ForumsGamesTerraria

142 50933
Dracolich
Dracolich
79 posts
Nomad

Only a few people have this and it is not released yet!

It was given to them because they are experts in Minecraft and plus they are famous in Youtube but there is one person who isn't famous, He got it because he sent a letter to Redigit(Project Lead)

Probably it is cheaper than Minecraft.
Can't wait for Terraria to be released!

• 142 Replies
glaceonex23
glaceonex23
424 posts
Nomad

i don't have enough resources in terraria that's why...but I've beaten the eater of worlds...

bunniecorps
bunniecorps
467 posts
Nomad

I don't think I would want to spend my money on something based off Minecraft, I already have that game.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Here's my home in Terraria.

http://i51.tinypic.com/1zdc041.png

http://i52.tinypic.com/sn1k79.png

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

@NoNameC68

I would remove the dirt wall so that enemies won't spawn in your house.

I haven't had this happen since my first NPC arrived. : )
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

The NPC's also can't spawn in a house with a dirt wall :]

All the NPCs already have a home, I don't want any of them in my forge room.

plus, if you picked OCD from minecraft (like half of minecraft community did), you need to all look perfect. Dirt isn't perfect.

I like the vines.
killbynight
killbynight
315 posts
Nomad

Terraria is only ahead of MC for multiple reasons. 1) MC's dev team only has a few people. When I say a few, I mean like 3. 2) The game isn't finished. 3)Some other third thing

you've got me on the dev team, but Terraria isint finished either.

anyway, i cant wait for some of the boss's they've planed on adding, aperintly Pbat and slyfoxhound pitched a hydra idea at the end of the would kinda thing to them, and they seemed to like it, also a fun thing to try, especially on a server, try summoning all 3 bosses at once, its so much fun to fight them all, i was able to survive it on my single player, and it was SOOOO freaking fun, and when i did it with my friends on are server, we owned them!
Draconigena
Draconigena
102 posts
Nomad

Terraria is only ahead of MC for multiple reasons. 1) MC's dev team only has a few people. When I say a few, I mean like 3. 2) The game isn't finished. 3)Some other third thing

Terria's dev team consist of one programmer, two graphic designers, and a community manager. Terria isn't finished either. The devs plans to launch consistent content patches similar to Minecraft.
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

"Both of these games are in a genre"

I quoted that from a while ago. Its not an exact quote. So stfu about being a clone.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Nobody's said it's a clone recently.

Splicer15
Splicer15
12 posts
Nomad

I love minecraft so I first thought that Terraria is a stupid fake of it. but then i watched some videos and a friend of me downloaded it.

All I have to say now is: it's worth playing believe me I downloaded it too today and it's amazing! It's almost better than minecraft!

killbynight
killbynight
315 posts
Nomad

so. 1.0.3 game out recently, who like the changes? hears a list of the things they changed(off the top of my head):
they changed the look of the helmets for all armor except molten.
they changed cobalt armor to jungle armor.
they changed the set bonus of meteor to make the space gun cost 0 mana to use.
they changed the look of the skeletons, it now looks like they have blue shirts.
they also added 2 underground enemies and 1 new item:
the new item is a magic hat, dropped my the new enemy that i cant remember the name of, i believe its a hat that makes attack spells stronger?
and 1 of the new enemies is the "dead miner" and he looks like a skeleton with a miner hat, and he drops bombs.
and the other new enemy i cant remember the name of, but he looks like a skeleton with magic hat on(i think, its been a while since ive seen him) and he shoots magic ball....things, at you, and he drops the above mentioned magic hat.

and that's all the changes i can think of right off the top of my head, and in conclusion, bump

killbynight
killbynight
315 posts
Nomad

so 1 *bump* and 2 1.0.4 is out, and its amazing, im not gonna go through what i did last time listing all the things they've added and changed, but one thing that's worth mentioning is the new boss the "king slime" this is an awesome update, and i hope people will start being more talkative on this thread, there's lots of things to talk about with this game

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

So stfu about being a clone.

Pretty much all games are clones of some previous game in some way. That's why the mechanics and such of games of the same genre always are similar. It is kind of a 2D clone of Minecraft, but that doesn't have to be a negative thing. In fact, Minecraft was sort of a clone of some earlier game which I forgot the name of, but it's probably mentioned somewhere on Minecraft's site or Wikipedia article.

Anyways, my point is that people should care less about whether it's a clone or not and more about if it is good. Personally, I think it looks like a nice way to kill some time, but I don't think it looks interesting enough to make me want to pay for it.

You ****ing hypocrites, make up your minds, you are pissing me off. People like you, Franken, who think that because it looks like Minecraft it must be crap. You, sir, are one of the stupidest idiots that ever came to AG.

Go take a nap, you're getting cranky. If you want to prove them wrong, say something that actually proves them wrong, rather than something that makes you look like a rude moron.
koolkylekool
koolkylekool
247 posts
Nomad

Go take a nap, you're getting cranky. If you want to prove them wrong, say something that actually proves them wrong, rather than something that makes you look like a rude moron.

You must not have read the start of the thread. I am completely angry because people submitted perfectly reasonable reasons for why it wasn't a clone yet they still accused it of being one.

I saw this game and was pretty excited about it. It does resemble Minecraft from a side scroller perspective, but combat is a much larger focus. I can see this getting a ton of attention as long as Minecraft comparisons are light as the games are vaguely similar but the mechanics are way different.

And here's a reply:

It has the same items. The character looks the same. The blocks are all the same, just 2D and crappier looking. Only the monsters are different, and a few new items. How is it *not* a very obvious spin off.

So, honestly, my anger is justified.
killbynight
killbynight
315 posts
Nomad

i like how people are fighting when we should be talking about 1.0.3 and 1.0.4, there AWESOME and the corrupted bunny's scared me the first time i saw them XD

Showing 76-90 of 142