ForumsWEPRBelieving in God brings its own Hell

169 25041
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Let's get this first thing straightened out: the title isn't literal, it's metaphorical. Just think, without religion the world would be much better. No disputes over the "right" thing to believe. That means no wars over religion. We'd have more money because we wouldn't have to donate, build churches, etc. We'd have an overall better outlook on life because our consciouses wouldn't be so powerful.

• 169 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

the church is an extortionistic personification of human doubt

Thank you for you comment, despite it's trollish nature, it still has a nugget of truth. Perhaps camm95, next time you post you could elaborate on these sorts of things?
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

the church is an extortionistic personification of human doubt

Ah but atheism doubts the existence of a god no? Am I a personification of doubt because I won't jump into a bottomless pit, when someone told me it was three feet deep? No.
sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,143 posts
Nomad

well no origionally religion was a way for goat herders and barbarians to explain what they dont understand, when people doubt that they are doubting lies and mad propheies

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Ah but atheism doubts the existence of a god

Atheism came first - really, if you think about it, religion doubts the non-existence of a God.
Showing 166-169 of 169