ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 75010
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

who moderates the mods and admins.

Dan. And he, Justin, and I have had lots of discussion about what's been going on through most of 2011 so far (this isn't a new issue, it's been ongoing for a while, it just got to a point where managing the problem is taking more time than managing the site).
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Whatever I don't really care about who is in charge of who, but I think there should be more mods, or at least assistant mods who can only perform certain duties, like in most forums.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
SheWhoMustNotBeNamed
185 posts
Nomad

There. Now I am disqualified. Even if there is tension, it is clear that the users haven't noticed, so this voting thing should never have started. Also, even if the mod remains a user, they're going to leave, because of the betrayal they must feel.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Wait wait....... You don't like doing the job, but you do it?
Sounds like life.

I don't think any Mod should be fired. I haven't really heard of anyone complaining of a mod being unfair.
And you thought Cen would be in the lead? What? Cen actually does his job. They all do, thought some tend to be unnoticed.
I think firing any mod would be ripping a vital link in the AG community. :/

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

at least assistant mods who can only perform certain duties, like in most forums.

Then soon we will have the same problem. But bigger!

I think assistant mods aren't a good idea.
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

April fools day joke. I called it when the thread first came up. Don't be fooled.

They would of had Gantic of all people post it, and would not have picked such a poor date, if this was legit.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

They would of had Gantic of all people post it, and would not have picked such a poor date, if this was legit.

Gantic did post the voting thread. April 1st is not a poor date, it simply happens to be the date chosen for the announcement of the result. Cormyn said multiple times that the vote and firing is legit. Therefore, it is not an April Fools Day joke.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Cormyn said multiple times that the vote and firing is legit. Therefore, it is not an April Fools Day joke.

Because if cormyn says it, he automatically must be telling the truth.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Cormyn said multiple times that the vote and firing is legit. Therefore, it is not an April Fools Day joke.

Ever heard of joking around?

Well, there's no use arguing about if it's real or not. We'll all see in a few days.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

We nearly lost Darky because of it!

That doesn't matter.

If a user of the site wants to leave over something like this then let them.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I think what he was saying was that Cen does the job the best... and therefore aggros more little kiddies than the rest.

I think the anger stems from the fact that, although they're unpaid, the moderators have gotten to feel like they've become just as much a part of the site as the ones who made the games some of the people here play. Being moderators they are the faces/personas of the AG staff that we the people see most often. If you can truly be friends w/ internet personalities, then I would venture to say that a lot of us have done just that. The thought a lot of us are thinking (or at least I do) is that a forcible stripping of power will result in a possible permanent hiatus from the whole issue and everyone involved and we will have lost a friend :'((((

...that and the instantaneous spinal chord reflex that comes with thinking a friend is getting into trouble is to attempt to help (or something along those lines)

the other side of the thing is that if you no longer have the time to do it, then you might want to consider going the way of Moegreche (someone told me he was one at one point)and (soon) Strop... and periodically come back to be a forum sage... maybe if you're ever in a position to have more time for something like this they'll reinstate you to help out (but who knows other than the Admins themselves)

...but my official stand is still that 7 is a small number compared to all the spam they have to clean up.

thumbing up and thumbing down to keep things up or delete them (power of the people) can work... but all you need is a decent group of friends to all thumb it up to keep it alive. Moderators are instant (when they are there to make the decision.). At least we know the mods take pride in their work too...

So are the other admins watching us, and just not saying anything? O______o

HAAAAIIIIIIII!!!! XD

....so just understand why we got all
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgn6jq5WuG9nu1clhLOC8kU6uUKCfVO3O2NSNR9K4_f-VmWDN4
over the situation...

...all I know is... if cormyn is actually trolling all of us and this is a joke... I'll probably buy an AG shirt

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Cormyn managed solved and addressed every problem and question I have had up until this point in only one post.

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

ormyn said multiple times that the vote and firing is legit. Therefore, it is not an April Fools Day joke.

http://files.myopera.com/pokarnor/albums/759706/thumbs/Newcomer%20O%20RLY.jpg_thumb.jpg

...but my official stand is still that 7 is a small number compared to all the spam they have to clean up.

It is, and tbh I don't see much spam or inappropiate material on this site especially in the forums, just butthurt people who can't accept the rules without complaint.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

It's true what they say. No one notices when we delete spam and definitely absolutely no one notices that there is far far far far far far far far less spam today than there was a year ago. Trust me, you're wrong on this.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

the users make Armor Games great!

It depends on the quality of the user. If they are actually worth missing.
No one notices when we delete spam

I do, on the Forums at least.

Also, nice title change.
Showing 226-240 of 423