restaurant.
Dad asked, that what does that menu say, and I said, that I couldn't see what it says.

I use my glasses all the time (expect when I'm sleeping).
I have minus 2 and something on my both eyes, I quess.

The doctor said, that I have some weird thing in my eyes, that makes me see long-distance text as very (or not that) blurry (normal, small).
I'll have to use my glasses all the time, and sometimes I feel, that I can't even see close things so well.

+ I can't use contact-lences (I wouldn't even like to use 'em).

KFK
KFK
1,051 posts
Nomad

I've never had glasses in my whole life but I really think I should. after that accident when I was six or something (I got hit by a stone) my left eye has problems seeing stuff that's close up.

Oops, I mean right eye.

WolfWolf
WolfWolf
800 posts
Nomad

I have glasses but I don't use them much since I have contacts now. I think I had to get glasses because when I was 4 I like to stare at light bulbs a lot.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

http://www.geekeyeglasses.com/wp-content/gallery/130/dolce-gabbana-eyeglasses-5017-018.jpg

^ My glasses.

I'm pretty near sighted. It sucks. :/

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

I wore glasses for about 2 years, because I'm near sighted, but now I wear contacts, which are much better.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I prefer to wear my glasses then contacts. I don't like the whole idea of touching my eye putting in contacts and taking them out.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
185 posts
Nomad

I wear glasses. For 2 months or so I tried contacts, but they hurt a ton, and it took me like 15 minutes to put each one in. Not fun. So now I just wear my glasses which my dog chewed on.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I still have a pathological fear of putting something in my eye. It might reflect on my perceived inadequacies.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I still have a pathological fear of putting something in my eye. It might reflect on my perceived inadequacies.

Same here, probably reflect why I hate needles or sharp objects near my face. It's probably caused by a traumatic event in your life in which sharp objects and your face made contact or something horrifying happened.

*Sign* Now I gotta pump more money into new glasses because my vision got worse.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I've been wearing my glasses for about 4 hours now. I have a headache. No wonder I never wear them :/

Showing 16-30 of 130