ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 74991
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

What noobs? Nobody has ever complained about the mods ever.

When you go through the Moderator's profile comments you'll see people complaining about things.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Devoidless hasn't done anything. How can you vote him off for being inactive and then claiming it is because he is a ******.

No one called him a "******", most people voting for him don't even know who he is.

In these past months, have you had problem with the mods?

I'm not sure if that question was directed towards me because you quoted me, but like i just said I have never had a problem. I trust armor games ability to only employ competent moderators.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

No one called him a "******", most people voting for him don't even know who he is.

I mean a ******bag. He isn't a ******bag so why vote him? All he is is inactive.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

He isn't a ******bag so why vote him?

I really don't see how any of them are ******bags.
Voting for someone inactive won't due away with the tension that Gantic said in his post. All it will do is reduce the Moderator team one by one.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

I really don't see how any of them are ******bags.
Voting for someone inactive won't due away with the tension that Gantic said in his post. All it will do is reduce the Moderator team one by one.

Exactly.

Where I come from, there was this mod, Scornic, who banned for the slightest thing, but everyone hated him.

All the mods and admins, however, praised him for doing his job. He later resigned because of the community, but he did his job right and that's all that matters.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

This isn't the community's decision, i haven't seen anything on the forums against moderators, this is completely armor games.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I keep going back to the thread and i keep seeing people with less than 10 posts commenting and it's kind of annoying me because they just want the popular decision. If the votes were hidden until the results were released, most of them wouldn't vote due to the fact that they don't know any moderators.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

A couple other possibilities have been suggested. So we have.

1. bad joke (it is out of character and similar jokes have been pulled in the past)
2. it's for real (the mods seemed to be genuinely peeved about it)
3. it's an uncommon way of testing for a new mod (maybe using a joke as a test)
4. a ploy to get the inactive mods in gear (we did see more mod activity shortly after)

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Mage, I think it is real. Cormyn has commented several times on NoName and NoName and MrWalker have both resigned and seem pretty pissed off.

I voted Gantic as my final decision because honestly, he started this whole waste of time.

Cormyn should really hire at least 8 more mods for AG3. That would solve a lot.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

1. bad joke (it is out of character and similar jokes have been pulled in the past)
2. it's for real (the mods seemed to be genuinely peeved about it)
3. it's an uncommon way of testing for a new mod (maybe using a joke as a test)
4. a ploy to get the inactive mods in gear (we did see more mod activity shortly after)

I really don't see how this could test for a new Moderator. Can you explain, Mage?
I voted Gantic as my final decision because honestly, he started this whole waste of time.

cormyn told Gantic to do it. He was simply following orders.
Cormyn should really hire at least 8 more mods for AG3. That would solve a lot.

It really would. Having more Moderators on the site would just obliterate all the rule breaking that goes on.
BlackSkullDragon
BlackSkullDragon
161 posts
Peasant

I must say that if this Mod firing is real it would be the worst decision that I have seen the Admins make. To me, the Mods do a great job considering all of the things they have to take care off (Spammy game comments, advertising, duplicate threads, threads created in the wrong section, handing out merits, mediating in user fights, dealing with questions that have been answered hundreds of times,etc) and their also real people with real lives, personal relationships, jobs and bills to pay. Firing one of them will probably lead to some of his colleagues and a bunch of other users (including me) quitting the site.
Now, if this is a joke, I find it to be a really sick one. If the Mods know about it, well, first of all they are really good actors and second of all my respect to them will take a big hit. If they don't know, then the game being played by the Admins is truly disturbing.
For all of this reasons I have not voted and I don't intend to so.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

cormyn told Gantic to do it. He was simply following orders.

I don't see why Cormyn can't do it.
It really would. Having more Moderators on the site would just obliterate all the rule breaking that goes on.

There should be a hierarchy, too. Having assistant moderators who can only lock threads but not ban people would be fine if you don't want to grant someone full modship too early.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I don't see why Cormyn can't do it.

cormyn has a newborn child and can't get on the site much. Well, that's the only reason that I can come up with.
Having assistant moderators who can only lock threads but not ban people would be fine if you don't want to grant someone full modship too early.

If you can trust them with some powers then why not trust them with full Moderator powers?
^That's what you'll get asked by the Admins, mods and some users around the site.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

cormyn has a newborn child and can't get on the site much. Well, that's the only reason that I can come up with.

I suppose. That's why we need more mods. I nominate you, MageGrayWolf, Freakenstein, and knight_34 as the first people to be modded.

They are fairly active and are well-liked by the community.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

If you can trust them with some powers then why not trust them with full Moderator powers?
^That's what you'll get asked by the Admins, mods and some users around the site.

I'm pretty sure the mods can come up with a better one than that. That's like saying, well, "since he can manage a branch of this company, maybe he should manage the entire company."

No. Let the admins see if he is ready to become a mod.
Showing 106-120 of 423