ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 74985
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Yea

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Nope. Rorschach.

liek git ur fcts str8 mang

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

You do realize most people get weeded out right from the start. You have to be around for two years, have a minimum of 3 000 posts, have never had an infraction and have an application of at least 500 words and no more than and 750.

Not many people fall into that category. Only one person is modded every eight months, and sometimes people still don't get modded.

There aren't any solid requirements here, since it's more of a selective process. I don't recall too many people seriously applying for a position and the admins choose whom they want.

[quote]Great way be greeted back after not being able to get on. Give this site three years and countless hours of my life and what do I get? A giant boot up the rear.

Hey, at least most of the people that kicked you in the *** don't know you too well. They just throw you out because you're not here, which is a senseless reason in my opinion.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Did you just completely reverse everything that was supposed to be quoted in that post Knight_34?

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

i still say void your votes and make them choose. Void for DeVOIDless!!!

they all uphold the rules just fine whether they like each other or not. who cares if given pair of moderators hate each other and drop f-bombs at each other. that's their business... it hasn't affected the forums such that anyone who pays attention to it has noticed. (unless there's been a thread where the two fiercely entangled souls (soul calibur reference :3 )started duking it out w/ swords and other weapons forged of words. (haven't seen one of those btw)) ...they could all hate each other for all I care. Hasn't impeded their work here.......... plus they make up a large portion of the older population here. That leaves me w/ like 3 other people that I converse w/ normally that are 21 or older (more AG'ers fall in that category, but I don't really relate w/ them all that much) to talk to if they all get peeved off and leave. Then who am I supposed to talk w/? all the 12 year olds??? >___>

unless this is foreshadowing a decision to remove forums O____o and thus in the end remove the major need for them altogether. conspiracies...conspiracies... conspiracies (I don't really believe that last part muhself...) removal of forums would in turn remove a chunk of the AG population... as i rarely even play the flash games. totally here for the forums and talking to people. I think there are lots more like me

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Did you just completely reverse everything that was supposed to be quoted in that post Knight_34?

I did.

You do realize most people get weeded out right from the start. You have to be around for two years, have a minimum of 3 000 posts, have never had an infraction and have an application of at least 500 words and no more than and 750.

Not many people fall into that category. Only one person is modded every eight months, and sometimes people still don't get modded.

There aren't any solid requirements here, since it's more of a selective process. I don't recall too many people seriously applying for a position and the admins choose whom they want.

Great way be greeted back after not being able to get on. Give this site three years and countless hours of my life and what do I get? A giant boot up the rear.

Hey, at least most of the people that kicked you in the *** don't know you too well. They just throw you out because you're not here, which is a senseless reason in my opinion.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

It really makes no sense in firing him.

Companies fire people because they want to replace their workers with more efficient ones, but why replace anyone if it doesn't cost you a penny?
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

why replace anyone if it doesn't cost you a penny?

Because people dont like that person.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

And if it doesn't benefit anybody for them to be on that list, what's the point?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

They don't like the person because the person enforces the rules, most likely.

I really don't see a point in firing a Moderator, really. You can just E-Mail the Moderator telling them to do more modly duties around the site instead of this voting thing.

They probably know that people'll vote for someone they dislike.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

So? He does the job right so why fire him? It is just more work for yourself.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

The reason i said that is because they said the reason for all this is

There has been much friction over the last several months between the moderators and users that has created an indelible rift in the current state of the community.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

There has been much friction over the last several months between the moderators and users that has created an indelible rift in the current state of the community.

I blame the noobs that whine too much. The moderators do an excellent job.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I haven't had a problem with the moderators either but i haven't been on the forums too long.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Devoidless hasn't done anything. How can you vote him off for being inactive and then claiming it is because he is a ******.
I blame the noobs that whine too much. The moderators do an excellent job.

What noobs? Nobody has ever complained about the mods ever.
I haven't had a problem with the moderators either but i haven't been on the forums too long.

In these past months, have you had problem with the mods?
Showing 91-105 of 423