ForumsThe TavernGlasses

130 19228
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Who's got them and why?
I had an eye exam today and will be having to get glasses for the first time for astigmatism in my right eye. I should get my glasses sometime after the holiday.

• 130 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

When I first put them on and walked around I had a strange feeling like I was half my height. Once I sat down I felt fine.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Do you know how strong your prescription is Mage?

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

no 20/20 vision but my whole family does and i have perfect vision but my mom would still have good vision but she got a diseases that affected her CNS

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Do you know how strong your prescription is Mage?

Not very strong. If it wasn't bothering me they wouldn't even bother prescribing them in the first place.

My prescription says
right +0.50 sphere -1.00 cylinder 110 axis
left +0.25 sphere -0.50 cylinder 070 axis
BLINDsniper1
BLINDsniper1
84 posts
Nomad

I am nearsighted and can only see blurs past about 10 feet. I have glasses but i usually wear contacts

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

My vision really sucks. I was in the car today and I couldn't even read the sign that was 20 feet in front of me. If I wear my glasses though for more then 2 hours I start to get a headache. I think I should go to the eye doctors again to see if my vision has changed and maybe I need some new glasses.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Oh yes, I definitely wear glasses. I'm officially 20/120. Wherever there's the big E, I can read the next line down and that's it, without glasses. I have double lens in my glasses as well. After I'm done with college, however, I'm getting LASIK so I don't have to wear them.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

I think I'm gonna get lenses soon, but I'm still unsure of that.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

@Freakenstein

I can read as far as the fourth line from the top.. I might get LASIK too.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

pfft. You guys and your "LASIK". I rather just wear normal glasses.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

This is the LASIK I want Matrix.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Eww.... I think I will have nightmares now since I clicked and actually watched that. I prefer to wear glasses then having my eyeball touched like that.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

OMG what a horrible video you scaried me...

Equansa
Equansa
25 posts
Nomad

i used to have glasses in my school-time. i had to go to the eye exam but didnt have anything with my eyes. my vision is very good but i got glasses because i thought it would look good lol

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Eww.... I think I will have nightmares now since I clicked and actually watched that. I prefer to wear glasses then having my eyeball touched like that.

Indeed. And I don't look as good without my glasses, LOL.

something about a laser directed at my eye just doesn't appease me!
Showing 46-60 of 130