ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 75006
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
CoalEater
CoalEater
12 posts
Nomad

I thought this was really mean but then I come here and you think it's a joke. But the mods are saying its not. They do a good job as is don't spoil that. I also see you don't like people with low posts voting and I guess i don't know anyone so I shouldn't post.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Was just thinking I think it was Walker who mentioned talk of replacing all the mods with paid employees and this may just be the start of this transition. That could the "friction" we are hearing about now.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I don't get that either. If the moderators aren't broken, why replace them wholesale?

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I don't get that either. If the moderators aren't broken, why replace them wholesale?

cormyn says:
Posted at 2:20am on 3/26/2011

Ultimately though, you guys need to shape up and read through the recent general chat in the moderator forum to get a clear expectation of what we expect from you as a moderator, 'cause I'm starting to get a little tired of picking up the slack. Dan's been getting on my case about how much 'mod work' I do on a daily basis. Thankfully we're building controls in AG3 to let users take care of some of it, 'cause you guys keep disappearing for days at a time. I got a newborn at home, but I'm up til 2am-3am some nights taking care of stupid stuff that a team of, what, 7 mods? should be able to handle on a regular basis.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I'd assume hiring moderators would be to ensure all-round moderation of the site. Hmm... I don't feel like making too many assumptions though.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I still say that no matter the combination of any 7 users you find, they'll all have moments where they can't be on here every day. 7 people to clean up all those new comments on the games each day? the same 7 people to clean up the forums every day.... factor in lives and you get maybe 3-4 most of the time that can do their job. If you want a minimum of 7 people on here everyday then you have to put more than 7 people on the job. Such a small number is just an impractical thing in my mind

another thing I'm confused about. it was said that (paraphrasing of course) &quoteople like strop are too busy and have said they need to retire... isn't it just a good idea to retire them and save the position for someone else when AG3 comes around?" ... are we retiring to lose positions or are we retiring to replace? its just inconsistent imo

it'll save paying people if you just increase the number. I mean you might find a few people that are always on their computer to help out but I imagine they're few and far between. even they'll have trouble w/ it sometimes... 7 people could clean the crud off the site if they worked all day at it.... more could do it in just a few hours as I see it. and no... I'm not trying to weasle my way into the mod squad. I don't know how the hell strop managed to go through med school and still mod. I wouldn't really have the time for something like this and still be effective at what i do w/o more people helping ...and I'd feel bad about them carrying more slack than myself. ...not that I'd ever be considered for it or anything.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

If this does turn out to be just a bad joke with no real pay off, I wonder how the admins and mods could make it up to us?

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

Maybe theyèll give us all free pizzas. I like pizza. And the people who donèt like pizza get tacos.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

read through the recent general chat in the moderator forum

Noob question.

What is the moderator forum? Is that the thread where you vote?
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I'd assume it was the forum for moderators and administrators alone.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,437 posts
Farmer

If this does turn out to be just a bad joke with no real pay off, I wonder how the admins and mods could make it up to us?

Agreed. While I'm all good for a practical joke, there's a point when it gets to be a little too much. If this turns out to be a joke I have a feeling a lot of people are going to lose respect for the administration. However, as this drags on it seems less and less like a joke.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

I'd assume it was the forum for moderators and administrators alone.

Oh. Ok. I fail. =P
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

or... instead of pizza and tacos... everyone becomes a moderator for a day (and the moderators we have now switch for that day) ... so we can all live out our fantasies of banning and unbanning and then banning again those that have power.... n-n-n-not that I have those or anything

I still think that if it was legit than one of the big name people would probably have (but then again maybe they wouldn't have) come on here in Cormyn's stead and given us all a good talking to (I'M NOT WORTHY!!!)

for all intensive purposes... you might could say this/we has/have gotten out of hand (just a smidge)... or maybe that's just me

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

for all intensive purposes... you might could say this/we has/have gotten out of hand (just a smidge)... or maybe that's just me

That's somewhat of an understatement to me.

However, as this drags on it seems less and less like a joke.

I dunno, everyone can be a good actor over the Internet.
Ruffyl
Ruffyl
73 posts
Nomad

As a relative newcomer to this amazing free games site I don't want to speculate or say judgemental stuff. I just want to say that if there's been some kind of communication breakdown and a rift has developed, this wasn't the best thought out way to start mending it.

Good luck to Armor Games, their staff, their volunteers and their users.

Showing 196-210 of 423