The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsPopular MediaSuperman VS Wolverine

115 31480
wtfru23
wtfru23
62 posts
Nomad

I just thought up this topic. I know that W. is invincible and can regerate health, but his only weakness is Admantium bullet to head. Superman is also pretty much invinceble accept for krptonite and a very close nuclearblast to him: he gets most of his energy from the sun. Frank Miller exposed this weakness in Batman VS Superman comic in the 80's

• 115 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

If I recall well, one way to kill Wolverine is simply to cut his head, for example. That would also definitely kill him. So Superman can, with his laser gaze or whatever it is, severe Wolvie's head, and that's it. Doesn't even need to get close to any Kryptonite gadget

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Decapitation only kills him until his head is put back on.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

But if the aura is electromagnetically based, Wolverine's skeleton may be able to siphon it.

We've seen that electromagnetism has an adverse effect on Wolverines metal skeleton. I suppose it would be a matter of how powered up Superman was at the time.

its totally circumstantial but what if Wolverine coated his claws in kryptonite?... i mean if he's a master tactician then he's not stupid.. the only way to beat Superman for any earthling would be to acquire some of that radioactive rock... (and I'm not a marvel universe expert so there may or may not be one of those deity'esque peoples who are Superman's caliber) ...maybe melt it down if it melts and dip the claws into it and let it cool/harden and retract them?.......or wear a necklace of it...

I suppose this depends on what universe they are fighting in. If they are just fighting in the Marvel universe or only have access to material from their own universe, then Wolverine would have access to kryptonite.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Decapitation only kills him until his head is put back on.

The head will eventually die off, and as soon as all the cells died, regeneration isn't possible anymore. That leaves a rather short time gap.
spartandestroyer
spartandestroyer
2,081 posts
Nomad

i wolverine manages to unsheath his claws while moving fast toward superman at the right moment then superman would stand a chance. besides wolverines made of adamantium! thats the toughest stuff we know of! (apart from bedrock ((or adminium)) but thats irrelevant)

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

I think it depends on who exactly is writing wolverine as to how much his healing factor would affect the outcome of the battle between him and superman - some make it fairly reasonable, it takes him quite a while to regenerate from deep/severe wounds, others have wrote him in a way that allowed him to regenerate from a single drop of blood (albeit a drop of blood that was touching some sort of super-crystal).

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Yes, electromagnetism can have an adverse effect, but not as much as sapping Superman's power supply.

You also have to take into consideration which Marvel Universe Wolverine is from. The movie universe has Deadpool having Wolverine's regeneration abilities, then having his head cut off, then picking his head up. In the Zombie Universe, Wolverine's powers are weak enough to get an infection.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I say old wolvy would suit up w/ lead paint (b/c toxicity isn't an immediate issue w/ him :3) .... and do the whole kryptonite thing... and then sneak tactics through a crowd of people... superman wouldn't kill a whole crowd of people would he??? ...force him to come in close.. and then its anyone's game.

....can't see the kryptonite laced adamantium claws through the lead paint :3

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Deadpool having Wolverine's regeneration abilities, then having his head cut off, then picking his head up.

I don't recall the scene where Deadpool picks his head up. I do remember that being how he was finally killed though, with Wolverine cutting his head off. Also Deadpool has Wolverines regenerations powers in the main 616 continuity as well.

In the Zombie Universe, Wolverine's powers are weak enough to get an infection.

It wasn't that Wolverines powers were weaker, it was that the Virus was just that strong. In fact it may have even been an infected Superman from another universe who was patient zero.

Another way Superman could win would be to use his super speed, agility and strength to simply grab Wolverine by the wrists. Since his claws are the only things Wolverine has that could possibly hurt Superman, that would effectively disable Wolverine from being able to fight back. It would also put Wolverine in a restrained point blank range for Superman's heat vision.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

The scene is hidden in the credits. You can skip to it at the scene selection.

I know Deadpool has Wolverine's regeneration in 616, but many of the users here are DC fans but not Marvel fans.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

The scene is hidden in the credits. You can skip to it at the scene selection.

Just watched the entire end credits. There are two credit scenes. One with Stryker just walking and one with Wolverine trying to get drunk. No scene where Deadpool picks his head up.
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I have never seen the one with Wolverine getting drunk. Try YouTubing it.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I have never seen the one with Wolverine getting drunk. Try YouTubing it.

Found it. By the quality it looks like a deleted scene.
Deadpool secret scene in Xmen wolverine origins
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

It was played in theaters.

016Bramble
016Bramble
408 posts
Nomad

Superman would win, because Wolverine cannot regenerate a heart. He kinda needs that in order to live to regenerate himself!

Showing 46-60 of 115