ForumsThe TavernAre we becoming too dependent on computers?

100 19382
DaoGao
DaoGao
220 posts
Nomad

Well, what do you think?

• 100 Replies
RainbowKitteh
RainbowKitteh
6 posts
Nomad

maybe we are... (i havent been outside in my backyard in months... all i ever do to go outside is when i have to... :&lt

aksuperstar
aksuperstar
59 posts
Nomad

we are overly dependent on computers, i mean, we use computers for everything, without computers, we wouldn't be living like this.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

that's my point...

It didn't seem like you were making a point there.

I still don't find saying that computers are integrated with just about 100% of any item to be wise.
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Computers are good, but by the time they are too good, we may be in trouble.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,467 posts
Nomad

Computers are good, but by the time they are too good, we may be in trouble.

Super intelligent computers, with their own minds...? We are constantly innovating our soon to be death! Maybe.
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

@knight

wise has nothing to do with it its just true. ok ill give you third world countries they are poor and can't afford it (compared to us)

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

wise has nothing to do with it its just true.

Hmm.. Let me reword that: You are saying that 100% of any item is integrated with computers. Why is that true? Do I need to cite an example of something that isn't integrated with an electronic device?

can't afford it (compared to us)

You know, quite a few of "us" come from those third world countries. That's irrelevant though.
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

You know, quite a few of "us" come from those third world countries. That's irrelevant though.

good point, but they earn more money over here that's why they come.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

good point, but they earn more money over here that's why they come.

Yes, but then that's irrelevant to the point I'm contending. I know they wish to flock to the first world.

If you're going to dodge my question one more time I will abate. Why did you say 100% of all items are integrated with electronic devices/computers?
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

because just about 100% of items are

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

because just about 100% of items are

Right, what would you define as being an item? I'm sure my oven isn't integrated with any of electronics. I'm also sure my toothpaste isn't either... or my shoes.
Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

i don't mean to say that they are integrated with computers. I'm saying that a computer has impacted, either directly or indirectly, those items. for instance im sure a computer was used to design the oven and definitely the shoes. also, computers control the machines that are used to fill toothpaste bottles in the factory.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

i don't mean to say that they are integrated with computers. I'm saying that a computer has impacted, either directly or indirectly, those items. for instance im sure a computer was used to design the oven and definitely the shoes. also, computers control the machines that are used to fill toothpaste bottles in the factory.

You still aren't taking into account things that are hand-made. I'll accept that the use of computers has streamlined the processes involved in creating many goods and services, but you can't definitely say that someone used a computer to impact the creation of every single item in existence.

In response to the OP, The Feeling of Power.
Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

if it wasnt for computers i will never have contact with my gf and without my gf i would die so therfor computers need to be depended on

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

You still aren't taking into account things that are hand-made. I'll accept that the use of computers has streamlined the processes involved in creating many goods and services, but you can't definitely say that someone used a computer to impact the creation of every single item in existence.

i can accept that. there are some things that are made by hand, but the majority of today's products are not. also if computers just vanished, worldwide production would drop to a fraction of what it is today.
Showing 61-75 of 100