ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839369
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

lol yeah. its more like setting up a base and holding it down... not camping.... on that not, u know what annoys me? people who i kill when i snipe sit their and go "oh you camping ***". but thats not camoing at all. thats sniping. im using it how it should be used. camping is when u go in a building and gaurd the entrance. sniping is when you use the building to get a view of the enemy and kill them.... right?

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

Yeah, but that was their form of raging. Since sniping isn't that nooby, they just have to call you something that is. Just got my third moab on Downturn. Man, that map is amazingly fun to play on!

Gameraid77
Gameraid77
10 posts
Nomad

Whenever I snipe people call me cheap for not quick-scoping, the game wasn't meant for people to do that. They made it for traditional snipers but someone decided to create quick-scoping and now that's what everyone expects snipers to do. Camping in a corner makes me mad but not if they are staying still near an intersection or along a path for view of enemies. And the Striker is really overpowered, the Spas-12 needs more power because two shots in hardcore makes a difference from life and death.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

is camping the right word? I thought camping was sitting in a corner where nobody would expect you, and the sentry gun may be a big hint. And plus it doesn't seem like camping because they're AI's.

You're guarding the entrance of an area and shooting anything that comes through the door. I think its camping. ^^

A typical conversation when I snipe in MW2 (back when I had a mic):

*Shoots guy*

'Oh my goodness! You unintelligent, participating in sexual intercourse, homosexual gluteus maximus. Only inexperienced players snipe.'

'Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my Chopper Gunner! PEW PEW PEW!'
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

You're guarding the entrance of an area and shooting anything that comes through the door. I think its camping. ^^

You play different than I do.

@Gameraid77 the striker is not overpowered. The type 95 is overpowered because it can kill anyone in any situation, and the striker, in long range fights, in which you encounter a lot in MW3, it completely fails.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Then how do you play? Because I'm never quite as successful when I run around blasting everything.

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

Tbh camping is just pretty much staying in the same place for the whole time while barely moving.

To all the sore losers out there, camping is where you kill them and they just want an excuse to rip on you./

chubz101
chubz101
78 posts
Nomad

MW# isnt the best if they woulda added Survival 2 MW2 instead of museum that would be awesome

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

Then how do you play? Because I'm never quite as successful when I run around blasting everything.

I don't do that, but I don't sit in a corner just shooting everything that walks by me. I shoot behind cover, run up to them and knife them. Camping is when no one can see you, they don't expect you there, and they don't like it. Plus, my definition of camping becomes useless at around wave 20.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Whenever I snipe people call me cheap for not quick-scoping, the game wasn't meant for people to do that.

Huh? It's actually cheap to just rush and quick scope. It's like you're running around with a death laser, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun for the people doing it. Might as well use it if the creators make it that way.
And the Striker is really overpowered, the Spas-12 needs more power because two shots in hardcore makes a difference from life and death.

It isn't. It has less damage than most of the shotguns, but it's semi-automatic, so that's why people probably think it's overpowered. And anyway, shotguns are supposed to be one or two shot kills close up. But I do agree on buffing up the other shotguns. I've tried them all and I only really want to use the spas-12 and striker, all the others are kind of garbage unless you want to play for an hour or two trying to get it to rank 28 for damage and extended mags.

Overpowered guns from my perspective are the Type-95 and MK14. One or two bursts with the T-95 and one or two shots with the mk and you're done. Funny thing is that you can even put rapid fire on those to make them faster.
To all the sore losers out there, camping is where you kill them and they just want an excuse to rip on you.

I got called a camper yesterday for drop shotting people. And another time for waiting by a place for a few seconds because I saw a few people near me on the radar... I suppose they expect you to just run around without a definite goal. I mean, I rush a lot, but you have to be smart about it.

Oh, that's another thing I like doing - drop shotting. I figured out how to do it a week ago because a lot of people were doing it to me; go to the button layout in options and set it to tactical, so that the knife button is O and I just have to press the right analog to drop down.
I should've figured that out sooner... because sometimes I would accidentally press knife when I'm aiming.
Campers use Steady Aim and shoot people in the back. There is no skill involved at all.

Don't forget about the people stacking blind eye, assassin, and dead silence. Don't get me wrong, those are great perks for rushing or running around since you're basically invisible, but getting killed by people with those around corners often is boring. They just sit or lay in the dark aiming down their sights.
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

@Ghost, really? You have to put way more with the MK14 than two. Maybe two at a regular sniper range, but medium range? More than two.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Yeah, I used it for about half an hour earlier and it only took two shots most of the time from all distances. And I often get two shotted with it. I'm at least glad they didn't make that gun full auto..

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

Eh, I haven't tried it out in a while but I've seen a lot of people in S&D get five shots with it to kill. It's beast in hardcore, but then again, every gun is... Why is there a rapid fire attachment on the MK14?

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

idk the rapid fire is kinda pointless.... i wish that their were rapid fire guns for the ful auto assult rifles. or for the semis and three round brusts, the should make a full auto attachment. it raises the kick but it givs you full auto. that would be cool.
and the mk14 is actually the m21ebr from old mw2. that would explain its power, its a sniper with no scope.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

and the mk14 is actually the m21ebr from old mw2. that would explain its power, its a sniper with no scope.

If u just took the time to get your facts straight you would have known that the MK14 is a special edition of the M14 which is just the base for the M21. So only in a very strange, twisted way they are the same
Showing 1501-1515 of 3990