ForumsThe TavernWhat to do in a zombie apocalypse

85 13349
Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

Ok so here's the situation. You're near London when the news hits there's a strange new disease, that means when bitten the infected turns into a raging fit and attacks all those who are near them causing further infection. The infected are unnaturally fast and strong due to their crazed, animalistic mindset. You start off in your house on the outskirts of London and the infection is in it's first day, what do you do?

Ok so I just made that up so excuse the lamness ;D but I thought after seeing the idea of a zombie series (and it failing) that there can be cooler things done :P So this could either be a roleplay type thing or things to add to a story line... or just what the title says and things you would do in this situation :P (The "zombies" are like those from 28 days later so not from the grave)

• 85 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

What materials do we have available and what is the infected population rate?

If the will be a game, you should have put it in the Forum Games, if it is more of a discussion type thing, you put it in the right place.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

OMG, you guys really need this book.

It tells you exactly what to do in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

Hrmm true I should have :P never thought of it like that... I'll put it there too well for discussion's sake you've got whatever you'd find round your house and it's pretty rapid the military only just keep it contained day one but after that the infection is no longer localised (infects dogs and cats) and is too widespread the reports say that within a week London will fall :P

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I have been wanting that book, but I can never find it.

So it infects any warmblooded creature?

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

You must be talking about a different zombie disease I've never heard of, because Solanum (the "official zombie disease) only affects humans.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Solanum is the official disease of the Living Dead series, not everything.

Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

:P ok so what would you do against zombie zombies (Living Dead)? and what about rabies zombies (28 days later)?

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

Against zombie zombies, I would camp on a rooftop with a .22 sniping them until I run out of ammo (one box of .22s has 550 bullets).

Against infected, I would study them and exploit weaknesses and habits while trying to get to a rural area.

Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

mmm good plan, what about food? or civilisation as a whole? ok so combining the two of RP and "what would you do" you gotta discuss what you'd do all the way up to fixing the problem (e.g. run, set up shelter, get food supply, get water supply, get survivers, get ammmo ect. ect.)

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I don't have a plan that would work for London yet. I do have one for my house down here in Louisiana that I could spend a bit of time converting to work for London if you give me a starting point in London. How elaborate do you want it?

Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

heh it doesn't matter, only chose london cos I thought it would be good to bring everyone into one point :P (and I live near it) it could be your house it doesn't really matter I suppose, in an apocolypse you're probably gonna have to shift about a bit :P so yeah you can start in Louisiana :P what would you do? I'd go to Makros (a huge store that sells industrial sized stuff) and block up the doors with lorries then that solves the food, water and weapons problem for a bit. If i have the oppurtinity I'll go to school and grab the rifles and ammunition from there then I can camp on the Makros roof and snipe zombies / get survivors in :P my plan for over here (dunno what to do next) yours?

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

You have rifles in your school?

I'll post mine in a bit.

darkrai097
darkrai097
858 posts
Nomad

I'M FIRING MA ROCKET LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously though, I'd probably go to the hardware store and buy wood and nails, then steal a gun and ammunition from a gun store, then go to Fenwick Tower (the tallest building in my city) and board up the windows, and then I'd be able to shoot anyone who comes up the elevator.
(Random fact: Fenwick Tower, at 33 floors, is the tallest building in the Maritimes, which includes Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI. Kinda pathetic compared to the US and other countries.)

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

...shoot anyone who comes up the elevator.

Zombies can use elevators?
spartandestroyer
spartandestroyer
2,081 posts
Nomad

i would invite tons of uninfected engies around and have a sentry nesting party!

Showing 1-15 of 85