ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 839147
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

what i have gathered is this...
its in the future and its another version of the "cold war" with either russia or china. like now, russia and other communists are allies with the middle east. the communists get a highly capable hacking group that is the CoD version of the real life group, Anonymous (tacitus maybe?) anywho, the hackers hack into the control of all the U.S drones and take over a few, thus making the drones communist. i assume that at some point, your team breaks into the control and dissables everything their, hence the horses as they litrally have no tech now.

yes, the story line will feture mason in it. im guessing that you (mason jr or old mason) go and find woods and talk to him about whats going on. while you talk, you do a series of flash back missions. this means that their is some sort of secret that lies in the past.

it should be interesting, will the multiplayer take place in the future or cold war?

but thats pretty much all i know. i might make a video on it later.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Just watch Tmart's vid on it or any of the other breakdown vids to know what's going on.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Vonderhaar mentioned that the zombies will work with the improved multiplayer engine, which means double the amount of zombies and double the amount of coop players. From that I think 8 players in a zombie match, and from that I think of gigantic zombie maps. I like it.

Highfire
Highfire
3,025 posts
Nomad

This is my post to Maverick after he asked for my opinion on the Black Ops 2 Trailer.

This is uncut. I will elaborate on some parts if you ask but for the most part for anyone who's seen me around and talking about games, I think they'll know where I'm coming from.

Current thoughts on it, with only knowledge from Wikipedia which is minimal at best:

It's slightly innovative when it says entirely futuristic. As far as I'm concerned, by the Activision / Treyarch / IW formula that just means "slightly innovative" or &quotartially new" killstreaks (however entirely new for the franchise).

Nothing says good for the current balance of the game, and whilst I'm arguing with experience, it likely won't be balanced.

With the trailer? One moment.

Hrm. The trailer is lackluster. I mean sure, it's quite well packed with creations of Michael Bay but equally identified with first person camera perspectives -- the technology is just an element of the singleplayer and part of the current element in multiplayer.

This is also based on experience but quite frankly there's little flesh shown in this -- the vehicle mechanics were appalling in the previous Black Ops game and even if it were not, there's not much to it anyway.

Sorry, but vehicles are are primarily one of the following:
1) Enemy AI in Singleplayer / possibly Multiplayer.
2) Transportation for a cinematic (see escaping the prison in MW2, for example).
3) A blocky driving mechanic that incorporates sheer roflstomping because there's not much else to do in CoD.

If they're going to show off (which they know there's nothing to show, hence why they ONLY show teasers) then actually pick at the audience like Crysis 2 did. The multiplayer trailer (before release)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAGJuHHjCOY

Aside from the huge fall at the start, everything else I've seen and done in the game. They gave you the new things in the game, and they teased you for more with the weapons you can have and the perks (I forgot the names).

Of course, it's not entirely veracious - not everyone will travel in groups as such (and that invisibility doesn't always support that) and there are weapons that change how people react to things, often.

I don't know if that's the only trailer -- but they targetted Multiplayer, which is what people will go for.

Why wouldn't CoD? My honest guess is that they know nothing substantial is new in it.

If not, then why not have a trailer on Multiplayer? It's clearly the reason most people will purchase the game.

- H
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

That comparison is kinda faulty, because the Crysis trailer is NOT a reveal trailer, which are usually made explicitly to hype up the game with fancy visuals.

For reference, here's the actual Crysis 2 Reveal Trailer

As for why they didn't show off other things, it's a matter of knowing your audience. If you reveal your game at an event like the Playoffs, you'll obviously gather more interest if you show robots blowing each other up instead of showcasing the multiplayer, which would be uninteresting to people that haven't bought your game or aren't gamers to begin with.

I'd expect most of the news regarding the game to come from E3, myself.

L0rdDrag0
L0rdDrag0
280 posts
Peasant

How did we get to talking about crysis on a CoD thread?

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

hey guys you really need to look at http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/b/community_blog/archive/2012/05/02/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-coming-11-13-12.aspxhttp://this link it's about black ops 2 and it looks like they're going to make up for MW3 and i think it just might be the best call of duty to date from what i see

McSwagga
McSwagga
52 posts
Nomad

they should make one like battlefield because MW3 is not rly MW3 without jeeps, tanks, planes, ETC

so im saying battle field is more than 20x better than this MW3 crap

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

My opinion is everyone above 15 will think what the f**k and anyone younger will be like robots awesome which is ironic because cod is 18+ and they design it for kids.

If robots and stuff are in multiplayer BF here I come

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

[url=http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/b/community_blog/archive/2012/05/02/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-coming-11-13-12.aspx] sorry about whatever happened to the last link i tried maybe this one will work

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

ok my apology for that last post perhaps that one will work

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Well you won't miss the trailer for black ops 2 now. With youtube practically shoving it in everyone's face. I mean not to diss with all the ads because I actually use good adsense but seriously when i have to watch trailers between 1-3 minutes long its gets annoying. I liked back in the old days when all you saw was a few ads and they didn't get all in your face.

What particularly annoying is when your ad can't be skipped of if you have a bad connection and it has to buffer and you have to wait for it. Or there's this fairly new thing that they do where they put the ad in the middle of a movie. So you watch it about half-way through and then you get this 1-3 minute ad. Jeez its annoying.

And I don't know if anyone on here uploads videos from their PC but that is annoying to because if you go to another website or you enter too much information before its finished uploading then it just stops at whatever percentage and doesn't do a thing.

Anyway enough with that. So I am hoping that black Ops 2 will mix things up but not so much to the point where the game is terrible because it is new. But to the point where the new will be better. I did miss being able to drive cars back in COD 3 not MW3 for those people that get the 2 confused. But seriously what sucks about FPS games that have cars is that anyone can just run you over for a free kill and it is easy and takes little effort. And Vehicle on Vehicle battles never work because it is easier to just jump out and shoot a rocket.

So I am hoping that if there is a vehicle concept that it won't indeed suck

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

@Man:
Charlie Intel is better. They have much more information and update it frequently.

My opinion is everyone above 15 will think what the f**k and anyone younger will be like robots awesome which is ironic because cod is 18+ and they design it for kids.

I'm 17 and I'm looking forward to BO2, because Treyarch actually knows how to create a good game. Of course previous Treyarch CoDs have had problems, but I thought they were minor and they've apologised for them. One of the developers even said they'll be appealing to a wide range of people, so it's not just mainly focused for the newcomers like MW3.

And the whole robots thing, that will most likely only be in the campaign. Over the course of CoD we've seen many things in the campaign that weren't in the multiplayer, robots will probably be another one of those things.

I'm just surprised at all the complaining I've seen on various sites. A lot of people complain that CoD doesn't change, but when they do change they still complain.
I liked back in the old days when all you saw was a few ads and they didn't get all in your face.

I've always liked adblock, because I don't have to sit through ads on videos or have distracting things on sites.
So I am hoping that if there is a vehicle concept that it won't indeed suck

I really don't think vehicles will be introduced into the multiplayer like Battlefield. It's not their style, I think killstreaks such as helicopters, chopper gunners, etc are good enough, and they aren't that annoying because they only last 30 seconds to 1 minute.
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
603 posts
Peasant

I'm so syked for BO2 check out the trailer guys.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,824 posts
Chamberlain

OOOOOOOOOOO you were right matrix where did you find out about that

Showing 2371-2385 of 3990