ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 74995
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

That's Kevin. Or did anyone else fling suggestions that i haven't read of?

I made an offhand suggestion of alt.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Yes, I bet Alt (and all of us non-spammers with brains) know that already.
You kinda missed my point. Read my other post, i am going against the newbie users and trolls that do not follow the rules and regulations. I forgot to add that. Please accept my apologies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Maybe alt could have a shot. He's been here a while and is rather well known and liked, and seems to be pretty mature. I think if he was modded he would be the youngest mod we would have.

I got a one-day for the Great Flame - Strop thought it was funny, Zoph not so much DX - so I doubt it.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Let me preface this post by saying you guys are making too many assumptions.

No one said users have the final say. This has to go through cormyn first. Some of you are also disqualifying your own vote.

And another thing, there is no such thing as intra-moderator friction, except any bad feelings directed at me after I posted the thread. I don't know where you guys came up with that.

And three, we won't need more moderators or a large moderation team in the future. Please read cormyn's post. No more questions on that.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

And another thing, there is no such thing as intra-moderator friction, except any bad feelings directed at me after I posted the thread. I don't know where you guys came up with that.

Zoph has directly said that nasty things were said in the moderator forum leading up to this. Does that not count as intra-moderator friction?
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Oh, gosh. I just talked with someone who just voted with the majority, and does not even know what a Mod is. That makes me sort of mad.

TruthfulLiar
TruthfulLiar
13 posts
Nomad

and does not even know what a Mod is.

If you read what I said properly; you would understand more.

I said I didn't know who the mod was, not what a mod is, of course I know what a moderator is.
I also had my reasons, which I posted on your profile, I didn't just go with the majority.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Zoph has directly said that nasty things were said in the moderator forum leading up to this.

Yep, I remember that.
I just talked with someone who just voted with the majority, and does not even know what a Mod is.

Of course. When newcomers to the Forums and site vote for someone in the majority, it's because some of the older users and users with large posts count voted for them. It's just them following the crowed which is really stupid.
At least vote for someone in reasoning instead of voting for the majority.
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I'm not voting because I don't feel that I know the Moderators enough to make that kind of judgement.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

You guys really need to learn how to read. Go back and read it again.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Some nasty things have been said in the mod forum and it ... wasn't pretty. And I'm all out of the loop of things (hiatusing sucks), apparently it's been brewing for a while and then suddenly Ian and Gantic went with this ridiculous voting thing and I don't even know what or why it couldn't be resolved in discussions or why a voting was considered a good idea. D:

. . . now then, what exactly am I failing to comprehend here?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

its not that people don't like devoidless... they just don't know him and for whatever reason feel that they need to vote. ...so vote for the guy you don't know and save the other people that you do know. or they're voting him off b/c they think its a joke. Abstinence is key

Most of us that voted early on thought it was a joke and tried to get the thread moving by voting.
Go back and read it again.

I did. There's nothing wrong with what Alt said.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

. . . now then, what exactly am I failing to comprehend here?

- After the whole thing started up.
Some people have short fuses when it comes to users with no brains, other people have short fuses when they feel they have basically been betrayed.
I am just sad to see it go to the profiles and other threads as well...
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Show me where it says this all happened before I posted the sticky. Ellipsis really is lost on you guys.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

To be honest, I am a little unsure about this...
When you sort out the votes for the "absent" and the "jokes" and the "Follow the leader", you get a pretty clear image of... dislike towards certain mods.
Just like posts here show a certain self image for some users.
That we are still not doing good enough...

Showing 151-165 of 423