ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 74989
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

knight_34

No not me, I already got handed a one day for that "Hello to myself" incident.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

No not me, I already got handed a one day for that "Hello to myself" incident.

Hmm. Well, you would be down for the count already, if you were from XGen.

I think the mods can overlook that, and plus, when did you get a one day ban?
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Last month. It's a thinly veiled secret that I'm fourteen. I have others things I need to do, and moderation would stretch beyond the spare time I have.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If they have this mod vote out thread then shouldn't there be a mod vote in thread?
It's basically the same thing. You're giving users the power to vote out a mod in this thread, and if there's a mod vote in thread then you give users the power to nominate a mod.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I really don't see how this could test for a new Moderator. Can you explain, Mage?

It was an idea suggested by Sonatavarius
"I wonder if the admin team are using this to see if any mature individuals step forth as the voice of reason so as to use them as replacements for the mods that may or may not be leaving.... (and that are in on the loop and just being a good actor atm...)"

It would be good to see who actually cares about this place and who is just putting on an act in hopes of being a mod.

I must say that if this Mod firing is real it would be the worst decision that I have seen the Admins make. To me, the Mods do a great job considering all of the things they have to take care off

True, as I had said before most places this size tend to run with at least almost twice as many mods as this place has.
Efan
Efan
3,086 posts
Nomad

I do have an idea for Moderator time efficiency.Why not just appoint a few mods from both hemispheres? It would be quite practical having people who can go do their daily bussiness while someone from the other heisphere is cleaning spam in the evening or morning.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

zophia and cenere are both from across the world (Denmark so they say)... strop is from Australia. The rest are from the US I think... sorry if I'm wrong. People get busy w/ real life... there just needs to be more mods rather than less mods. but that's my humble opinion (HA-OOOOOOOH!!!!!)

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I nominate you, MageGrayWolf, Freakenstein, and knight_34 as the first people to be modded.

I'm likely considered to rough around the edges to be a mod. Though I do have previous (but short lived) experience as both a mod and admin.

Maybe alt could have a shot. He's been here a while and is rather well known and liked, and seems to be pretty mature. I think if he was modded he would be the youngest mod we would have.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I think if he was modded he would be the youngest mod we would have.

Yep, he would be the youngest by a few years. I'll ask him what he thinks about that next time I see him on CT.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I nominate you, MageGrayWolf, Freakenstein, and knight_34 as the first people to be modded.

I'm not mod material, to be honest.
Why not just appoint a few mods from both hemispheres?

It'll be difficult to find users from different parts of the world that are fill the requirements of a mod.
there just needs to be more mods rather than less mods.

Having less mods on the site is going to increase work for the admins of the site.
Maybe alt could have a shot. He's been here a while and is rather well known and liked, and seems to be pretty mature. I think if he was modded he would be the youngest mod we would have.

He would be, I think. The youngest that has been modded thus far on AG was dank, he was 15 when he got modded.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

[quote]I blame the noobs that whine too much. The moderators do an excellent job.
What noobs? Nobody has ever complained about the mods ever. [/quote]
This isn't the community's decision, i haven't seen anything on the forums against moderators

Prior to my hiatus a lot of discussions about how the mods were doing their job terribly, how we needed more mods, how the current ones were stupid powertrippers and so on were cropping up. Partially on here, partially on other sites with a high concentration of AGers. It was downright awful and also did play a part in my going away for a while. It may be stuff on the internet, but it still hurts to watch people ***** about how badly you're doing a job you volunteer for.

Why not just appoint a few mods from both hemispheres?
*waves*
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

HI ZOPHY DID YOU KNOW DENMARK IS IN THE SAME HEMISPHERE AS THE USA? :L

This thread is full of derp and derp accessories.

And Efan, did you know Australia and Japan share at least one timezone and 2 hemispheres? :P

They probably know that people'll vote for someone they dislike.

And if they're disliked by a user whats to say they aren't causing friction in the mod team?

By the way, Zoph, if you are acting, your first post in this thread was terrible.
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Hemispheres go on more than on axis. Dur.

All you kids are already suggesting other kids to fill in the gap? Like you could handle it. It's not al fun and friggin' games. You're the target of bitter attacks for no reason. People never trust your judgements. You need to make important decisionsand do tedious tasks. It's -work-. You children couldn't handle it.

All I can say is that some of you better hope I'm fired. Otherwise I'm never taking my hounds off your heels.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

He said "both" hemispheres. That generally refers to Northern and Southern.

All I can say is that some of you better hope I'm fired. Otherwise I'm never taking my hounds off your heels.

lol, a few minutes after I commented on your profile I was mysteriously logged out :P
IcyIndia
IcyIndia
1,344 posts
Nomad

He said "both" hemispheres. That generally refers to Northern and Southern.

Time zones don't run north and south....
Showing 121-135 of 423