ForumsThe TavernGlasses

130 19231
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Who's got them and why?
I had an eye exam today and will be having to get glasses for the first time for astigmatism in my right eye. I should get my glasses sometime after the holiday.

• 130 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Now I gotta pump more money into new glasses because my vision got worse.

I might have to do exactly that next year.
DesertHyena
DesertHyena
2,886 posts
Peasant

Well, I certainly hope my eyes don't get worse. My first pair only cost like $300, Glasses are EXPENSIVE!

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Well, I certainly hope my eyes don't get worse. My first pair only cost like $300, Glasses are EXPENSIVE!

I got mine on sale 2 for $350 that also included anti glare and a two year warranty.
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

I don't need glasses

Although I might later in life because I have 20-50 vision

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

Right now I have 15-20 vision. It is useful as my grandpa uses me as a human magnifying glass. =P

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post. I meant I have 20-15 vison.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I have 20-15 vison.

That's better then perfect. Have you gotten laser eye surgery like Tiger Woods?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

That's better then perfect. Have you gotten laser eye surgery like Tiger Woods?

20/20 doesn't necessarily denote perfect vision, it just means the clarity of vision at a distance. There are a number of other factors involved such as peripheral vision, eye condition, focusing ability and color vision. People can also have 20/20 but still not be able to see up close.
FullyCharged
FullyCharged
8 posts
Nomad

I've got glasses, though I'd need a better prescription as I can't see anything clearly with them on. My vision's gotten pitiful.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9f/Snellen_chart.svg/481px-Snellen_chart.svg.png

If you have 20/20 vision, your eyesight is essentially normal. For example, if the smallest letters you can read are at 20/40 then you roughly have to approach them at 20 feet to see them whereas a person with normal vision can spot them at 40 feet away. Something like that.

Of course, there's a reason why this isn't the only eyesight test performed upon you. If you go by the chart, these glasses that I wear give me vision better than 20/20

People can also have 20/20 but still not be able to see up close.

Yeah. The chart doesn't diagnose your exact illness, just the result of it.
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

i wear sunglasses, but only when it's sunny out

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I'm going to get some prescription sun glasses soon. I just don't like some days how bright the sun is. It's blinding!

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I got my glasses in and I got to say I'm noticing a big difference in what I'm seeing.

robotking98
robotking98
124 posts
Nomad

I have them cause my vision is apparently not good enough to drive without them, which is a load of crap considering I can read a speed sign from a pretty good distance away.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I scored 20/15 on that vision test thingy at the doctor a few months ago.

I'd assume that I have excellent vision, considering that I can see anything out to well over 1000 yards, within reason of course.

I wore glasses when I was in third grade, but they were minor and my eyesight got better.

Only downside is that my eyes are like a broken camera lens, and constantly refocus. When in focus it's 20/15, when not in focus the world is a blur and I can't see anything more than a couple inches from my face.

Showing 31-45 of 130