ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Armatars

256 61349
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone,

Since we have a LOT of duplicate threads on Armatars, I'm creating this sticky post where users can discuss ideas about armatars.

We've stated several times that Dan is in charge of armatars at the moment, and that if you want new armatars to go let him know. We have several new ideas for armatars on AG3 that we'll discuss in this thread as we work on it.

For starters, we ARE going to allow custom armatars at some point. I'm not sure if it'll be there when AG3 launches, but it's a priority. We'll have strict requirements, probably something like being a member for more than 6 months, and have a certain number of points/achievements or a reputation level of a certain rank or something. The specifics are still being worked out. One idea is that at one level (points/achievements/reputation), you could upload an armatar that only you could use. At another level, you could unlock it for your friends to use. At another level, your followers, and at the highest level, make it available for anyone on the site. We've also discussed the idea of letting our most artistic users create entire *sets* of armatars for the site.

In AG3, all users will have a unique URL for their armatar, which they can use on other sites if they choose. We'll have a link on your dashboard that will show you what the URL is or how to download a high-quality version of the image.

All armatar uploads will be heavily scrutinized by human eyes before they go live on the site. Users who abuse the system by uploading an image against our Terms and Conditions and other rules and guidelines about images will be permanently banned from the site.

Anyhow, if you have other ideas, questions, suggestions, please place them here. If you see other users asking about AG3 armatars, please direct them back to this forum thread.

• 256 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

That's just, no. Just no.

That's way too much AP for some picture on this site. And AP will be different in AGv3. So, those numbers that you guys are pitching out won't even matter. AP will be given in achievements through games and other things around the site. Reputation and Karma will be good, when you get a certain amount of one or the other you unlock certain Armatars.

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Well, yeah. I heard from Cormyn(before he went mad) that you will only get 70 new AP if you are a king, so maybe if you have like 2,000 new AP, since it needs to be really hard.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Sorry, I got confused. I thought it was 10 points each ranking. I read that thread before, that is what I based it on. I just forgot the way it had went.

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

will their be a custome armatar when AG2 hits 1,000,000 users

psnz
psnz
130 posts
Peasant

will their be a custome armatar when AG2 hits 1,000,000 users

Here's hoping that AG3 will be live before that happens.
SiliconKnight
SiliconKnight
4 posts
Nomad

Can users upload armatar through their local hard drive?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Can users upload armatar through their local hard drive?

Currently, no.

If you read the post by cormyn on the first page he said that in AGv3 they'll have something were users will be able to upload custom Avatars.
Tassel
Tassel
42 posts
Nomad

i can't wait to see what happens with the armatars and what crazy stuff we can do!

sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

I hope the armatars that aren't availble now could come back because most of the armatars we have now aren't that good.

Darktroop07
Darktroop07
3,592 posts
Shepherd

why were the 1ap and 5 ap armatars taken away

BlackSkullDragon
BlackSkullDragon
161 posts
Peasant

why were the 1ap and 5 ap armatars taken away

The 1 and 5 AP armatars were the seasonal ones. Currently there are no seasonal armatars available because Carlie hasn't been active lately and she was the one that organized the contests were they were created.
TheGr8est
TheGr8est
704 posts
Nomad

But why did they take it away, if they were already out and stuff?
They should make a system on AG3 to sell Armatars for points won by achievments by doing well in a game

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

But why did they take it away, if they were already out and stuff?

It's self-explanatory. Carlie organized the whole thing and ran them. Kept track of them, Carlie leave = seasonal Armatar contests are gone.

The seasonal Armatars were only around for seasons and holidays. Like Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and so-on.
They should make a system on AG3 to sell Armatars for points won by achievments by doing well in a game

I prefer the idea of people getting them through reputation or karma points. So that they actually did something for them instead of getting points so easily.
Zamius
Zamius
2 posts
Nomad

cool i never knew what a armatar is until now actually i sorta knew just didn't get it

Showing 76-90 of 256