ForumsWEPRBelieving in God brings its own Hell

169 25048
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Let's get this first thing straightened out: the title isn't literal, it's metaphorical. Just think, without religion the world would be much better. No disputes over the "right" thing to believe. That means no wars over religion. We'd have more money because we wouldn't have to donate, build churches, etc. We'd have an overall better outlook on life because our consciouses wouldn't be so powerful.

• 169 Replies
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Thank you, oh holy christian, for your insightful imput on these weighty matters. Kings in the future shall laud your wisdom, and hail you as the one who found the answer...

Your sarcasm is rather humouresque. <----That sounded weird.
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

this is anthoer crappy thread about religon no one is gonna change their beliefs so wwhy argue about it its a waste of time cant we just accept that some people believe in different religons than others

greethan
greethan
123 posts
Nomad

Ahem. Monks, you know, the only people who could write in those times? You failed there, Paarfam. And also, the fact that most private schools are Christian.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Ahem. Monks, you know, the only people who could write in those times? You failed there, Paarfam. And also, the fact that most private schools are Christian.

And this has to do with...?
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

No disputes over the "right" thing to believe.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha! *wipes away tear* Oh, that was a good one.

Religion isn't what's wrong with the world. It's idiots who seek to destroy what they don't understand.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

The trip through the desert by Noah was said to have taken 40 years, yet on foot, it would have only taken 10 days.

You do realize why it took forty years right?
cant we just accept that some people believe in different religons than others

*sigh* no Shadow we cannot.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

*sigh* no Shadow we cannot.

Are you saying that we, Humanity as a whole, cannot, or that "we" as Christians (Or w/e religion you are, I think Christian anyways) cannot?
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Are you saying that we, Humanity as a whole, cannot, or that "we" as Christians (Or w/e religion you are, I think Christian anyways) cannot?

I meant us on AG; I wasn't being particularly serious either.
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

It's idiots who seek to destroy what they don't understand.

Religion requires that you know. It gives you all your answers and contradictory information, evidence or PROOF should be discarded due ot its conflict with Christianity or another religion.

It is indirectly wrong with the world in this context - sure, we don't NEED to learn, but it has prevented non-believers or curious people from doing it, as well as (in my opinion) lied to hundreds of millions (billions?).

- H
qwerty1011
qwerty1011
554 posts
Peasant

no
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Religion isn't what's wrong with the world. It's idiots who seek to destroy what they don't understand.

You're the 10,000th person to say that. Gratz! Read up on what's been posted already for clarification. Pretty much everything in this thread isn't literal.
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

no

It took 40 years for Noah to cross the desert because he did not trust in god (Or something like that, I haven't read the bible since I was like 11) and so god punished them by making them wander in the desert for 40 years. YAY LOVING GOD!
Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

lol, Powned.
Ty Kasic for the funny "loving" story of God's will <3

- H

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,143 posts
Nomad

oh if were getting into the atrocities condoned and commited by god in the old testement then thats just the tip of the ice burg

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Just because Adam and Eve ate them apples we're not allowed into the Garden of Eden. Some people can be *******es.

Showing 121-135 of 169