ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 75000
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

But cormyn said "Plus moderators like Strop go on to bigger and better things like becoming a doctor, and aren't active any more, so why not free up that spot so someone else can eventually fill the role after AG3 launches." Like Strop. See what I mean here?

He said that because Strop is already leaving the site in a few weeks or months. Voting for him WON'T do away with the tension that Gantic say there is. So it's completely retarded to vote for someone that doesn't come around much. Like how these people are just voting for Devoidless because he is inactive. It doesn't solve ANYTHING within the Moderator team. If they clarified on the tension then we could vote accurately, but like this, we cannot.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

that Gantic say there is

"The administration has come to the conclusion that the current Moderation Team is infeasible and inefficient."

The admins think that. But I agree. They need to clarify on the friction.
mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
315 posts
Nomad

This vote is pointless. If a Mod is "let go" they are still going to be on the site, which solves nothing

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If a Mod is "let go" they are still going to be on the site, which solves nothing

They won't have Moderator powers.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

They won't have Moderator powers.

They could cause chaos without moderator powers but then they can be stopped i guess.
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
185 posts
Nomad

So wait, if we vote twice both our replies get disqualified? So if you believed it was a joke, and don't actually want any part of this, you could vote again and solve that problem?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

So wait, if we vote twice both our replies get disqualified? So if you believed it was a joke, and don't actually want any part of this, you could vote again and solve that problem?
I wouldn't recommend that. Cormyn said he would ban anyone who violated the rule of that forum
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
185 posts
Nomad

Where does he say that? Not in his post on the official thread...

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Just post again asking to disqualify your previous vote, thats what i did.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I was previously unaware that people would get banned for voiding in that manner.... >____> oopsies.... so... Gantic seems to be a somewhat trustworthy fellow. I'm sure that if you request it that he'll remove it. if they want an accurate vote then the joke spam should be allowed to be removed upon a change of heart.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I wouldn't recommend that. Cormyn said he would ban anyone who violated the rule of that forum
OOps! I messed up. Gantic said that he will remove all posts from the same account. I messed up! Sorry!
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

There are two possibilities this is legit or it's a bad joke for April fools.

I would go for the latter. There are mods that are inactive so the administration doesn't need us tell them that (most votes are against inactive mods). But if they release news on April 1 then you know it's an April fools joke. I didn't vote since I don't believe in it and I respect all mods equally.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Hmm. This reminds me of Watchmen. The graffiti on the wall when the Comedian breaks up a block party that says "Who Watches the watchmen?"

Who moderates the mods?

Well, regardless, I still don't know what or who to believe.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Who moderates the mods?

The administrators probably.
Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

I saw that thread and thought "Holy crap this is like survivor lol!"

Anyways, is this really neccesary though? Voting? I feel like the administrators should come to a decision or something, call me soft, but my feelings would be hurt to get voted off by the community

Showing 181-195 of 423