ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 74997
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I feel like you're having a go at me there because you're quoting me when you're actually backing me u- BEDTIME

Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

Alright, I vote devoidless! Vote him! Vote him!

Calvin, you're making the wrong joke about someone who is clearly not in the mood.
--
As for the whole hemispheres thing, I was refering to the laymans basic knowlege of 'North and South is hemisphere (stupid grin)'
Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

This topic...is actually pretty terrible.

zonic98
zonic98
547 posts
Nomad

Cormyn said this Is legit.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

In fact, I'm pretty bothered by both ends of this ordeal.

Let's just say that true colors are coming through.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

I still think it's a joke, not because it's about de-modding someone, but because the users get to vote. If, as the OP says, there's been much friction between moderators and users, then surely the admins and moderators would all know who was involved and why, and wouldn't need to have a vote.

Also, aren't all mods working voluntarily? If so, I fail to see how they could need to fire moderators. I mean, if one moderator was causing trouble, that'd be another thing, but this isn't about a specific mod, it's about any mod.

And #1 reason why I think it's a joke: The voting is open until the end of the month. The results will likely be revealed on the first of next month. The first of April. April Fools day.

I'm also going to add that I think this is kinda cruel, whether it's a joke or not.

If it isn't a joke, being de-modded because of a vote is really going to sting.
If it is a joke, people's opinions are still going to be out there. It's sort of like overhearing when someone makes fun of you behind your back, it's just worse because you know they mean it.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

It especially sucks because Voidy logged on recently and saw everything.

If it is a joke, now we know the mod that everyone likes the least.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

Zophia's going to get me! AHH!

Like the mantis, she will omnomnomnom your skull.

its not that people don't like devoidless... they just don't know him and for whatever reason feel that they need to vote. ...so vote for the guy you don't know and save the other people that you do know. or they're voting him off b/c they think its a joke. Abstinence is key

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTmUBBLhGi_skMxHVGqljiClZLIHHwFoUx_aPBgLDuMUx8TwpzYg&t=1

STAND TOGETHER!!!!
(courtesy of Disney's Dinasaur)

I'm having fun w/ it b/c I think someone else out there is too
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

1. All the people who voted for Devoidless just voted for him, 5 pages of people would not be informed of a "joke"

2. I have never heard of or seen a joke quite like this before on Armor Games.

3. There is in reality, a lot of friction between the Moderators and the users! Don't believe me? Go to Cormyns or Asherlee's profile and click on View all comments, you can see on just these two profiles that there is a lot of disrespect, anger, rudeness, aggravation, and of course bitter sarcasm.

4. Maybe of course, having the users choose which moderator to fire is not a good idea. A grudge or a bad feeling from the past will greatly influence which moderator they choose. E.G. Moderator 1 locked User 2's account 3 years ago. User 2 will vote for Moderator 1 just because Moderator 1 did his or her's job.

My summary of this whole thing, is that don't vote for a moderator just because you got in trouble or banned or something! The moderators were users (Actually they still are) just like myself and everyone else, the same rules apply to them as they do to everyone else. So don't go voting them down just because your got a bad break somewhere along the line.

The moderators are just doing there job, and that is upholding the rules and regulations that have been placed here by the Admin.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

2. I have never heard of or seen a joke quite like this before on Armor Games.

You haven't been here long enough. There was something similar in April 2009.

3. There is in reality, a lot of friction between the Moderators and the users! Don't believe me? Go to Cormyns or Asherlee's profile and click on View all comments, you can see on just these two profiles that there is a lot of disrespect, anger, rudeness, aggravation, and of course bitter sarcasm.

This is about intra-moderator friction. The friction between the mods and the users is just idiot users (there are a lot of them) complaining about losing points because their spam got deleted.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

The friction between the mods and the users is just idiot users (there are a lot of them) complaining about losing points because their spam got deleted.
This is true, but still, giving these spammers the right to vote down whichever moderator they want is just asking for trouble! These (for example) spammers will vote down whoever deleted their spam, just because they can't accept the rules and regulations that have been set for them to follow.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

If this is actually serious then I can't imagine what their reaction to this is going to be. I mean they're going to be so pissed at all the spam on their profiles lol.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg7TFyY40pQRwSKqiiXw7PhB7iiowR6x8rV9-aEokZKSPiJFbMQw

so lets pop ourselves a bowl and see what happens.

but on a side note... do the other admins ...other than jrroyster and Cormyn ...ever have contact w/ their user base or do they just get their name cited when their judgement has been passed on an issue? ( a formspring w/ 20 minutes once a week of answering random questions would make you more personable in my humble opinion)

I'd asked one of them about their running a marathon (twas my dream to run ultra marathons till I got hurt :'(((( )... and didn't get anything back. guess they're too busy (which is understandable b/c everyone has lives, work, and projects they have to deal w/... take the mods for example)

haven't given up on getting a reply tho.... I'll wait till the end of time if I have to

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

This is true, but still, giving these spammers the right to vote down whichever moderator they want is just asking for trouble! These (for example) spammers will vote down whoever deleted their spam, just because they can't accept the rules and regulations that have been set for them to follow.

Yes, I bet Alt (and all of us non-spammers with brains) know that already.

The vote against you was mostly a joke.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

All you kids are already suggesting other kids to fill in the gap?

Pretty sure my name was suggested, and looking at your profile, I'm older then you.

I believe that was suggested as one possible reason why this is being done.

I'm also going to add that I think this is kinda cruel, whether it's a joke or not.

I happen to agree. If it is I just hope they have a really good punchline cooked up.

so lets pop ourselves a bowl and see what happens.

It would seem that's about all we can do at this point. I've fired off a bunch of questions about this that aren't getting answered. <_< So the only thing to do is wait and see what happens.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I believe that was suggested as one possible reason why this is being done.

I was thinking about that early on.

All you kids are already suggesting other kids to fill in the gap?

That's Kevin. Or did anyone else fling suggestions that i haven't read of?

Prior to my hiatus a lot of discussions about how the mods were doing their job terribly, how we needed more mods, how the current ones were stupid powertrippers and so on were cropping up. Partially on here, partially on other sites with a high concentration of AGers. It was downright awful and also did play a part in my going away for a while. It may be stuff on the internet, but it still hurts to watch people ***** about how badly you're doing a job you volunteer for.

What other sites? I'm assuming these people are a bunch of sluggish idiots.
Showing 136-150 of 423