ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839148
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6By0mWyCYw&feature=youtu.be
oh i did it again :P
its another BO2 breakdown video. just 5 minuets long. i think im getting a hang of the interesting voice.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Blind eye and Sitrep took so long and their pros are kinda pointless.

Blind eye pro is, but sitrep pro is okay. If you have a headset then it makes it easier to sound*****.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Today is the day. Remember to watch the playoffs on TNT for Black Ops 2 world reveal.

In other news, I decided to play some public matches and in 9/10 games I went into most of the enemy team was wearing blind eye, assassin, dead silence and using the type-95 or mk14. I'm surprised that people want to make this game so slow paced. I also like how when you choose those perks when you take the first letter from each of them it makes BAD.

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

In other news, I decided to play some public matches and in 9/10 games I went into most of the enemy team was wearing blind eye, assassin, dead silence and using the type-95 or mk14. I'm surprised that people want to make this game so slow paced. I also like how when you choose those perks when you take the first letter from each of them it makes BAD.

I justed lol'd there.

I stopped using all those perks commonly when I realized I do good when I make the people come to me with a UAV. Unless of course I have a class built around certain perks. (Ninja class, AA class, Running class.) They become unnecessary when you're skilled enough.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Looks pretty futuristic.

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

What do you think is the worst gun in MW3?

jdoggparty
jdoggparty
5,860 posts
Nomad

None of the SMGs are bad, but some people think the PM-0 is. If you stay close enough and hipfire, this gun is good. It has the highest rate of fire for a primary, and the highest rate of fire for a primary w/ rapid fire. If you use it right it is a good gun.
None of the assault rifles are bad.
None of the LMGs are that bad.

So it comes down to shotguns and snipers. Most shotguns and sniper are playable.

Bad shotguns: AA-12
Bad Snipers: RSASS, Dragunov.

The RSASS barely has any kick, and you can spray it fast enough it is a two hit kill almost as fast as a one hit kill.

So it comes down to the Dragunov and the AA-12. This is a tough one. The Dragunov is a one-shot headshot, so it is still a powerful weapon. But headshots are hard to get, and you can shoot two shots immediately and land both of them over 75% of the time.

The AA-12 can barely get a kill. It takes about a full clip with no extra proficiencies. But if you play right, this is good enough to get you some kills, you just need to reload safely. If you play with this gun enough, you can unlock damage and range, and then it can compete with some other shotguns. So, IMO it is better than the Dragunov. You can't really compare all of the guns in MW3 though, especially shotguns vs snipers. If you play with a gun right, you can do decent with any of them.
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Mw3 trailer is out link here

Personally I think it has gone over the top and treyarch should have stuck to historic wars because if you want future warfare you go to ghost recon or halo and other future games I personally go to cod for past wars or very near future not 13 years in the future when BO2 is hinted to be in on the trailer.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

Dragunov is possibly the worst gun because its weak for a sniper and has a fair bit of recoil unlike the rsass which makes up in being weak for a sniper by having little recoil.

As for AA12 it isn't that bad but to use it well you have to wait round corners if you see someone at range to get the 'jump' on them and be able to take them out due to the poor range.

But I have a another question what guns do you think are overpowered?

I say ACR it has little recoil and high damage and is easily better then all the other ARs

Type 95 Even though they increased the hip spread you can still get kills on people at close range hip firing and it is a 2 hit kill alot of the time making it hard to beat

Striker yes it has a fairly weak damage and short range for a shotgun but when people run around spraying it that thing is so annoying and in my opinion overpowered and they should drop the firerate

Anything akimbo thats automatic (especially FMG9s) because they have two guns that range from 15-42 dmg depending on range and gun with a good fire rate that means you stand no chance at close to mid range if you run into them and they need to have a bigger hipfire radius or just not be in the game.

MP7 it has no recoil a good fire rate and decent damage making it deadly at any range when its an smg and should only be deadly at close to medium range I mean cmon it literally has no recoil...
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

trailer is out

And I announce to you the death of Call of Duty.

My first reaction was: WHAT THE F**K? Followed by another WHAT THE F**K? Two things stuck out to me really.

First off, they're trying to slam the vehicles in your face. It seemed like every other scene was the view from some cockpit in a jet or helicopter, or the flight cam of what looks like an AC-130. Now what first person shooter do we know of that focuses heavily on vehicles? And what first person shooter do we know of that almost came close to topping MW3? Battlefield. I'm reminded of a five year old with a crude crayon drawing screaming 'look at this! Look at this!' Except this time, it's not cute.

Next was the whole future thing. I understand with WWII being out, Vietnam done, and the desert/urban cornered by the Modern Warfare series that theres really not much left. But the 'ZOMG THE ROBOTS ARE AFTER US!' isn't really that original. The momement the narrator mentioned 'robots' I immediately thought of Terminator, and Crysis, and a crap load of everything else. The concept could be good, but from what I've seen it doesn't really look all that interesting. And if these robots were designed to replace the US military, then how are foot soldiers going to take those out? Either the game is going to switch to people vs robots with heavy weapons, or it'll be the usual people vs people, with the occasional robot thrown in. And if it's the former, I'm afraid it'll play out more like Duke Nuke'em. And if the latter then whats the point of playing off the whole robot thing?

TL;DR: The Mav is not impressed.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

And another thing, the narrator is Woods. Or atleast, the same voice actor. Just noticed that.

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Yes, it's Woods (at the age of 95). And I really like the looks of this. It's good to see a new spin on the series. The best part? It's nonlinear!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I like the new idea, it's a change of pace from the same old stuff and looks a whole lot more interesting.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Scroll down until you see "Strike force mode". Below that it mentions that the story will jump between timelines. The primary one in 2025 then some of it will be in 1980s after the end of Black Ops 1. You'll be playing as Mason in the 80s then his son in 2025.

They also mention multiplayer in zombies in there.

89madman98
89madman98
1 posts
Nomad

make it more fun

Showing 2356-2370 of 3990