ForumsThe Tavern[April Fools 2011] Mod firin' lazers chatterbox

423 74980
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

As some of you may have heard, armor games is firing a moderator. Since you're not allowed to have any discussion on the forum i guess post any opinions on the matter here.

The firing thread
https://armorgames.com/community/thread/7293378/announcement-firing-a-mod

• 423 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Also, if this is true then this is what I think will happen:
Devoidless will get voted out due to the thread.
NoNameC68 is going to quit. I saw a post of his on cormyn's profile.
Strop is going to leave soon due to him being a doctor and all.
MRWalker82 left a comment on cormyn's profile saying that he'll *probably* quit.

If this is a joke we are still looking at likely losing at least one or two mods here. Most places of this size tend to be run with at least one mod per section. There are 11 sections to this form (not counting the AG3 discussion section). We currently have 7 mods and are losing at least one or two. Even with new features to make things easier it would seem they will need replacement mods.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Cormyn and Gantic, I think you guys need to hire at least ten more mods. I come from a forum where there were almost thirty mods, and about 15-20 of them were constantly active.

Plus, the Admins never fired anyone. Firing mods won't make a more efficient forum.

Either this is a joke, which it prolly isn't, or you have no idea how to manage a forum.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

i think it should be that no1 ever gets fired unless they've proven to be power abusers or its of their own volition. even the new people will hit points in their lives where they can't be on here all the time... that doesn't mean they need to be axed... they should either request a replacement or just have someone else added in to double team the issue. if there needs to be a smaller number of mods then i would think that it should be so that the ones we have stay until they want out... and unless the numbers eventually dwindle below the number the admins think is ideal they just don't add anyone new. That sounds like a better plan than "lets periodically vote someone off the island"

:'( why am i not seeing any "HA-OOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!!'S?" I thought I did a great job of tying in a serious issue w/ the desire to defend our friends in a somewhat humorous way.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I voted for Zophia because I didn't want her to feel left out.

The administration is entirely against users nominating people to join the team, so it just doesn't make sense that they would seriously ask the users who they think should be voted off the team.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

I voted for Zophia because I didn't want her to feel left out.

The administration is entirely against users nominating people to join the team, so it just doesn't make sense that they would seriously ask the users who they think should be voted off the team.

lol.

Where I am from, they hold these "contests" every eight months to determine who will be the next mod. People have to apply, but only if you have been here longer than two years and have no infractions.

Why vote? Why not just volunteer?

This forum is crazy I tell ya.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Showing is better than telling, yessum.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

http://forums.xgenstudios.com/showthread.php?24474-Current-Moderators-Admins

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

And what does this forum have to do with this forum? Regardless of what qualities you may think xgen's forum has better than this one, this is ArmorGames. Their policies may be different, but this is how AG runs. It weeds out hopefuls who would rather sign up to be one instead of saying "Hey! I think I can be a mod! Watch this:".

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

And what does this forum have to do with this forum? Regardless of what qualities you may think xgen's forum has better than this one, this is ArmorGames. Their policies may be different, but this is how AG runs. It weeds out hopefuls who would rather sign up to be one instead of saying "Hey! I think I can be a mod! Watch this:".

You do realize most people get weeded out right from the start. You have to be around for two years, have a minimum of 3 000 posts, have never had an infraction and have an application of at least 500 words and no more than and 750.

Not many people fall into that category. Only one person is modded every eight months, and sometimes people still don't get modded.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

And even that wouldn't attest to show that you are capable of doing it, even if you type out an entire essay. People say things all the time--go look at politicians. Do they ever deliver what they claim? No, almost never. Sure, they want the job, but they never stick to their word. Doing, however, works wonders.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

The members of the AG community will look up at the mods and shout "Is this real?!" And they'll look down, and whisper "yes"

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

And even that wouldn't attest to show that you are capable of doing it, even if you type out an entire essay. People say things all the time--go look at politicians. Do they ever deliver what they claim? No, almost never. Sure, they want the job, but they never stick to their word. Doing, however, works wonders.

It's not just the essay. The admins have to like the person too. He can't be a ******.
CommanderDude7
CommanderDude7
4,689 posts
Nomad

The members of the AG community will look up at the mods and shout "Is this real?!" And they'll look down, and whisper "yes"

Lol this is just what I imagine them doing.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

@CommanderDude7, do you know what quote I'm making fun of?

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Watchmen?

Showing 76-90 of 423