ForumsGamesTerraria

142 50935
Dracolich
Dracolich
79 posts
Nomad

Only a few people have this and it is not released yet!

It was given to them because they are experts in Minecraft and plus they are famous in Youtube but there is one person who isn't famous, He got it because he sent a letter to Redigit(Project Lead)

Probably it is cheaper than Minecraft.
Can't wait for Terraria to be released!

• 142 Replies
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

its actually quite small

then you haven't been on large it takes like 30 minutes from side to side and terraria goes a hell of alot deeper then minecraft because minecraft only goes 64 deep terraria goes like 6000 deep on large I think
afcmitchell
afcmitchell
66 posts
Blacksmith

Guys calm down on the MC vs Terraria . Notch once said he thought Terraria was a good/great game or whatever, and that they would be swapping ideas.

MagicMonke9897
MagicMonke9897
35 posts
Nomad

I love both terraria and minecraft. So find a peaceful solution to all this arguing. IT wasnt intended :P

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Let's stop comparing Terraria to Minecraft. It's like comparing Forza Motorsport to Diddy Kong Racing.

DOTxTRI
DOTxTRI
65 posts
Nomad

Terraria is really fun at first but when you keep on playing you'lle realize its last years game. Trust me I know...

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Terraria is really fun at first but when you keep on playing you'lle realize its last years game. Trust me I know...

That bore no real reason as to why that is the case - can you elaborate without saying you know because quite frankly it's still going and its style is really appealing to me - at least how it's shown in Totalbiscuit and Jesse Cox play Terraria.
Oh, and that series is still running.

As to the Minecraft and Terraria debate - please don't compare the two, as NoNameC68 has kindly pointed out they're too different to try comparing. I do however like how traits from Terraria are being taken and implemented in Minecraft - homogenization of games or expanding the goodness?

I would say it's expanding the goodness.

I think that building the Hellavator and using more specialized items in Terraria will be my favourite - especially as it is on Steam.

Shame that I've few people to play it with, so I'm staying away from it for the now but I don't intend on doing so forever.

- H
DOTxTRI
DOTxTRI
65 posts
Nomad

Its not so nice. not better than minecraft for me.

Yodadude53
Yodadude53
1,495 posts
Nomad

Hopefully this isn't too long to bump.
I got Terraria on the Steam Halloween sale for half off, along with Plants Vs. Zombies. Since you guys are arguing about it, I never really liked Minecraft for some reason, but Terraria is really fun so far. So they must be fairly different. I'm yet to play online, but the single player is great.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

As for the Terraria VS Minecraft discussion, I'd say Terraria is more adventure/RPG focused and Minecraft is more about the building. I've got them both, and I like them both, but for different reasons.

Anyways, when I played Terraria, I felt that I pretty much accomplished everything worth doing in just a few days, and it had little replay value after that point. I think it would be more fun if the bosses were harder, the materials rarer and the worlds bigger.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Anyways, when I played Terraria, I felt that I pretty much accomplished everything worth doing in just a few days, and it had little replay value after that point. I think it would be more fun if the bosses were harder, the materials rarer and the worlds bigger.

They have made it harder now with the potions healing less and having longer cool down.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

Different modes for Terraria I feel would be the best option - otherwise little freedom is actually involved. I'd like you to bare in mind I actually don't own and haven't even played the game so... well yeah :P

- H

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

They have made it harder now with the potions healing less and having longer cool down.

I actually started playing after they made that change, so I still think it's too easy. Or, well, more like you get everything too quickly, making it seem kind of short.
haloking21
haloking21
2 posts
Nomad

terraria is basically minecraft in 2d and the game was like a silent victory because there was no advertisemant or anything

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

And this is the problem we have with people who don't read past page 1 - or even all of page 1.
We have something that we've already discussed and already explained why "T = MC" is not valid. Ughh >.<

Okay, Haloking - read back if you want, but to summarize:
Terraria has way too many different things to be remotely like Minecraft - that, and it lacks mods / the 2d takes out a lot of the creativity involved -- not that that's a bad thing.

- H

SMMsuperNerd901
SMMsuperNerd901
30 posts
Nomad

It got really boring, really fast! But it was fun well it lasted!

Showing 121-135 of 142