ForumsNews and FeedbackIdeas and Discussions about: Armatars

256 61247
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone,

Since we have a LOT of duplicate threads on Armatars, I'm creating this sticky post where users can discuss ideas about armatars.

We've stated several times that Dan is in charge of armatars at the moment, and that if you want new armatars to go let him know. We have several new ideas for armatars on AG3 that we'll discuss in this thread as we work on it.

For starters, we ARE going to allow custom armatars at some point. I'm not sure if it'll be there when AG3 launches, but it's a priority. We'll have strict requirements, probably something like being a member for more than 6 months, and have a certain number of points/achievements or a reputation level of a certain rank or something. The specifics are still being worked out. One idea is that at one level (points/achievements/reputation), you could upload an armatar that only you could use. At another level, you could unlock it for your friends to use. At another level, your followers, and at the highest level, make it available for anyone on the site. We've also discussed the idea of letting our most artistic users create entire *sets* of armatars for the site.

In AG3, all users will have a unique URL for their armatar, which they can use on other sites if they choose. We'll have a link on your dashboard that will show you what the URL is or how to download a high-quality version of the image.

All armatar uploads will be heavily scrutinized by human eyes before they go live on the site. Users who abuse the system by uploading an image against our Terms and Conditions and other rules and guidelines about images will be permanently banned from the site.

Anyhow, if you have other ideas, questions, suggestions, please place them here. If you see other users asking about AG3 armatars, please direct them back to this forum thread.

• 256 Replies
ManiacalMind
ManiacalMind
176 posts
Nomad

Like with everything else related to AGv3 Runescape, we'll have to wait to find out.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I don't think they're going to be adding some new ones any time soon, just because of all the work that they're putting into the new site, and the chances of them added every 50 points is unlikely, since there would need to be an immense amount of them available to chose from them.

mmmmmm now, I wouldn't say that....

Some armatars I think they should add are ones that you make, but you need to be of certain points to unlock it. It would be cool to make your own, and there would be an incentive to make more points.

Page one of this thread helps with this a lot. I for one would love to see how this will turn out. Like, how the outcome of letting users upload custom armatars will be. Worst case scenario, it won't like everyone, especially me, hoped.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We need to stay away from copyrighted images, so that excludes Pokemon, Fallen Sky, celebrities, etc.

And we won't allow animated gif's. We'll be converting all images to PNG format after they're uploaded to us.

We'll probably manually screen them to start, and then we'll let users report them and go from there.

ManiacalMind
ManiacalMind
176 posts
Nomad

I meant, I don't think they'll be adding anymore to this version of AG, because of the work they're putting into the other site, they'll probably add them to the other site when it's out of beta.

Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

And we won't allow animated gif's. We'll be converting all images to PNG format after they're uploaded to us.

Awww.....
exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Yeah, they are really in depth in the AG3 stuff, so they won't make it in AG2 if they even change the armatar stuff. They will change it in AG3, if they will make it.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I rather like these armatars, I see no reason as to make people put up their own images.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

I agree. I used to support the idea for the whole idea of out own avatars, but I starting to really like the originality of AG only armatars.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I read through this thread and haven't seen this suggested yet:

Will the seasonal Armatars that used to be on the site be available for use on AGv3?
If the seasonal Armatars are available then I suggest that users would have to get a certain amount of reputation or karma points to unlock certain seasons.

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

Yeah, nice amount og Karma points would be good.

sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

Could you make more armatars that are good because some of tham aren't so good?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald
Jasonroyse
Jasonroyse
5 posts
Peasant

YEa... i really agree that they should make more armatars.... like when you have 50000 AP you shold get something epically awesome!

SenorCactus
SenorCactus
22 posts
Nomad

Amen sister

exicoasterpath
exicoasterpath
257 posts
Nomad

Not 50,000 AP. The only person who has been even dedicated enough(if you want to call it that) to get 50,000 has been firetail_madness, and he blew out the rest of the competition by about 16,000 AP. So, maybe 20 grand, or 25 grand. If at least 100 users have gotten over 50,000 AP, they might add one for that. But until that time, probably not.(it would be a bit unfair for only one person to have that privilege).

Showing 61-75 of 256