ForumsThe TavernAre we becoming too dependent on computers?

100 19384
DaoGao
DaoGao
220 posts
Nomad

Well, what do you think?

• 100 Replies
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

we wouldn't know how to function without them is the point

RugganBor
RugganBor
563 posts
Nomad

Yes. Mankind is indeed becoming dependent on computers. How much match could you actually do without a calculator?

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

I can do most math by myself. I only need a calculator for very advanced things. However, most of the people I know can't even add without one. Children, teens and, adults alike.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

Hm, are we dependent on computers? Yes and no in some regards.
Are we spending a LOT of time on the Internet? Yeah we are.
However, this is not necessarily a bad thing:
The Internet allows us to do so much, like talk to friends, watch the news, watch T.v, play games, reach new heights in sciences and etc. The computer is just a single device that allows us to access this grand thing.
A lot of people are still active, so technology (specifically the internet and computes) are not that bad of a problem. While yes, there are many people who aren't active because of technology that doesn't mean we all are. Take me for example: I am very into sports, but I do like texting, playing games, and all that good stuff as well.

How much match could you actually do without a calculator?

A lot, actually!
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

However, most of the people I know can't even add without one. Children, teens and, adults alike.

Wow, really? That's pretty sad.

I can do lots of math with no calculator, it's just a calculator usually gets the answers faster.

But that's not the topic. The topic is computers. I think that we might not be dependent on computers, just addicted.
duhcornmaster
duhcornmaster
64 posts
Nomad

I find it funny looking at all the users that posted here about us being too dependent on computers that have over 500 pts you must be pretty addicted to this site. but it's ok... i'm addicted too =D

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

sure. But that's just because it's really fun.

SupaLegit
SupaLegit
644 posts
Nomad

I find it funny looking at all the users that posted here about us being too dependent on computers that have over 500 pts you must be pretty addicted to this site. but it's ok... i'm addicted too =D

You know that 500 AP is nothing right?
But yes, I very much to this awesome site!
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

have over 500 pts you must be pretty addicted to this site.

What if you get 1 AP every two day for 2.7 years?

Anyways 500 AP is nothing.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

We have an over-dependence on many different technologies we have developed... which requires the development of more technologies which we then develop a dependence on.

Well, I guess a great deal of our actions are done with or have been aided by some sort of technology. Yes, we are very dependent on our computers. How much is too much? I'm not quite certain.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Well your saying this like its a bad thing, we may be dependent on computers for most of our daily life, but that just makes it better. Without computers we wouldn't have most the technology we have today and we wouldn't have Armor Games

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Without computers we wouldn't have most the technology we have today[quote]

I wouldn't say most, especially since life back before the integrated circuit wasn't prehistory. Though, a great deal of our current world owes existence to that technological revolution.

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

I wouldn't say most, especially since life back before the integrated circuit wasn't prehistory. Though, a great deal of our current world owes existence to that technological revolution.

i would. without it computers are inexistant and computers are integrated with just about 100% of any item in todays world. if there isnt a computer in it, then it was designed/made by a computer
ArmorL3gend
ArmorL3gend
239 posts
Peasant

I think that in the future a lot jobs will require computing skills.

sasquatchcarrot
sasquatchcarrot
189 posts
Nomad

and what do you think will happen a few years after most people will have jobs for computing skills? those computing skills will be the computers job, not theirs. HAHA

Showing 31-45 of 100