ForumsThe TavernMillion Dollar Button

180 26240
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

If you had a button that gave you One Million Dollars at the expense of one random human life every time you pressed it, how many times would you press it?

I figure this will show human greed. You become richer by the press, but also destroy someone elses life. Not to mention there family and loved ones.

How many times would i press it? hehehehe...

All of this is hypothetical so no ones going ask you how you got rich.

• 180 Replies
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

I'd probably press it once. And then, after meeting the family/friends of the person who died, chances are I would feel so bad I would give all of my button money to them, and make it a lose-lose situation for everyone involved.

sk8brder246
sk8brder246
740 posts
Nomad

i wouls press it 6.6 billion times so then i could be the only person on the planet and a hot chick then that would be tight

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

This is like that one book (and movie) The Button.
A million dollars is a lot of money, but can you put a price on a person's life?

Muse2223
Muse2223
372 posts
Nomad

Even if I press it 10,000 times, it won't even compare to the number of people who die every hour.

No real loss.

MONEY, HERE I COME.

GunDragon
GunDragon
509 posts
Nomad

I shall press it a million times if the person who has to die will be unknown to me. If I do know the person then I won't press it.

skarl
skarl
250 posts
Nomad

I think I wouldn't press it. not only becouse it's not ethical, but also because this would make high inflation, wich makes even more inflation, and my million wouldn't be worth anything anymore.

locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

i'd press it about ten times

and to the people who said they'd press it here really wouldn't

i totally would there's a very minute chance it'd be someone i know

tangramfool
tangramfool
128 posts
Peasant

shall press it over 9000 times!!! :P
And I shall be the richest person on the whole entire planet!

No u wont because that would give u 9b and Bill Gates has 30b or somthing

BTW i might press it once because A) it almost certainly would be someone i dont know and B) random people die evry day
JDR3000
JDR3000
179 posts
Nomad

7 BILLION TIMES!!!!! scyke! 0 times.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I think I too would press it once. As many already stated, there's minimal chances somebody I care about would die, and with some luck I kill someone who would have been the author of at least one severe crime or murder. Also I'll probably never hear of that person. And frankly I can live with one million dollars and one unknown dead by my hand; I probably couldn't with two dead though.

IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

So by pressing this, it looks like it's the equivalent of being a hired assassin.

I probably wouldn't press it.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Would the money just appear or am I getting it from somewhere?

Inflation guise.

valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

I think of it like this. The world is over populated, correct? Thousands of people die from disease, malnutrition, injury, and just random crap every day. If there are approximately 7 billion people on this planet, of that number at least a quarter has to be either REALLY young or REALLY old. Another quarter is probably starving, or diseased. So that is approximately half the people on the planet. Also, tons of people die in random ways everyday, and people learn to suck it up and live with it.

If I got a million dollars, I would press the button around 4.5 billion times. That makes the human population around a managable level, kills a LOT of sick or otherwise dying people, and it opens up the job market considerably. I would most likely hit some communist big shot as well, so bonus points. I would most certainly kill someone I care about, but I would get over it. I just have that kind of a callous soul. So, just pray that I never get that button, you guys would be screwed.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

1. I reckon it's the opposite and
2. That includes you.

The only way I could agree with valkery's above post would be if he gave a ****load of cash to medical science and charities. I probably couldn't get over the death of some people, I'd just hope it wasn't them.

And what if you wiped out a whole country?
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

Bull Shet.

I would press it several times. Keep in mind this is hypothetical. The money would just appear as if you were always the owner.

You only have one life so you should have the opportunity to do whatever you can dream of. If I want to be an "Evil Overlord Harbinger of Death" and get paid for it, all the better.
Showing 46-60 of 180