ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 75001
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

- After the whole thing started up.
Some people have short fuses when it comes to users with no brains, other people have short fuses when they feel they have basically been betrayed.
I am just sad to see it go to the profiles and other threads as well...

Show me where it says this all happened before I posted the sticky. Ellipsis really is lost on you guys.

She also said that it had been brewing for a while :<
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

And if they're disliked by a user whats to say they aren't causing friction in the mod team?

Disliking someone because they enforce the rules is idiotic. 'Tis why I think some people in that thread voted for Cenere.
She also said that it had been brewing for a while

CountingTime?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

CountingTime?

Maybe, but I think just the conflict in general. Clarification would be nice, but meh.

I'm still thinking this is a joke, but since it's being taken seriously we might as well discuss the situation. The mod team was being this srsfaic about the Strop resignment as well.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

You may lay down if you wish, Cen. Just don't forget about the world, because the world may need your much-needed help in a while. Sleeping pills help though \\o/
(also, I c wat u did thar)

Hey um, guize, how come we are even discussing in this thread? I mean, yeah, I came here, but only to correct a couple skewed views. Is it not so much that we can't go with the flow and only participate in said voting thread? Because it clearly shows that this is doing more harm than good. And if we were all psychiatrists, we would all be given the pink slip! I posted in that thread very early on, on the notion that it was still a joke. I even commented on Voidy's profile, still thinking this was for laughs (us voting for a removal of a mod? lol!). I'm still skeptical. But ehh....regardless of whether this is fact or fiction, why must we be all "9/11 conspiracy" about it? This isn't normally how we act, so why must the "OH NO YOU DINT" receptors in our brains forcibly trigger on and left there like we took a swig of methamphetamines?

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

ohai frank, this is AG.

The only funny thing about this joke is watching respected users apologize

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

This is getting way out of control, something needs to get fixed!! What are the users so upset about? The users have nothing to be upset about except the other users! This is just turning into a huge mess. Sorry Administration, this was a bad idea

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

To be honest, I am a little unsure about this...
When you sort out the votes for the "absent" and the "jokes" and the "Follow the leader", you get a pretty clear image of... dislike towards certain mods.
Just like posts here show a certain self image for some users.
That we are still not doing good enough...

Oh I suppose this will sound idiotic in retrospect, however, I feel a need to speak up in a much more open manner. I've been hanging around the outside and watching the forums, and a few profiles, and really, I haven't said much, maybe a tid bit here and there, but not in the way I usually do things. So, allow me to be frank (regardless of how stupid I sound).

First off I would like to express my extreme distaste for the voting that has been set up. This method has been poorly managed, and was a poor idea from the beginning. To bring this out to the public of Armor Games was a mistake, it has sewn wild rumours and has proven that many of the users are simply either immature or have a pathetic grudge against members of the Moderation community. I for one will cast no vote because I have never had a problem with how things on this website has been run, and the moderators are often fair and well reasoned in any action they take.

Secondly the idea that the moderators are doing a poor job is perposturous. I do not care how many people repeat this absurd idea that the mods cannot do a good enough job. I would like those of you who think this to consider this: Many of these mods have a life outside AG, in fact that life will 99.9% of the time come before this website. They are only doing this part time, as far as I am aware. The mods have always been fair and oftent times overly fair to some users. They're not robots, and they make mistakes, you either can accept that or stfu.

This is not directed to any one, or any group in particular I'm merely offering my views on what I believe is a most ridiculous situation.

-Wolf
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Secondly the idea that the moderators are doing a poor job is perposturous. I do not care how many people repeat this absurd idea that the mods cannot do a good enough job. I would like those of you who think this to consider this: Many of these mods have a life outside AG, in fact that life will 99.9% of the time come before this website. They are only doing this part time, as far as I am aware. The mods have always been fair and oftent times overly fair to some users. They're not robots, and they make mistakes, you either can accept that or stfu.

This. We have a fantastic mod team here, and the community is very well tended-to despite the size of the team.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I still think this is a joke. Gantic has said that it has to go through with Cormyn first... what then is the purpose of a vote if the vote may go unheeded? If it were true and administration was wanting the public's view of the mod squad members then we would be told to give a reason behind our vote and to cite threads for evidence of power abuse. ...so as to give them a good picture of everything.

some more conspiracy theories... maybe Asherlee, the psychologist, is doing a social experiment and psychoanalyzing all of us O_______o (GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!) for like a (future)thesis or something (craps and giggles maybeh?) and just got everyone else to play along.

maybe its some devious way to identify and record all the names of those who might cause trouble for future reference?

...or the mods just wanted to know where they stood

"Firing" is such a strong word... you coulda said... we've got to let someone go... (or something like that)

For the mods... The Mission is to fight, to be free again, to stand their ground, and to be immortal. If this is legit... I hope no1 gets too angry and leaves... and is thus Lost Forever ... to a lot of us they're friends... but to some little kiddies they're Superheroes . Alls I know is that this event has marked The End of This Chapter for this era in the AG community. ...yes... I just spoke through song titles. (did you think I would go this long w/o making a music reference?...and I'm totally taking the issue seriously even tho it might not sound like it...but then again what am I gonna do besides not vote?)

...and thanks Mage for acknowledging me earlier... I was beginning to think the mods/admins had a power that made it so that someone could talk all they wanted w/o anyone seeing what they wrote (except for maybe mods and admins). That would be such a terribly hilarious tool to make. and by that I mean they need to do just that (who says admins shouldn't troll?)

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

The only "friction" between moderators and users that i see has been caused by this vote.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

The only "friction" between moderators and users that i see has been caused by this vote.

Other than the aforementioned whiny spammers asking why their spammy posts got deleted, that is exactly what I've been thinking.

Sorry AG, but joke or not, this was a bad idea from the start.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

Guys! I just realized something!!

Strop says he is planning to want to be de-modded. Since he is leaving, why don't we all vote for him!

(No offense to Strop)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Strop says he is planning to want to be de-modded. Since he is leaving, why don't we all vote for him!

Voting for someone that is already leaving won't solve the tension that they speak of.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

Voting for someone that is already leaving won't solve the tension that they speak of.

But cormyn said "Plus moderators like Strop go on to bigger and better things like becoming a doctor, and aren't active any more, so why not free up that spot so someone else can eventually fill the role after AG3 launches." Like Strop. See what I mean here?
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Yeah, but that still doesn't get rid of the "tension."

Still assuming all this is real, of course.

Showing 166-180 of 423