ForumsThe TavernMillion Dollar Button

180 26241
SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

If you had a button that gave you One Million Dollars at the expense of one random human life every time you pressed it, how many times would you press it?

I figure this will show human greed. You become richer by the press, but also destroy someone elses life. Not to mention there family and loved ones.

How many times would i press it? hehehehe...

All of this is hypothetical so no ones going ask you how you got rich.

• 180 Replies
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

If you had a button that gave you One Million Dollars at the expense of one random human life every time you pressed it, how many times would you press it?
I figure this will show human greed. You become richer by the press, but also destroy someone elses life. Not to mention there family and loved ones.
How many times would i press it? hehehehe...
All of this is hypothetical so no ones going ask you how you got rich.

That is the plot of 'The Box' and judging from the movie it would depend on how the guy looks when he hands me it and if there is anything actualy working the button.
I think I would push it once and wait till the next day to see if the murder was in the papers then if it's not push t agian and everytime I do i hear a "Bing!" and the my bank would gain another 1 mill to it's account I put there.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

Real Test
Go ahead go try and not push that button. I would be very hard pressed not to push the button just to see what happens. If I pushed it once Id probably do it a lot too.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Real Test
Go ahead go try and not push that button.

I went there. I didn't press the button. For one, I don't know if it could be a potential virus for my computer or if it's some kind of rick roll or sax roll. Anything of the sort would annoy me.

I didn't find it hard not to press the button.

The million dollar button though. My statement still stands.
I would not press it since it would be the same thing as murdering somebody else for my own selfish needs/wants.
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

What would happen if you pressed the button so many times that you killed everybody in the world. Also, you're not creating money in the process - you're only redistributing capital.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Real Test
Go ahead go try and not push that button.

I pressed it. A lot. It just has like a 200 page cycle. Sort of fun to do. And anyways, I probably would press the button for a million dollars once.
silvermoon123
silvermoon123
855 posts
Nomad

That is the plot of 'The Box' and judging from the movie it would depend on how the guy looks when he hands me it and if there is anything actually working the button.

So that's where I recognize it from! I may press once or twice, because there's just so many terrible people out there, who knows who's dying? And a million dollars? Yeah...*runs*
valkery
valkery
1,255 posts
Nomad

I would not press it since it would be the same thing as murdering somebody else for my own selfish needs/wants.

Unless, you were pressing the button to end some world strife by killing off huge amounts of the population so they wouldn't have to starve. Of course, if you killed random people, planes would crash, and cars would be suddenly left without a driver, but it would all work out for the better. You would get the money as a sort of added bonus for ridding the world of some of it's disease, petitlence, hunger and strife.
SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

I'd press it maybe 2-3 times, then donate a large sum of money (like 100,000) to random people on the street to compensate. If I just kept all the money for myself, i'd feel terrible inside, so i'd give some away to improve random stranger's lives for the ones i ended.

CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

I pressed it. A lot. It just has like a 200 page cycle.

I went through the cycle twice. O_O
phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

I would press it once a week at a cycle of 2:30 Pm on wednesday 6:47 Am on thursday and on Mondays at 7:77 Am for a year... thats like 52 people a year, besides what if it was like... Kim Jong Il or something.

If I actually knew it killed someone innocent... I would either stop, or press it until it gets me...

Which points out, what if the first person was your pet horse names pookums

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

what if the first person was your pet horse names pookums

Well, considering it kills a person, i'd have to say pookums is perfectly safe.
phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

Horses are people too!!! But they are terrible people >.>

nooblet354
nooblet354
46 posts
Nomad

yeh its from a movie called the box but i couldent bring myself to press it

gamingboy2000
gamingboy2000
56 posts
Nomad

NO cos u dont know who it will be it could be me or you or sombody you like sombody you hate !!! there would be people mourning them.

urbanwolf232
urbanwolf232
784 posts
Peasant

once,cuz 1 million dollars is alot of money

Showing 61-75 of 180